Thread: Sniper & Marksman Skill Questions

Default Sniper & Marksman Skill Questions

I've been working on my Sniper a lot lately, and am likely getting him to 12x before I work on any of my other characters. As of right now, level 97 with Eruption and Strafe maxed, Thrust capped at 6, and Blizzard at level 11. Now, after I max Blizzard I have no clue what order I should get my skills in. I'd like to know which skills are more helpful for my training (Currently sniping off the railing at RNPD3).

I was thinking something along the lines of of this:

Spoiler!

Now for Marksman, most of their skills seem incredibly helpful so I'm completely baffled on what to do at all. Also not helping is that I've heard "Max SKILL first" for just about every skill available to them. I don't even know how a good Marksman build would start. Any help would be appreciated.

A solid start seems like.

-U-Strafe
    -Pierce
    -Marksmanship

Then max marksmanship since it's only 10 points for insane extra damage and hp. I would follow up with 5-10 Crossbow Expert Then focus on either Ustrafe or Pierce depending on which you prefered. From there I'd go with snipe. Especially if you like to boss/ToT.

I wouldn't recommend getting Eagle until much later. Like you said, it's not worth maxing, but in my opinion (as I've played a WildHunter to 120), it doesn't help all that much. As a WH it's good to spam since it doesn't cost a summoning rock, but as a regular archer (Ranger/Sniper) I would recommend against wasting rocks for a bird that doesn't help with training all that much.

In terms of fourth job, I would say to put 1 Ultimate Strafe, 1 Piercing Arrow, and 1 Snipe. Ultimate Strafe gives you an extra two arrows right off the bat, Piercing Arrow lets you do some small mobbing (4 monsters) with a super strong attack, and Snipe is for fun, being your "signature" skill (though it costs 300 MP to cast at level 1).
    At level 121 I would recommend you to put 1 point into Frostprey (it lasts about 100s at level 1), then begin maxing Ultimate Strafe or Piercing Arrow (your main training skills), or Marksmanship if you plan on training with Arrow Rain more. Whichever you choose, you should get Pierce to 21 (6 mob attack) early on, as it'll help quite a bit with training.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

As for Sniper I suggest maxing blizz and mortal blow or just max mortal blow first, its a great skill and makes the insufferable training to 120 that much faster and blizz is just such a useful skill so more damage is obvious. Then max puppet and get eagle to 15 and then u should be solid.

As for 120+ I suggest for the first 3 points u get at job change put 1 Snipe, 1 Ult Strafe and 1 Frostprey. As for myself i put in peircing arrow rather then frostprey and it wasnt helpful.

As for what you should do next you have 2 options: Training or Bossing builds

Training: Prioritize Marksman Boost and Ult Strafe first, then add sharp eyes and peircing arrow, dragons breath also helps for gathering mobs so a few points into it couldnt hurt. From there you can decide whether u want snipe, marksmanship, DB or MW

Bossing: *Note* Most of MS is NOT bossing *end note* For this Build Prioritize MMB, snipe and sharp eyes, while leaving ult strafe at level 1 until later. Then from there on max US, Marksmanship and Piercing in any order you'd like. Remember most of the times, high level sharp eyes is a neccessity in most parties (despite being nerfed it still helps alot) Marksman Boost will raise you overall dps and at lvl 30 snipe is like having an additional party member in a boss run. Also, US is able to outdamage snipe, so using those two in conjuction with each other, you can pretty much do twice as much damage to bosses as you could normally do without snipe.

Anyways I hope this helps, gl
    "One who knows nothing can understand nothing"