Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: This is for Bulma: Read this if you read no other post

Chrome: Big brother Google is watching you.

I use Fire Fox and let me tell you that it's killing me. It keeps getting stuck for no reason and is kinda slow. I also am downloading chrome right now. #Justsayin

Spoiler!

Too cool for bot zapping Clockwork's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
    I do have a problem. It's called not having anyone here, that I can actually be sure enough to call a friend.
    You mean we're not friends?

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FailFTW View Post
    I'm a pretty isolated person IRL too and I use the internet to make socializing easier, but this is definitely NOT an excuse to never taking anybody's suggestions into consideration.
    No it's not. Being attacked for attempting to reach out to people on the other hand, may be.

-----------------------

Areks, try Lunascape first.

Supposedly, it has everything good about Chrome, plus everything good about Firefox, plus whatever the heck is good about IE. Something about being able to switch modes, or something.

--------------------------------

Yes, Tesi, he responded. Therefore he didn't read. I gave several explanations why I prefer it, and then a big "shut up already" warning, as in if you bother to respond anymore, I'm considering you flaming. Look, and listen carefully, I have a beef with a very specific thing, I explained why (I did not "dodge the question like a politician"). It's my beef, and to talk me out of it, is what I consider theft of my property. I'm upset because of that.

Proxy thing, I mean this.

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/3465/proxybs.jpg

Firefox? I'm running it now with the proxy off. You can "prove" all you want, but I believe what I see with my eyes.

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/7...ptionsmenu.jpg

I clicked right on the address bar. How hard is it to do this?

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/1690/betteronec.jpg

This and nothing else, is what I'm talking about. Is it really worth it to argue with me over whether a program should or shouldn't have something so basic? No argument, it should.

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/5...dmythatsie.jpg

If you were to tell me this were anything besides a direct mod of IE (complete with the fact that they're linked), I'd say you're lying.

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/9540/dejavuw.jpg

Just for you, I've gone online (disabling proxies, and any security it needs not to have) to see how the internet based functions work. Aren't you thrilled?

I think I'll get themes, okay? Since I definitely cannot customize my browser in any way that I can see.

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/3...ionpicture.jpg

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/6835/theme1m.jpg

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/5284/theme2i.jpg

Two pages, one for the bar color, one for the graphic skin. Who the hell wants Mariah Carey as a design? And all the color skins look identical in buttons, because Chrome (like me) doesn't like to change anything.

Or, you can have a browser that has over 400 themes, just for most popular, has many and varied buttons (including one that looks exactly like chrome).

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/themes/

You accuse me of not reading, I accuse you of being blind.

Are you taking this stance because you truly believe in it(?)
    Uh, duh, Sherlock. People normally take stances because they DON'T believe in them, do they? People normally get upset because of things they don't believe in? I guess not. Keep your stinking browser, but I'm unfriending you guys.

The kitteh has spoken. I guess I have some friends, but I'm beginning to doubt Dae and Tesi as among them.

Fair enough, Azure. I'm having some problems myself with ImageShack compatibility.
    Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 11th February 2011 at 02:19 AM.

Icon11

Edit: h/o bulma something's wrong with your browser the theme page should look like this:
    Spoiler!

You don't have to read this post if you don't want to, but you clearly did not understand the OP. Please read it again it is very short and clear compared to this.

Dae, I tried Chrome. I honestly tried it despite all reservations. And I hated it. I hated it because the maker of the product gave no consideration to the customers and designed it to be a new system. And I hate it more, the more people defend it. Even if I were impressed looking at it (which is a downgrade in the way that counts to me), the fact that now I haven't IE on my computer, and it can't work pretty much disqualifies it from my serious examination.
    Maybe the OP wasn't clear. I don't care if you use firefox, and I don't care if you dislike chrome. I care that you are making false accusations and basing bias attacks on the users, developers, and the application on those false accusations.

The reason, Dae that I did not even BOTHER to read it, is because you were debating the wrong point. As soon as you started talking about proxies, I read that much, and skimmed the rest, because I very clearly said it wasn't the point. You accuse me of not reading, but you definitely did not either.
    You base this point on several observations which are erroneous in nature therefore I address your argument by telling you what you have the wrong idea on. Picking a fight with you? No, you're basing arguments against a program that I respect on false claims and minuscule opinions. Lower on this you said there was 166 people or so which complained about a menu bar. Chrome has a hold of 23.8% of the market right now. 166 people is in no way indicative of what the consumer as a whole wants. It is what you and a few other people want and you push that to mean that because you don't get what you want the whole company must have bad customer service. The browser is open source Bulma. You're a programmer, if you want a menu you can edit a menu in if you really want it. You can edit the source code of the browser as much as you want to make it as secure as you think it should be. If you think you have the right idea of how a browser should be made then craft it and release it. You probably think I'm going off on a tangent now, and I kinda am, but the numbers don't lie. Google's customer service must be doing something right because from 2008 to 2011 chrome gained 23.8% of the market where before it had none.

The point was, and always Google's lack of customer consideration. Not the menubar, not the proxies. I could tell you the specifics of either until I was blue in the face, but I'm not gonna because it's basically about people supporting a product that has features that make me go "Huh? Why is this good?" You have every right to do it, but what made me upset about the proxies is that they may be insecure. They might not be, but when I look upon a browser and see the same internet settings being used as IE, I immediately say "insecure" and drop the use of the product. That people debate me on this point is not only baffling, but infuriating. Look, if you wanna talk about why you like it, that's one thing. But you seemed to be talking about why I should like it, and I probably am never gonna.
    First sentence in this thread's OP: "I don't care if you like firefox." Near the top of this post: "I don't care if you dislike chrome." Why I debate you is because you are dead wrong about your accusations yet you keep pushing them like they're God given truth and you wonder why no one else sees it. I can say that your game is programmed completely inefficiently and for that reason it is horrible. I can claim that, but I have no knowledge of the source code you used. I have no knowledge of how you programmed it and what is going on behind the scenes. I can just say that because I want to and I think everyone else should believe me. That is what you're doing right now Bulma. What I'm doing is defending the false accusations and pointing you in the right direction. You don't need to like it you just need to stop spurting lies and encouraging misunderstanding.

That you continued to post, rather than simply take my reasons why as my reasons why, meant that you were not really looking for reasons, you were looking to fight. Since it was 2am, I figured that was a good enough reason to ignore you. Yea, it's sorta a "argument is over because I say it's over" mentality, but that's me, and that's real.

So you instead talked not about the menubar but the proxy system, which I established, rendered Chrome inoperable on our computers after doing this. A dead wood is not really a valid thing to be glorifying. You'd have to show what it can do offline to warrant my interest at that point
    I talk about it because you misunderstood what was really going on. Your main argument is held up by your main points. One of your main arguments was that chrome was a copy of IE. The main point for that argument was the proxy system. The problem with your main point was that was the system proxy system not the IE proxy system. Your main point therefore is invalid. That is why I address those things.

The reason why you feel like I don't address the rest is because you misunderstand what I'm saying. You think I'm pushing you to use chrome but I'm not. I'm simply filling in the gaps in your knowledge so you can make strong valid claims about chrome's deficiencies. The points that I do not address in your arguments are the points which I feel do not require validation or the points which I feel were well grounded and strong.

On all these defenses made for Chrome, not one, single, time did someone give me a good reason why Chrome is better, of something it has that Firefox doesn't. They just raged at me and tried to pick apart my argument. I gave (you've told me that one of these isn't valid) 4 of 5 things that Firefox does well.
    That is complete and utter bull****. We gave you many reasons why Chrome is good (did we once make a jab at Firefox? Ever?) But you ignore those arguments by either not reading them or filing them away in your head as "useless false claims". I am not trying to convince you one is better. I'm trying to convince you that you have no place telling us what is wrong with Chrome. I'm telling you that you have no right to bash the product, the devs, or the users because your arguments are weak and some of them ungrounded. I'll reiterate a point I made in the other thread:

Chrome is known and advertised for its SPEED. I love it for its simplicity and minimalism. You can reject that. I told you (1) why a single menu was better and (2) why multiple menus were relatively useless. You disagree ok, point is done. Then you talk about chrome being an IE copy and chrome having no security. What? I asked this before but did you get past the new tab page or did you just close the browser? What is your problem that you must find something wrong with it even if it means stretching your argument so it falls out of your knowledge range? This would've stopped if you read my second post which you disregarded as flame when it was no such thing and saw what arguments you were making were flawed. I have no problem accepting your complaints that chrome does not load certain web pages properly or that the chatbox flashes at you when you view it on chrome, but you complain about the browser being non-customer oriented because it (to you only) lacks a few features? You're being full of yourself there.
    Last edited by Dae314; 11th February 2011 at 02:48 AM.

Wtf is up with all of this arguing.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

ohey look

chrome has extensions, themes, and pretty much everything MFF has, maybe a little less. The one you linked bulma was the old and out-dated one.
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore
    Quote Originally Posted by BarelyAwake View Post
    This thread quickly turned into who all wants to sex up Merciless.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by omarXRanger View Post
    Wtf is up with all of this arguing.
    Bulma flamed Chrome with some incorrect statements, and Dae corrected the main points. Bulma then covered up by saying everything was based on personal experience, and nothing could change the way she thought. By "covered up" I mean she just went into her "imma ignore you guys but then change my mind anyway and claim it as my own idea" state. Basically, instead of saying "I like Firefox, but I don't really like Chrome", she said "Chrome sucks hard nothing's gonna change my mind". She then took everything as a personal attack against her beliefs, and actually got mad (which is a rarity for her).

Bulma, there's a reason we didn't have any problems with other people who chose one over the other. Their "reasons" were not unsupported rants against one side or the other. They gave their personal opinions on the browser, or were able to back up technical claims with specific facts. You didn't present a personal reason, but instead you just came out and bashed Chrome (and the users of it) with incorrect points.

When I said "are you taking this stance because you truly believe in it?", here's what I meant.

You seem to be the type of person who will make a controversial claim simply to be "weird". Your siggy and title seem to embrace it, but there's a difference between embracing your oddities and running away with your ego. You might as well have ranted to a conspiracy theory radio show, because all of your points were just repetitions of previously debunked claims. You never once addressed the content of a rebuttal. Instead, you focused on bashing the message with incorrect, outdated, or biased opinions.

tl;dr

Bulma failed hard and is raging again. It's a repetition of the "HP Lukless bloodpriest" debacle. A few months from now, she'll probably be defending chrome and claiming to have found it all herself.

Spoiler!

It's already well known that Bulma doesn't listen or take in anyone elses posts or opinions. Which is hilarious seeing how long her posts usually are, great irony.

I'll read most long posts but bulma's I refuse to ever read. Why in the bloody hell would I want to read someone's bloated post when they have no interest in reading my small two liner?

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixRider View Post
    It's already well known that Bulma doesn't listen or take in anyone elses posts or opinions. Which is hilarious seeing how long her posts usually are, great irony.

I'll read most long posts but bulma's I refuse to ever read. Why in the bloody hell would I want to read someone's bloated post when they have no interest in reading my small two liner?
    because its not complex enough

simplicity is stupid and bad

obviously
    Quote Originally Posted by BarelyAwake View Post
    This thread quickly turned into who all wants to sex up Merciless.