Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: This is for Bulma: Read this if you read no other post

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

I answered. About as many times. And you guys got convinced I was "evading the question."

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8326/thisl.png
    (Select All, if I don't feel like Ctrl A for Select All)

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/5589/this2p.png
    (Find on Page, as I never use the shortcut)

http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/1984/thisonetoo.png
    (Tool -> Options, for alot of my settings)

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/7022/andthis.png
    (Zoom Control, though this one actually takes longer than to just Ctrl +/-)

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/5...mainlythis.png
    (Mainly for Favorites. Favorites boxes look like popups, and I hate popups.)

I also just rightclick on the menubar, like so, to customize the bars I need, and the buttons I want. Seriously, I told you guys this. And I told you this is why the Chrome system to me, feels like a ripoff.

I told you this. And I told you again, and again, and again. But I apparently still haven't told you, because I am willing to place money that someone will ask again. It's there to organize, it's there to customize, and the answer is all of the above. I use buttons, shortcuts, and the menubar for all of the above. I did answer the question, several times, with several reasons. I never have a one single reason for anything, so stop looking for it, and stop asking this question. My answer will be one of those I mentioned.

The truth is you DON'T WANT to hear my answer, because all you hear is "this answer is wrong." It's right to me, and I can do it faster than shortcuts. Here's an exercise.
    Try writing with your off-hand. Tell me how it feels. Then stop telling me I should do it your way, because it feels exactly like that, extremely awkward. Whenever I'm actually being serious, I don't tell other people to do things my way. I don't even say my way is better. I say my way is better to me. (I'm a lefty btw)

On my gravestone, I've decided on my epitaph. It's all I've heard from everyone I meet.

"We never did it this way."
    Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 19th February 2011 at 01:44 PM.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Spoiler!

That's seriously all we needed. The problem was you weren't taking a personal stance before (at least it really didn't come off that way). You were talking about the browser as a whole, not your preferences regarding the browser. More than that, many of your comments were flat out incorrect. Even when you did try to relate it to your preferences, you made generic sweeping statements about it. That's what we were frustrated with. None of us cared about what browser you chose (so long as you chose something other than IE). Plenty of others said they liked FF better, and no one really jumped at them. Go back and read your comments and see WHY we pointed them out.

Also, lol...
    Click that wrench and look at Chrome's zoom/find/etc. It's all right there.

SO!!!
    Once again
    I ask:
    What do you do with a toolbar that you can't do in Chrome?

Edit:
    Oh wait, "select all" isn't in there. Uh oh
    Last edited by Tesiqurasa; 19th February 2011 at 01:55 PM.

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

that is all I wanted. /insert >what tesi said<

I do want to hear your answer. There are no wrong answers with what you do and do not like (except in the case of IE)

all you had to say was " I like FF because of the menu bar." then we asked you what you actually use it for, and you could have said "I used it for w, x, y, and z."

please point out in your previous posts where you actually said what you use the menu bar for. I am dying to know where you said all these things.

Tesi is right on everything he just said.
    Quote Originally Posted by BarelyAwake View Post
    This thread quickly turned into who all wants to sex up Merciless.

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Icon2

Oh ok. Btw, you guys have seriously no idea the sort of complex I have right now. I keep expecting people to come banging on my door and start calling out why my hair doesn't look right or something (it's a real mess).

"What you use it for" from my way of thinking means "why you use it."

(Just like to my way of thing "freedom of speech, freedom of religion, and freedom of the press" are not three individual rights, but "freedom of expression." If we have freedom of expression, I should be able to walk to any job interview with what I feel best defines me (either jeans and a tee if I'm feeling manly, or a jean-skirt and blouse if I'm not (I really like denim)) and they have to hire/not hire me based on merit rather than appearance. But the federal government doesn't see fit to enforce that one. Not to mention in addition to my "expression" I don't keep neat enough for it to really work)

So I was telling good reasons to use it. Which was apparently still not answering the question.

Tesi, c'mon.

Anyway, I could probably cite about five or six things in Chrome that I use, which it specifically doesn't mention as part of its dropdown. The leading one is View -> Toolbars (controlling whether you even want an address bar for instance, or whether you want more options. It's sorta like the VCR with the pop-open part that has all the horizontal/vertical static adjustments). But I'm not gonna, cause I'm relieved and in a better mood (and anyway, I already mentioned one).

please point out in your previous posts where you actually said what you use the menu bar for. I am dying to know where you said all these things.
    Oh, geez, you're not gonna make me go quote hunting are you? (holdon)

I vaguely talked about some of the things I used it, when I gave my ten points or whatever (mainly this:

I can search for history related stuff in History, view in View, favorites in Favorites
    (though I could've mentioned any of those functions by name, proof that at this point I still didn't understand the question)

I think I did so again, in the post with the Printer icon, but once again, it was vague. I told things I do with the menubar, but not "this button" or that feature.)

Oh yes, and I technically did mention Customize a bunch of times (which is actually an extension of View ->Toolbars). The way I use the bars, half of it is actually just an extra space where I can put more stuff.
    Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 19th February 2011 at 10:57 PM.

You talk too much. You never explained at all in the previous posts what you use in the toolbar that you don't use with shortcuts. At least you did now.
    Last edited by Omar Ranger; 20th February 2011 at 12:09 AM.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

Too cool for bot zapping Clockwork's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
    Try writing with your off-hand. Tell me how it feels.
    What if we don't have an off-hand?

Also, I don't see why people were getting so worked up. I didn't read everything in this thread (or the posts that led to it) but to my understanding bulma essentially said, "I don't like Chrome. I like Firefox because I like the toolbar." Isn't that good enough? O_o

I was just curious of what he uses the toolbar for. He liked to dance around that question quite often.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

Icon11

Hey who revived this thing??? oh wait Bulma did... but at least her arguments are grounded well and not taking jabs at stuff now. Also guys, I never mentioned this b/c I thought this thread was dead, but I remember bulma explaining that she used the menu bar to do all those things that she said in that post. It's the reason that, in the original thread where this started, we started telling her to use keyboard shortcuts (honestly, ctrl+a and ctrl+scroll would save you a lot of trouble but meh if you like it it doesn't matter). Re: left hand comment though, everyone has a short learning period when getting introduced to something new. It was awkward for all of us to start using shortcuts (just like when you first learned how to swim, if you ever did, it was awkward to actually learn the "correct" way to do it).

Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
    Also, I don't see why people were getting so worked up. I didn't read everything in this thread (or the posts that led to it) but to my understanding bulma essentially said, "I don't like Chrome. I like Firefox because I like the toolbar." Isn't that good enough? O_o
    She didn't just say "I don't like chrome, I like firefox" she continued by saying "chrome is complete trash, < deliberate attacks against chrome> (why?), <feature is lacking or sucks> (sometimes this was completely untrue), <Chrome = IE> (uninformed observation), etc etc". My attack was in defense of chrome because Bulma made some false claims and jabs against it. This thread was made because bulma kept bringing up the same arguments that I refuted without acknowledging that anything had changed. It's done now though.

Anyway, lets </thread> this before bulma goes off on another accusation run against chrome.
    Last edited by Dae314; 20th February 2011 at 02:26 AM.