Thread: Should I focus on LUK or INT items?

Default Should I focus on LUK or INT items?

What should I wear as a lowluk mage?

I have 40 base luk and 81 total LUK.
    I'm lvl 79,and I don't know if I have to get items with more LUK and wear the normal weapons,or focus on INT items and stay with Dark ritual till E-Wand.
    should i get LUK items instead of INT items so I can have the weapons Kage and Blue Marine, or stay with Dark Ritual and get items for INT,cuz I dont need any more LUK for Dark Ritual..

I'll try to explain better, lets say my overall luk is 80 and my weapon right now requires 80 luk, and for a better weapon I need 90 luk,
    so should I get a 1 luk cape,and get the better weapon, or get a cape with INT,ans stay with the weapon I have know?
    I mean,whats more importent,to focus on INT and wear the items that I'm available to wear,or get items with luk so I can get the high lvls weapons?

TY !

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

If you can afford it, keep your base luk at 40 and just use lukless weapons for a while. Like you said, the only thing you'll need luk for is armor (since Ewands don't require luk, and the Estaff is beyond expensive now). You will easily reach ~123 total luk, but the only reverse armor you should be wearing is gloves (for self SE, should you choose this). If you do manage to get a Chtp, you'll be able to wear these, but it won't be necessary.

83 is enough total luk for end-game items, so do not upgrade more. Wait until you get items like the HTP/ring sets/belt/etc to worry about equipping more. For now, focus on getting 3 line lvl 71+ items and cubing/scrolling them for int.

Spoiler!

Icon11

Troll Answer:
    Depends, do you want to actually know the answers when a test comes or do you want to be able to just guess everything correctly?

Srs Answer:
    The only reason, as tesu said, to get luk is to equip reverse/lv 100+ equips (since those get better potential stats). Once you reach that level you don't need any more luk. It's not worth the effort to get more luk equips to equip a kage or other such stuff though if you have an OK potentialed lukless stuff that you can use.

You should be fine with the luk you have now for a very long time. If you ever come into a lot of money, you might want to add luk for a 163 Estaff, but that's far into the future.

And you can wear multiple Reverse items with 40 base luk, even without a CHTP or CZak helm. My bishop has 41 base and wears the Reverse glove and wand. As you continue, you'll get items with both luk and int, so you won't have to choose. But for now, you should be fine with level 80 equips. Most Kages and Blue Marines aren't well-scrolled anyway, because the raw weapons are more expensive to make and harder to find.
    Spoiler!

So what weapon should i get if im lvl 90 now? :O
    And i'm using lame Dark Ritual right now!

Whatever you can wear with the luk you already have. I'd get a decently scrolled weapon you can wear now, and focus on getting 71+ potentialled equips for int, and a HTP at 120. When you get more luk from the HTP, you can think about wearing higher leveled weapons and armors.

Get an Ewand when you get to 120. That should hold you for a long time in terms of weapons.
    Spoiler!