Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mechanic 3rd job skill build !

Quote Originally Posted by emailbox View Post

Seriously the stupidest reason I've heard not to max Dice.
    EVERY SINGLE PIRATE SHOULD MAX DICE, it's probably THE #1 buff they get.
    So what skill do we not max? Satellite?

Icon6

Quote Originally Posted by USGrantRocks View Post
    So what skill do we not max? Satellite?
    No way. You should definitely max Satellite.

Depends on your build/what you like. Not maxing options (in my mind) are only these:
    Metal Fist Mastery - This is a possibility if you max Punch, because the extra dmg on drill hands isn't a huge deal
    Punch Launcher - if you just want to use hammer, why max this?
    Rock N Shock - Basically a relatively small portion of mechanics don't seem to like this skill. If you won't ever use it, why max it? (The crap reason to not max is that it gets MEGA nerfed in the Chaos patch but aiming towards that now is kind of silly)
    Heal Bot - If you love everything else then a minor increase in duration and heal % probably make this the best option to leave unmaxed.
    Quote Originally Posted by piwhgem View Post
    Straight as a Daos

Honestly, I don't see how it is such a big issue. In 3rd job mechs are 2 points short of maxing everything. 2 points.
    The only skills in 3rd job with an actual noticeable change between maxed and minus 1 or 2 points is punch with 1 more monster hit and dice with 30 second shorter cooldown.

Just throwing it out there, my Mech is now level 100. I'm in the process of making a guide, and my current 3rd job build is:
    Maxed Metal Fist, Maxed Accelerator, Maxed Rock N Shock, Maxed Satellite, and I'm 16/20 for Siege mode. After Siege mode, I'm maxing Roll of the dice. Currently it's level 2, and at level 102, I can add 2 points, putting it at 4, so:
    103: 7 Dice
    104: 10 Dice
    105: 13 dice
    106: 16 Dice
    107: 19 Dice
    108: 20 Dice and 2 free points. I'm thinking of putting them in to Heal bot, as I WILL not be using Punch. I've learned the (no pun intended) mechanics of Atomic Hammer, and how to get around the enemies flying in the air. Which simply involves jumping and attacking after the first hammer. I can currently crit for up to 35,000 with Hammer, so even Captains take 3 hits max.

Icon6

Quote Originally Posted by ScarletWolf View Post
    Honestly, I don't see how it is such a big issue. In 3rd job mechs are 2 points short of maxing everything. 2 points.
    The only skills in 3rd job with an actual noticeable change between maxed and minus 1 or 2 points is punch with 1 more monster hit and dice with 30 second shorter cooldown.
    If you want to get down to it, the vast majority of abilities are "not a big issue" and you can do whatever you want.

Not maxing satellite is kind of silly since, while yes its just a few %age points of dmg, its also active literally ALL THE TIME.
    Quote Originally Posted by piwhgem View Post
    Straight as a Daos

Seems like the only place rock'n'shock helps is at pirates and at GT.

Also, seems like my opinion was flawed. Hammer destroys punch at duals since you can spam hammer/hits 2 plats in certain areas. But since you're at duals from 114-120 and then you get laser I guess you can get used to hammer for those few levels.

annnnnnnnnnnnnd,
    Healbot may require you to crouch down but its not like you have to stay there for 10 hours. It takes one second to heal. And in certain training places where you don't get hit often and the map isn't that big healing bot will be very useful.
    Last edited by Twiz; 1st March 2011 at 08:48 AM.