Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mechanic 3rd job skill build !

Default Mechanic 3rd job skill build !

Please help me on my skill build for mechanic.

This information would be appreciated. Along with a 2nd job build as well. Off-topic: Should I continue doing Edelstein quests or start grinding?

Quote Originally Posted by turles View Post
    This information would be appreciated. Along with a 2nd job build as well. Off-topic: Should I continue doing Edelstein quests or start grinding?
    Grinding is always faster.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Until I actually finish my in progress guide, the most I can give you is basic information.

What I did in third job, was drop a Point in to Siege mode, and two in to Metal Fist mastery. At level 7-76 I ,axed Metal Fist. After I maxed Metal fist, I maxed out Rock N Shock. After maxing Rock N Shock, I maxed Satelite. After Satellite, I'm maxing Punch Launcher. After that, I'm maxing Accelerator. After that, Healing bot, and after that. Siege mode. The order after Satellite is really up to you, but the build 71-86 will maximize training speeds. (Dropping a point in to Accelerator will help a lot.)

What I did/am doing was/is:
    1 in Rocket Punch or w/e, 1 in metal fist, 1 in siege
    Max Metal fist
    Max Punch
    Max Satellite
    Max Dice
    Max Accelerator
    Max Healing
    Max Siege
    Rest in rock'n'shock

Quote Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
    Until I actually finish my in progress guide, the most I can give you is basic information.

What I did in third job, was drop a Point in to Siege mode, and two in to Metal Fist mastery. At level 7-76 I ,axed Metal Fist. After I maxed Metal fist, I maxed out Rock N Shock. After maxing Rock N Shock, I maxed Satelite. After Satellite, I'm maxing Punch Launcher. After that, I'm maxing Accelerator. After that, Healing bot, and after that. Siege mode. The order after Satellite is really up to you, but the build 71-86 will maximize training speeds. (Dropping a point in to Accelerator will help a lot.)
    You do know that you can't max everything, right? And wheres dice?
    Last edited by Twiz; 13th February 2011 at 10:24 AM.

Would someone kindly direct me to a nice 2nd & 3rd job skill & training guide please? I'm at a loss, don't want to do quests anymore. Just summarized info would be nice. I'm 31 now.

Quote Originally Posted by turles View Post
    Would someone kindly direct me to a nice 2nd & 3rd job skill & training guide please? I'm at a loss, don't want to do quests anymore. Just summarized info would be nice. I'm 31 now.
    What I did/am going to do:
    30-40: Mushroom Kingdom & Kerning Square
    40-50: Kerning Square, Lunar Pixies
    50-60: Drakes, Robos
    60-70: Robos, Verne Mines, Jesters
    70-80: Jesters, Verne Mines (Not as great as Jesters but a nice alternative if Jesters are full)
    80-90: Jesters, Roids
    90-100: Roids, C-2
    100-110: Pirates, MP3, C-2, Lab-202
    110-120: Duals
    Last edited by Twiz; 14th February 2011 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Edited 100-110

Uhm, Twiz. I do not plan on maxing Dice, as I do not see much of a use compared to other skills. Maybe I'll drop Accelerator for it.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
    Uhm, Twiz. I do not plan on maxing Dice, as I do not see much of a use compared to other skills. Maybe I'll drop Accelerator for it.
    I'm not completely sure what you drop for it, but Dice is an incredibly important skill. The added crit rate and damage is a tremendous boost at bosses, and a 6 is great for training. It's something that you'll use forever.

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Twiz View Post
    What I did/am doing was/is:
    1 in Rocket Punch or w/e, 1 in metal fist, 1 in siege
    Max Metal fist
    Max Punch
    Max Satellite
    Max Dice
    Max Accelerator
    Max Healing
    Max Siege
    Rest in rock'n'shock

That is not a good end result.

Punch shouldn't be maxed since it is so much weaker than Atomic Hammer.

Punch - 5 Monsters, 420% Damage.
    Hammer - 6 Monsters, 430% + 50% = 480% Damage with a 1/3 chance of ignoring defense.

'But Punch is a ranged attack'? When you're grinding, you use Drill to attack and get you around the map. So really, it will be in very rare occasions where you would use Punch if you are an efficient grinder.

That being said, one more thing you need in order to be efficient is to have Rock'n'Shock maxed. This helps greatly when grinding, it's a skill which acts like a party member - I know from personal experience that it makes gaining exp a lot faster when something else is killing three rounds of spawns for you while you do your own killing.

TL;DR - Punch is sh*t so don't max it. R'n'S > Punch.
    Last edited by Mesniac; 14th February 2011 at 07:45 AM.