Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mechanic 3rd job skill build !

Quote Originally Posted by Mesniac View Post

That is not a good end result.

Punch shouldn't be maxed since it is so much weaker than Atomic Hammer.

Punch - 5 Monsters, 420% Damage.
    Hammer - 6 Monsters, 430% + 50% = 480% Damage with a 1/3 chance of ignoring defense.

'But Punch is a ranged attack'? When you're grinding, you use Drill to attack and get you around the map. So really, it will be in very rare occasions where you would use Punch if you are an efficient grinder.

That being said, one more thing you need in order to be efficient is to have Rock'n'Shock maxed. This helps greatly when grinding, it's a skill which acts like a party member - I know from personal experience that it makes gaining exp a lot faster when something else is killing three rounds of spawns for you while you do your own killing.

TL;DR - Punch is sh*t so don't max it. R'n'S > Punch.
    ok,
    Where the hell did you get that info from?
    Punch is 570% and hits 6.

Also, I've tried using hammer AND punch at several maps. I'm able to continuously spam punch but hammer knocks the monsters into the air making me miss those monsters I previously hit.

After pirates rock'n'shock is pretty useless. I've also had MY OWN experiences where other mechanics were unable to ks me out of my map even though they had hammer+rock'n'shock while I had punch .I've had other mechanics try to steal my maps and waste time setting up rock'n'shock while I was busy drilling and punching the monsters while their little summons barely made a dent on the monsters.

If you want, go ahead and max rock'n'shock but I'm doing fine without it and wont ever see a practical reason to waste sp maxing it.

Well that's the last time I'm using Basil for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
    Uhm, Twiz. I do not plan on maxing Dice, as I do not see much of a use compared to other skills. Maybe I'll drop Accelerator for it.
    Which is why no one wants to give you advice.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Which is why I do not ask for it.

Then don't give false advice to others.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Well since that Chaos Update thing is gonna come arounds to GMS eventually,and since Atomic Hammer and Drill Hands are gonna be nerfed(from what I heard),wouldn't you want to max out Punch? And is the Heal Bot any good? Cause I was thinking about dropping that.

Healbot, at the current time, isn't worth much. It doesn't heal party members as it should and at max only heals 25% of your base hp.
    It'll get buffed to heal 50% later, but it's still a stationary healing area most suited for bosses and the effect at lvl 18 is practically as good as maxed.

The 2 things that imo makes punch better than hammer is the spammability of punch and its 100% stun rate. Hammers main flaw is launching the monsters into the air.

As for 2nd job, I consider that a balancing act between Mech Rage and Rocket Booster. MRs only real change is the duration and RBs main change is the mp cost. RBs damage is of course increased as well, but it is rarely used as an attack and that damage will later be lowered severely.

I havent used Hammer since around 72, I love Punch, the damage, the spamability and like scarlet said, the 100% stun. If you are surrounded fire to the left fire to the right, both sets are stunned.

I didnt care for the delay in the mobs being tossed in the air, but it was fun 1-70.
    Of course I hear at Job 4 we wont be using either. :)

I prob wont be maxxing dice either. I roll too many 1's LOL

Quote Originally Posted by USGrantRocks View Post
    I havent used Hammer since around 72, I love Punch, the damage, the spamability and like scarlet said, the 100% stun. If you are surrounded fire to the left fire to the right, both sets are stunned.

I didnt care for the delay in the mobs being tossed in the air, but it was fun 1-70.
    Of course I hear at Job 4 we wont be using either. :)

I prob wont be maxxing dice either. I roll too many 1's LOL
    That doesn't matter. Maxing Dice makes or breaks a Pirate; you have a chance at 20% extra damage, 15% extra critical rate, 30% extra EXP gain...
    Those are insane buffs, and they last for 3 minutes. Rolling a 1 now doesn't mean you'll only roll 1s for the rest of your Mechanic career.

Seriously the stupidest reason I've heard not to max Dice.
    EVERY SINGLE PIRATE SHOULD MAX DICE, it's probably THE #1 buff they get.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Icon6

Just toss out what I am doing:
    Level 78 with something like Max Punch, 2 Metal Fist Mastery, 1 Satellite, 1 Siege Mode
    I REALLY like punch over hammer, the speed is the key for me. Also I hate how hammer knocks them up into the air. Finally 100% stun is nice for conserving pots.

I intend on maxing (in no particular order):
    Siege Mode
    Acceleration
    Satellite
    Roll of the Dice

I need to try out RnS to see if I like it. If I dont care for it I'll be doing Satellite next.
    If I don't like RnS then that will be what isn't maxed.
    Quote Originally Posted by piwhgem View Post
    Straight as a Daos