Thread: Help with taking screenshots

Default Help with taking screenshots

ok so i take a screenshot and when i try to paste it, i get a bunch of numbers.
    Also, after i do successfully take a screenshot, how do i put it in to a 'reply to thread'?

BuckshotEye-8x Cannoneer
    Destresation- 8x Aran
    [05-06, 19:18] Tesiqurasa: jitenp is hot <----took you long enough

http://tinypic.com/

You need to upload the picture from your computer to a site like that and use the IMG code in the "reply"
    Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    I was conceived around 4-5am.

Quote Originally Posted by ithrow4luk View Post
    http://tinypic.com/

You need to upload the picture from your computer to a site like that and use the IMG code in the "reply"
    ok but how do i make it into a file?

BuckshotEye-8x Cannoneer
    Destresation- 8x Aran
    [05-06, 19:18] Tesiqurasa: jitenp is hot <----took you long enough

I swore we gone through this in the chat box. Press a key like PrtSc or something. After, you go to MS paint in your windows documents and paste the picture there. You'll then see your screenshot, save the file. Then go to tinypic.com or some other image hosting sites and then upload it. And there will be link, copy and then paste it to here for example
    Last edited by kaglover1; 14th February 2011 at 12:07 PM.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Kag's wording was a bit confusing regarding paint.

There are two ways to get screenshots. Maple has one built in with the "Scroll Lock" key. Press that, and a screen shot will appear in your Maplestory folder. I think the default is usually Computer>C>Nexon>Maplestory, but you can change it to save to your desktop. That's done in game in the "System Options" tab. It will automatically be saved as a jpg, which isn't the greatest quality, but it usually gets the job done for Maple stuff.

The other way is what Kag mentioned. Press Print Screen (PrtScn), then open up Microsoft Paint and Ctrl+V (paste). Adjust the boarder to make sure no white edges surround the SS, then save it. Clifford will kill you if it's not in .png, so for quality's (and Fail's) sake, save it as a png.

Upload that file to the link Jon provided, then copy the [ IMG ] code to make it appear as an actual image in your post. If you just want a link to the image, copy the direct link (you can also place this in [ IMG ] brackets with the "Insert Image" tool.

Spoiler!

You're completely hopeless so I made a little guide for completely hopeless people like you.

1. Open MapleStory, go to "System Settings"

Spoiler!

2. Select "Desktop" under this drop-down menu.

Spoiler!

3. Press the Scroll button on the top right of your keyboard. A keyboard looks like this:

Spoiler!

4. Now the image is on your Desktop. Now go to imgur.com and click on the button that says "Computer".

Spoiler!

5. Find the image that appeared on your Desktop.

Spoiler!

6. Click Upload, it will then give you a page with a bunch of links. Copy the one I circled. When posting click on the image icon and paste the image link you copied there.

Spoiler!

Jr. Necki

If you need to share screenshots, images, or some other files, you can use the fastupload service and share download links with other people. But if you need to paste the screenshot there, you can do the same, but copy the link and then paste it here, and I'm pretty sure everything will work. Good luck!

Thank you for this! This really help me a lot. Btw, I'm here staying and playing at crested butte house rentals. The place so relaxing and comfy.

Thanks so much for the instruction and pictures. They are fab! But the thing it that I use Mac and can't use this. Can you do the same for Mac?

Why should he do something, that has already been done? You will always have a chance to learn using Paint for Mac , if you read a good manual. For example, you can use setapp.com that I am using myself. Or you can just google. But why making a person write an individual tutorial for you? That's unfair, I must say.