Thread: Couple of questions on maker, and general game mechanics

Icon7 Couple of questions on maker, and general game mechanics

I've read a couple guides on maker and I get most of it, but a couple things I was wondering:

1. do items produced with maker have a chance of coming with hidden potential, like items dropped by monsters / rewarded from quests?

2. when you use a black/dark crystal, can it subtract from a stat the base item doesn't already have? like could you end up with a weapon (that normally doesn't have dex on it) give negative dex?

3. when using a black/dark, does it randomly add or subtract from only one of the possible stats it can affect, or can it affect more than one (ex if i used a black crystal while making armor could it end up with +1 luk and -1 dex, or is it limited to affecting just one stat?)

some general questions:

1. are there any consumable items (that you can buy from a vendor or 'farm', i.e. something you could obtain/use on a regular basis) that give DEF, better than 'pain reliever' from omega sector (or worse than pain reliever but will stack with it).

for most monsters past mp3 i take quite a beating (hermit), and while i'm able to survive just fine with drain or emergency potions, it's kind of a pain the ass to have to watch my healthbar like a hawk, since most things will kill me in 4-6 hits, and there's no avoiding getting hit most of the time, with monsters respawning on top of you

2. scrolls for DEF are pretty worthless right? they give so little DEF it seems like a waste of an upgrade slot

3. i've noticed that when assigning AP there's green 'add' arrows next to HP and MP. can you raise them with AP? how much hp does a point of AP give if you can? i'm guessing it's not worth it, but i've been too afraid to waste an AP point to check

4. how exactly does your DEF affect how much damage you take? is there a formula?

5. same thing for avoidance. and accuracy. I've heard that for each level below a monster you are, you have a 5% miss chance. does the accuracy stat combat this? it kinda seems like accuracy is worthless, because i always miss anything i'm even 1 level below, and never miss anything equal to my level.

6. probably what i'm most curious about:
    Is there a page / site / calculator somewhere that explains all (or at least most) of the formulas/mechanics in this game?
    like how much LUK adds to my damage, or how much ATK? or how avoidance/accuracy work? I guess i'm a bit spoiled by other games like WoW where when you hover over a stat it gives you a detailed explanation "Derp raises your damage and accuracy. You have ___# Derp which increases your damage by ___# and your accuracy by __%". I like being able to more specifically compare gear and that kind of thing.
    Last edited by Aquilae; 19th February 2011 at 12:58 PM.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aquilae View Post
    I've read a couple guides on maker and I get most of it, but a couple things I was wondering:

1. do items produced with maker have a chance of coming with hidden potential, like items dropped by monsters / rewarded from quests?

Out of the several dozen items I have makered, I have never gotten one. I've also never heard of it being possible, so I'm pretty confident with "no".

2. when you use a black/dark crystal, can it subtract from a stat the base item doesn't already have? like could you end up with a weapon (that normally doesn't have dex on it) give negative dex?
    No, it can't be negative

3. when using a black/dark, does it randomly add or subtract from only one of the possible stats it can affect, or can it affect more than one (ex if i used a black crystal while making armor could it end up with +1 luk and -1 dex, or is it limited to affecting just one stat?)
    It works kinda like a chaos scroll. It will alter each stat independently.
    some general questions:

1. are there any consumable items (that you can buy from a vendor or 'farm', i.e. something you could obtain/use on a regular basis) that give DEF, better than 'pain reliever' from omega sector (or worse than pain reliever but will stack with it).
    Nothing like that comes from a vendor, but you can get stuff that gives +att, avoid, acc, speed, magic attack, etc. There are some things from gacha that give a serious amount of def, but in general, defense doesn't matter.

for most monsters past mp3 i take quite a beating (hermit), and while i'm able to survive just fine with drain or emergency potions, it's kind of a pain the ass to have to watch my healthbar like a hawk, since most things will kill me in 4-6 hits, and there's no avoiding getting hit most of the time, with monsters respawning on top of you

2. scrolls for DEF are pretty worthless right? they give so little DEF it seems like a waste of an upgrade slot
    Def itself is useless. I have almost 4k magic defense on my mage and hardly notice a difference in my magic damage taken. It is there in massive quantities, but you need an insane amount before you actually start seeing any real changes.

3. i've noticed that when assigning AP there's green 'add' arrows next to HP and MP. can you raise them with AP? how much hp does a point of AP give if you can? i'm guessing it's not worth it, but i've been too afraid to waste an AP point to check
    On a hermit, I think it gives about 20 hp (but correct me if I'm wrong). You're right; it's not useful at all unless you have the money to wash.

4. how exactly does your DEF affect how much damage you take? is there a formula?
    I've been told the formula several times, but I can't remember it. I know OmarxRanger knows it though. The long story is that defense is useless until you get massive quantities of it.

5. same thing for avoidance. and accuracy. I've heard that for each level below a monster you are, you have a 5% miss chance. does the accuracy stat combat this? it kinda seems like accuracy is worthless, because i always miss anything i'm even 1 level below, and never miss anything equal to my level.
    The most total accuracy you'll ever need is around 350 ish (for pink bean, I think), but every class will have that without even trying. For all realistic purposes, accuracy is useless.

6. probably what i'm most curious about:
    Is there a page / site / calculator somewhere that explains all (or at least most) of the formulas/mechanics in this game?
    like how much LUK adds to my damage, or how much ATK? or how avoidance/accuracy work? I guess i'm a bit spoiled by other games like WoW where when you hover over a stat it gives you a detailed explanation "Derp raises your damage and accuracy. You have ___# Derp which increases your damage by ___# and your accuracy by __%". I like being able to more specifically compare gear and that kind of thing.

Unless it was changed, the L7/TT formula includes only luk and weapon attack.
    Max (per star) : Lucky Seven = [((5.0*LUK)/100)*(Weapon Attack)*Damage Percentage]
    Min (per star) : Lucky Seven = [((2.5*LUK)/100)*Weapon Attack)*Damage Percentage]
    Answers in sexy teal

Spoiler!

thanks for the answers. although for the last question, what i'm mostly interested is looking at formulas for stats in general. like how much int = 1 matk and that sort of thing. not just for a specific skill but the game in general.

also,
    that at some point most probably the maker skill will be canceled (they canceled it in KMS)
    http://spadow.wordpress.com/2010/12/...nological-age/

Quote Originally Posted by Aquilae View Post
    thanks for the answers. although for the last question, what i'm mostly interested is looking at formulas for stats in general. like how much int = 1 matk and that sort of thing. not just for a specific skill but the game in general.
    http://www.southperry.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9037

How much int = 1 matk will change with how much int and matk you already have, and the same for other classes and watk. You can get a feel for it if you plug in numbers to the damage formulas.
    Spoiler!