Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [Battle Mage] Unfunded Battle Mage Guide!

Quote Originally Posted by Aberrence View Post
    All this said, I strongly suggest you take another look into this skill. It is highly beneficial to your training regime when used correctly and very powerful for bossing.
    I shall look, probably going to macro it with quint blow.
    udging from the level you have posted here, I can assume you're still training at either Twisted Jesters, Ariant, or if you've figured it out yet, the sexy experience that is Iron Mutae. That said, I understand why you may think this. Generally at those levels, as long as your equips are decent a dark chain + blow skill will kill off sandrats/scorpions. A teleport mastery will finish them off otherwise. However, as you get into higher levels, advanced dark chain might be scoring 25K hits max. Just as an example, we'll take the Captain monster into account, since it is such a wonderful training spot.

Let's preface by noting that a Captain has 75K HP.

At level 105 you might be hitting 25K max with advanced dark chain and a critical hit. That'll leave 50K HP left for the captain. Your blow skill might do between 20K-35K. If you hit 20K with it, this still leaves an additional 30K HP left to take out. A second blow skill could possibly do it, but The Finisher, as I said previously, will come out faster and consistently do higher damage than the blow skill. The Finisher also has less lag -after- the Blow is used allowing you to telecast through or away from the Captain more quickly, allowing for higher training efficiency. Adv Dark Chain has a HUGE lag time after the skill is used before telecasting. Mobility is key for a BaM.
    Yes Iron mutaes are very good exp, but know that I'm level 85, I am moving onto Roids :P

BuckshotEye-8x Cannoneer
    Destresation- 8x Aran
    [05-06, 19:18] Tesiqurasa: jitenp is hot <----took you long enough

I found macroing it with quint blow didn't work for me xD But if you can get that to work then you let me know, lol.

Roids at 85, yeah. I think I waited a little longer since Iron Mutae drop some gloves and shoes for you and I was looking for 3% int level 80 or 90 stuff at that point. Roids are certainly good exp though.

Hopefully Sunday night I can get back to finishing this up to 4th job since my thermo and mechanics of materials tests are over : ). 97 on the Thermo test! : D

Quote Originally Posted by Aberrence View Post
    I found macroing it with quint blow didn't work for me xD But if you can get that to work then you let me know, lol.

Roids at 85, yeah. I think I waited a little longer since Iron Mutae drop some gloves and shoes for you and I was looking for 3% int level 80 or 90 stuff at that point. Roids are certainly good exp though.

Hopefully Sunday night I can get back to finishing this up to 4th job since my thermo and mechanics of materials tests are over : ). 97 on the Thermo test! : D
    1. Grats on your Thermo test.
    2. Im currently training at Mithril Mutaes because they drop Kages :P
    3. I already have gloves and shoes for level 90 :P

BuckshotEye-8x Cannoneer
    Destresation- 8x Aran

Those Rowdy Puppets are nice in the 60-70 training suggestions. Although, they don't drop anything (not even mesos), so I wouldn't recommend it for people low on money. Loving the guide so far, keep it up :)

For the third job, everything gets maxed but Reaper, which is left at 7

BuckshotEye-8x Cannoneer
    Destresation- 8x Aran

So close, Reaper is left at 13 with everything else maxed.

Don't worry, I've been training to make sure I can give an updated guide. With LHC coming out and everything I didn't want to write a guide on levels I haven't done yet. Now that I'm at 120 it'll be easier for me to write up through 120.

Icon3 Awesome

Thanks dude! i'm a bit short on mesos (thats why im on ur guide) so could someone donate some mesos plz?

First, I just wanted to say great blog! It's helped me get to level 41 in a hurry. But one thing you messed up is the mp pots. The mana elixirs are much better than the sorcerer elixirs from about 1500 mp to 3500 or even 4000 mp. They cost 186 mesos and heal 390 mp assuming pot mastery is max, or about a 2.1 MP/meso ratio. Sorcerer elixirs cost 1500 mesos and heal 1950 mp (again assuming pot mastery is maxed), or a 1.3 mp/meso ratio. I also lasted on dropped blue pots until just now (at level 41 when I ran out b/c of Subani's 2nd quest) by being diligent. Same thing with red pots until level 30-35ish when I switched over to orange while stockpiling almost 600 white pots from drops. Sorry if something is off, it's my first time making a suggestion/correction for a guide. hope it helped. :)

Quote Originally Posted by g.singh2793 View Post
    First, I just wanted to say great blog! It's helped me get to level 41 in a hurry. But one thing you messed up is the mp pots. The mana elixirs are much better than the sorcerer elixirs from about 1500 mp to 3500 or even 4000 mp. They cost 186 mesos and heal 390 mp assuming pot mastery is max, or about a 2.1 MP/meso ratio. Sorcerer elixirs cost 1500 mesos and heal 1950 mp (again assuming pot mastery is maxed), or a 1.3 mp/meso ratio. I also lasted on dropped blue pots until just now (at level 41 when I ran out b/c of Subani's 2nd quest) by being diligent. Same thing with red pots until level 30-35ish when I switched over to orange while stockpiling almost 600 white pots from drops. Sorry if something is off, it's my first time making a suggestion/correction for a guide. hope it helped. :)
    Are you sure about the bolded part? I was under the impression that Sorcerer elixirs were far superior to Mana Elixirs since NLC first came out.

I wasn't sure at first so I went to NLC and checked the price of the mana elixirs before I left to check if the numbers were correct and they were. So I decided to check my calculations on the calculator and it was right, so I'm almost 100% sure. I'm just not sure about suggesting using the red and blue pots for that long because not everyone might be watching their HP and MP as closely as I did. But I do agree that at some point, maybe around 3000- 4000 MP, that sorcerer elixirs will become more practical.
    Last edited by g.singh2793; 19th March 2011 at 07:33 PM.