Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [Battle Mage] Unfunded Battle Mage Guide!

Quote Originally Posted by g.singh2793 View Post
    First, I just wanted to say great blog! It's helped me get to level 41 in a hurry. But one thing you messed up is the mp pots. The mana elixirs are much better than the sorcerer elixirs from about 1500 mp to 3500 or even 4000 mp. They cost 186 mesos and heal 390 mp assuming pot mastery is max, or about a 2.1 MP/meso ratio. Sorcerer elixirs cost 1500 mesos and heal 1950 mp (again assuming pot mastery is maxed), or a 1.3 mp/meso ratio. I also lasted on dropped blue pots until just now (at level 41 when I ran out b/c of Subani's 2nd quest) by being diligent. Same thing with red pots until level 30-35ish when I switched over to orange while stockpiling almost 600 white pots from drops. Sorry if something is off, it's my first time making a suggestion/correction for a guide. hope it helped. :)
    Im with DIPSHI. I have a BaM and after your hp/mp reaches 4000 u must switch to barbarians for hp/ soreceries for mp. After the mana reaches about 6k+ its wise, but not a must, that you switch to mana bulls. Im at 103 and still using sorcery elixirs >.< But planning to switch soon

BuckshotEye-8x Cannoneer
    Destresation- 8x Aran
    [05-06, 19:18] Tesiqurasa: jitenp is hot <----took you long enough

I suppose at that point it's a personal preference. I know that I hate having to press my pot button more than once or twice to fill my MP bar, so I switched early. The amount of time and space I saved was worth the meso.

Although I remember sorceror elixers being superior as well. I'll look into it, thanks for raising the point.

I see what happened. Pots got cheaper with Big Bang. The database needs to change that now. In that case yes, Mana Elixirs are more cost effective than Sorcerer Elixirs. But remember that you need to have enough room to hold all the pots you plan on burning through.

Quote Originally Posted by DlPSHl7 View Post
    I see what happened. Pots got cheaper with Big Bang. The database needs to change that now. In that case yes, Mana Elixirs are more cost effective than Sorcerer Elixirs. But remember that you need to have enough room to hold all the pots you plan on burning through.
    Yea cause 5 Mana elixirs= 1 sorcery elixir so you'll need 5x the amount of space

BuckshotEye-8x Cannoneer
    Destresation- 8x Aran

Quote Originally Posted by jitenp View Post
    Yea cause 5 Mana elixirs= 1 sorcery elixir so you'll need 5x the amount of space
    More than 5x the space.

Say you had 2800 Mana elixirs somehow; 28 slots. To replace that you'd need 560 Sorcerer elixirs; 4 slots. 7 times more space needed for Mana Elixirs.
    Remember, you can hold 150 Sorcerer Elixirs in a slot.

Not sure if you guys already know this, but when going to and from the Black Wing Hideout (I like to do all the quests in Edelstein) with the Black Wing Taxi, you only pay 3k instead of 10k if you're wearing your Black Wing Hat.

Also, loving the guide so far! Just got to 90 yesterday. I'm gonna try AF Androids till around 98 then see how the Ninto map is for a a Pyogo Mushroom.

Get yourself a nice Blue Marine, trust me. Wont cost too much, probably

BuckshotEye-8x Cannoneer
    Destresation- 8x Aran

Quote Originally Posted by jitenp View Post
    Get yourself a nice Blue Marine, trust me. Wont cost too much, probably
    I don't know. My 120 M.ATT Kage with +3% int serves me rather well.

Also, I've finished this up! Now I just need to do general editing! Everybody let me know how it looks! I know there's a lot of formatting issues but man, this has taken a while to finish. Especially since I backspaced once and deleted everything I had worked on.

Let me know what you all think : )

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

I personally wouldn't bother with lvl 3 MW so early, especially since almost all 114+ training is LHC, and you'll usually have a MWer in the party. Bring it to lvl 5 to pass the Mw20 book if you find it cheap, or don't upgrade it at all. Also, the speed on Elemental Staves is will worthwhile for BaMs.

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Aberrence View Post
    I don't know. My 120 M.ATT Kage with +3% int serves me rather well.

Also, I've finished this up! Now I just need to do general editing! Everybody let me know how it looks! I know there's a lot of formatting issues but man, this has taken a while to finish. Especially since I backspaced once and deleted everything I had worked on.

Let me know what you all think : )
    Not bad staff :P im saying if u want to find a cheap staff, Blue Marine is good for higher levels

BuckshotEye-8x Cannoneer
    Destresation- 8x Aran