Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Comprehensive guide to training locations [ALL CLASSES]

IIRC, Sand Rats are level 77; at level 70 you'd have a 35% miss rate which would be absolute balls. Maybe 75~80 they would be okay. Again, this is a guide for ALL classes, not just Mechanics.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

One thing I'd suggest adding to the OP, under the section where you're dividing up the classes, is what exactly entails a 'multi-hit' class, and how it benefits certain areas.

I'm pretty sure it's refering to moves like Double shot or to refer to more useful moves, the BaM's triple / quad etc blows, where instead of one large hit it's 3-4 smaller ones. However I'm not too sure why this allows one to train earlier at certain places as while you do get attacks through mroe often, your'e still missing about the same % as a big hit class would? Does it have something to to with knocking back / interrupting the monsters?

(Pardon my noobishness)

Multi-hitting means that instead of having 1 chance at hitting a monster, you have multiple chances. So if your regular attacks hit twice, you have double the chance to hit a monster that you'd normally miss on 50% of the time.
    In my examples, I generally say ~25% miss probability is acceptable for classes that attack multiple times. This means classes that attack more than twice (Ie, Triple Stab, Quad Blow, Savage Blow, etc). However, because very few classes fall in this category, I didn't add it as an actual class "section".
    Generally, multi-hit classes will know that they're multi-hit classes.

Also, you might be missing more often, but better to miss 1-2 small attacks than miss 1 big attack; there's a big difference from when you normally 2-3 hit with big hits and 2-3 hit with small hits; you'll find you do more damage on average with the multiple-small-hitting class on higher miss rates.

tl;dr - Multi-hitting classes are few, so don't have their own section. Multi-hitting classes generally have higher overall/average damage on monsters that are a higher level than you.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Quote Originally Posted by emailbox View Post
    However, because very few classes fall in this category, I didn't add it as an actual class "section".
    Generally, multi-hit classes will know that they're multi-hit classes.

tl;dr - Multi-hitting classes are few, so don't have their own section. Multi-hitting classes generally have higher overall/average damage on monsters that are a higher level than you.
    -Bandits
    -I/L 2nd job
    -Assassins
    -Archers
    -Gunslingers occasionally
    -Dual Bladers (all they are is multi hits)
    -Aran's should be considered a multi hit class, since while one button press is one attack, you attack 3 times effectively most of the time.
    -Battle Mages

They're not that few. But at most they would require an extra 2-3 lines of text stating what you said earlier. Not a huge deal.

I request this be stickied.

Nowhere near completion. Haven't even started 4th job places, though I'll probably do that a little later this week. My cousin is moving back to Korea after 6 months of studying English here so I think we're going out for dinner today.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

I think that MP3 is great for any class (especially mobbers) until 110. Then you could go to pirates to 120. At least that's what I'm doing for my Priest.
    HeaIMe4Free - 9x Priest in Windia.
    Member of the HIDDENSTREET Guild in Windia!

Would Herb Town be good from 90-100? Because of Ginseng Jars, Bellflower Roots, and Mr. Alli. And then you can go to Captains directly

BuckshotEye-8x Cannoneer
    Destresation- 8x Aran
    [05-06, 19:18] Tesiqurasa: jitenp is hot <----took you long enough

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jitenp View Post
    Would Herb Town be good from 90-100? Because of Ginseng Jars, Bellflower Roots, and Mr. Alli. And then you can go to Captains directly
    90-100 is probably to big of a range to justify staying there for captains later. Head to Magatia, Mp3, or gallos during those levels.

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    90-100 is probably to big of a range to justify staying there for captains later. Head to Magatia, Mp3, or gallos during those levels.
    Well I am already 94. But I guess I could go to gallos. it4l told me they are not too crowded anymore

BuckshotEye-8x Cannoneer
    Destresation- 8x Aran
    [05-06, 19:18] Tesiqurasa: jitenp is hot <----took you long enough