Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Comprehensive guide to training locations [ALL CLASSES]

Default Comprehensive guide to training locations [ALL CLASSES]

I find a lot of people are confused of "WHERE2TRAIN" after the Big Bang Patch, so I'll just put some ideas down here. Firstly I want to split up/categorize character classes, then the training guide will begin.

This is NOT in the guide section as it's not exactly a guide. I'm hoping it will be a thread where we can get a wide variety of training spots on the list.
    Disclaimer: You may not copy this guide without permission, yadda yadda yadda. Signed, emailbox, HiddenStreet forums.

Character Classes
    Each Job Class can fit into one or more of the following types:
    1. Mobbing
    This class focuses on mobbing, obviously. This means that they have skills that can hit MORE than 3 monsters at once. Generally, a mobbing class will have an attack that can hit 6 or more monsters.
    The following list is comprised of classes that primarily use (6+) mobbing to level up or train.
    Spoiler!

2. 1~3 Target
    The classes in this section are classes that primarily utilize skills that only target ~3 monsters to train. This is called small mobbing, in that they can only kill small amounts of mobs at once. Single Target using classes are in here as well.
    Spoiler!

3. Mobility
    This class focuses on movement during training/battle. This means that the skill will force the character to move in a direction. This does NOT include speed buffing skills (Wild Hunter exception), as items can cause any class to hit 140% speed. Classes in these categories have specific skills made for mobility. Skills used for mobility will be listed.
    Spoiler!

Training Locations
    How this works:
    Spoiler!

Note that most of the initial maps will be solo-only maps with very few exceptions.
    1st Job
    Spoiler!

2nd Job
    Spoiler!

3rd Job
    Spoiler!

4th Job
    Spoiler!

Contributors:
    Spoiler!

Work in progress.
    Feel free to reply with training spots, using the same format I have used. Comments are welcome.
    Last edited by emailbox; 18th January 2012 at 01:19 AM.

Thunder God

I have to know where you took this guide from. It clearly has the same wording and format as a guide i have seen several times before.

Roids not populated? So untrue. DGPs generally unpopulated? Completely false. It's always full. Maybe these are true for low population servers, but not the big ones.

Your comment about BaMs at GPs - BaMs train there because you can clean out the whole platform in 2-3 hits. The mobbing of 5x Blow with the occasional dark lightning and some Chains is very, very fast. No other class can out kill a BaM on GPs or DGPs. (I do mean NO other class.)

I have several additions, but I don't want to bother formatting them. Maybe another day.

Yes, I can finally stop training at jesters! And sage cats? Yessss. Thanks for putting this up.

if u dont want to spend hours looking for an empty jester channel- i recommend going to araint. the monsters there give great exp too

BuckshotEye-8x Cannoneer
    Destresation- 8x Aran
    [05-06, 19:18] Tesiqurasa: jitenp is hot <----took you long enough

Quote Originally Posted by Thorr View Post
    I have to know where you took this guide from. It clearly has the same wording and format as a guide i have seen several times before.

Roids not populated? So untrue. DGPs generally unpopulated? Completely false. It's always full. Maybe these are true for low population servers, but not the big ones.

Your comment about BaMs at GPs - BaMs train there because you can clean out the whole platform in 2-3 hits. The mobbing of 5x Blow with the occasional dark lightning and some Chains is very, very fast. No other class can out kill a BaM on GPs or DGPs. (I do mean NO other class.)

I have several additions, but I don't want to bother formatting them. Maybe another day.
    Well I'm not sure what guide you've read, but I can guarantee this is 100% original, took half my morning writing it. Please think about who you're talking to before you start accusing people of plagiarism. I've written around 3-4 full guides, some less accurate than others, etc. My guides initially are based on my own experiences and knowledge, and obviously that's not 100% complete, which is why I am always open to suggestions/discussion about any aspects that might conflict.

Also, duly noted on the training spots, I will correct the errors.
    Last edited by emailbox; 22nd February 2011 at 02:51 AM.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thorr View Post

You have to think in comparison to other places. Obviously, Jesters will be incredibly crowded at all times during the day. Other areas like Roids are still very crowded, but not nearly to the point of the "ideal" training spots. Each server will have its own comparisons as well. Something like Scania, Bera, or Windia will be full in nearly all good early spots. Small servers like Demethos, Yellonde, Mardia, and Kradia will still be relatively full for some places (like Jesters), but will have empty chs at mediocre places like Roids. Also, I would argue that a well equipped Dual Blader would give a BaM a run at dgp.

Possible solution:
    As you add areas to the guide (I suggest Drakes during 5x), perhaps expand the symbol colors further. Perhaps make two distinctions of "semi-crowded, semi-empty".

Spoiler!

Yes I was thinking of Drakes as well, but every time I've been there I've always been put off by how big the maps are and how slow the spawn is in general. I would not recommend it to anyone above other places that are available.

e; also, I don't mind if you don't format training locations, I can do that myself. I'm just saying it would be nice if you could do it. Otherwise, just a general paragraph on what the exp is like, how populated it is, how the pot burn is, etc as well as some other comments would be alright as well. Obviously credits will be given.
    Last edited by emailbox; 22nd February 2011 at 03:05 AM.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Here's some. If they aren't accurate, modify as you like.

Trojans 55~59
    Notable for the large "LOVE" block letters in the map. Located in cloud terrace 5 in ludibrium, which means you enter the clocktower and go all the way left. Great spawn. Mobs move pretty quickly. Mobility is good (you can navigate between spawn areas using the blocks) As for potions, should not be a heavy pot burn. Not crowded.

Robos 59~64
    Okay spawn. Located deeper into clocktower. You have the freedom to choose from a lot of different maps. Not crowded. Start with blue robos, then move on to red when the EXP starts to get slow. Mobs accumulate on platforms, and they move slowly. Pot burn is a little heavy.

Jesters 65~85
    Fantastic experience - which means everyone trains there. Extremely good party training. Spawn is great, large map. People can't teleport to you while you're in the chimney area, however, and every time you change channel you're moved back to the main chimney. Main problem is finding a channel with people you can party with or an open area in the map. A lot of KSing too - focus on a certain mob area. High potion use.
    Last edited by Lunasaku; 22nd February 2011 at 03:30 AM.

Just a reminder: Once you reach an appropriate level, Golden Temple is a great place to train for the next month or so! The monsters have an extremely high EXP:HP:level ratio, which means that they're generally easier to kill and give more EXP than most monsters their level.
    Even that 30 minutes a day you get for free is excellent training. Around level 40 I've averaged 2-3 levels in half an hour at the Blue Goblins, though I'm not quite sure of the EXP rate at other places.

I'm not adding these monsters to the opening post because they're only temporary (the maps are gone as of the end of March, probably until next year), but that doesn't mean you can't access them now.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Theres another daily quest that makes it so you can get 10 fragments of tickets to in for another 30min, and the fragments drop from everything (i got 10 in around 15min at scarecrows)