Thread: Advertising/Bots

Default Advertising/Bots

Perhaps you could simply implement an amount of posts required before being able to link a URL
    A small amount (>10) would help contain the ads and less people (if any do it at all) would click on those ads.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    I was conceived around 4-5am.

Erm we do have that.... at least we used to.

Doesnt stop em from putting the url in, just makes it non clickable....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Why Daos should never ever go away:
    Spoiler!

That is already in effect Jon. We'll just keep adding anti-spam modules until one works.

I think it should apply to signatures as well. Most of the advertising bots just throw a link in their siggy and post completely random things.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

o, I didn't know you couldn't click the URL until "x" posts. Never tried to click it I guess.
    I know of a plug in that forces someone with >x post who makes a thread with a link be "moderated" so none members couldn't see it.
    I'm not sure if it works for individual posts though, I'll ask the admin of the forum it's on
    Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    I was conceived around 4-5am.

Quote Originally Posted by ithrow4luk View Post
    o, I didn't know you couldn't click the URL until "x" posts. Never tried to click it I guess.
    I know of a plug in that forces someone with >x post who makes a thread with a link be "moderated" so none members couldn't see it.
    I'm not sure if it works for individual posts though, I'll ask the admin of the forum it's on
    We used to have that implemented until is started moderating perfectly normal posts by regular users.

Just simply report the post(s) that you have problems with and move on. Don't need to post a reply to the bot or whatever. Or, just leave it for one of the mods/admins to pick it up.