Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: Nation States

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

I have great civil rights and political freedoms, but my economy... Well, there isn't one. Public sector is 100%.

Bulma Briefs's upcoming hosting of a major international beauty pageant has upset some citizens concerned about the message it puts across.
    The Debate

1. "These beauty pageants are a disgrace to women everywhere!" shouts feminist campaigner, Miranda Fellow. "They objectify the female body and re-enforce negative stereotyping! They celebrate the appearance instead of the personality! What message is this sending out to our children? Do we want them to think shallowness and vanity are virtues? Ban beauty contests! We must focus the education of our progeny on ethics and equality or suffer the consequences!"
    2. "I agree that the pageants should be banned," pontificates renowned moralist, the Ever So Slightly Reverend Roger Spirit. "But purely in the name of moral decency! All those fashion stores that sponsor these contests make lots of money from this blasphemy and that is just plain wrong! These women wear revealing clothing that seek to entice and seduce young men. As such, we should go a step further, and institute a dress code! Long, plaid skirts for the girls, with necklines that never drop below the base of the neck! Only then will the women of our nation be cleansed of sin!"
    3. "What in the name of all that's decent and good are you talking about?" exclaims Hack McGuffin, leader of the egalitarian civil rights movement 'Everyone Is Equal, Dammit'. "Obviously these pageants will always be sexist unless they're open to everyone. Admiring women only for their beauty is an insult to their intelligence and the beauty of men! It's dually sexist! Open up the pageant to both sexes!"

This is the position your government is preparing to adopt.
    4. "Agh, no, no boys please, let's just host the pageant as is, alright?" implores Catherine Gratwick, one of Bulma Briefs's most celebrated models. "No matter what you people think, appearance is important! Mine allows me to pay for all the dresses I want! So no, I don't think there's anything wrong with telling kids that you can make money from being pretty. In fact, I think beauty contests should be held at schools every year!"
    "He's beauty and he's grace, he's Miss United States..." lol

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

We're down to 19 members and apparently the ranking system doesn't round up. New ranks can't be more than top 10% of HS anymore =(

Spoiler!

Too cool for bot zapping Clockwork's Avatar

Why is everyone leaving? Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

My economy went down and I didn't want to play anymore.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

As cemeteries across Bulma Briefs are beginning to reach their full capacities, citizens are demanding that the government step in to rectify the situation before the bodies start to pile up.
    The Debate

1. "The expansion of cemeteries must end if the remaining government land is to benefit the economy," says the Minister of Death, Roxanne Spirit. "What I propose is that we declare all graves over, say, ten years old, as vacant. And then dump a new corpse in it. Hey, nobody objects to sharing a university dormitory with another person, why should they object to sharing their grave?"
    2. "Burial plots are so expensive these days, few people are opting for them anyway," says Retirement Home owner, Dave Johnson. "Let's just go for that final push and make cremation compulsory. Some people may not be happy with it, but when you get right down to it, it's only setting fire to their loved ones against their will - you must agree that that's less important than expanding suburban development."
    3. "This is horrendous," says Elizabeth Frederickson, whose partner recently passed away. "Whatever happened to choice? When my Henry died, he was promised an eternal resting place; a place where his name would stand and he would be remembered. Having it disturbed by 'newcomers' or enforcing cremation is a slur against him and the rest of Bulma Briefs's deceased citizens! If you have any compassion in your soul, then you'll acknowledge a grave as being a sacrosanct area. The dead must be allowed to rest in peace."
    4. "Burying and cremating the dead is such a waste..." says Max du Pont, head of the Research Department at the McRonald's chain of fast-food restaurants. "They should be recycled for the benefit of the nation! We'll pay the families a little something for their loss, then mince up the bodies and put them in our burgers! I can't see any downsides, can you? It'd save space, recompensate the grieving, and supply everyone with a tasty snack!"

This is the position your government is preparing to adopt.
    Best. Poll. Ever.

OMG so much success

Jo Co was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "Anarchy".
    Literally started giggling. So much success.

Anyone else still alive?

Can't seem to get my economy to frightening.