Thread: Fraps not actually taking screenshots when I want to

Banned

Default Fraps not actually taking screenshots when I want to

So apparently, fraps isn't saving any screenshots that I want it to save. Although the FPS counter flashes black and white whenever i press the SS button/key/bindings/map/whatever, the screenshot isn't saved at all.

I'm not sure what's going on with fraps. I would like to point out though, after upgrading fraps to a newer version, i've been getting a lot more problems despite the older version having compatibility issues.

You gotta run FRAPS in administrative mode making sure that the save folder is not set to Read-Only.

If what NOS says doesn't help you out get a newer version if applicable, or slightly downgrade to a previous build.
    Last edited by Rook; 9th March 2011 at 05:12 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by F50 NOS View Post
    You gotta run FRAPS in administrative mode making sure that the save folder is not set to Read-Only.
    Not sure what that means.... I've never had a problem with it especially when it starts at bootup

Quote Originally Posted by Rook View Post
    If what NOS says doesn't help you out get a newer version if applicable, or slightly downgrade to a previous build.
    I'll see if an older version works.

The latest version of FRAPS (3.3.1) requires administrator rights to run. So right-click the FRAPS shortcut, click on "Properties", click on the "Compatibility" tab and check the box in the "Privilege Level" section that says "Run this program as an administrator". Then launch FRAPS by double-clicking it and see if that helps.

If that doesn't work, then try changing your picture save location.

Banned

that's odd. My fraps version was 3.0x :\