Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cygnus Knights in End Game

Icon2 Cygnus Knights in End Game

I know the answer is here somewhere, but could someone answer this. If they are capped at 120, how effective are they at end game bosses etc.?

I'm not talking UA's or UE's, but the CK classes.

Thanks

They're unable to participate in most serious bosses. The reason is that most bosses are level 130+, and therefore CKs would miss a good chunk of the time.
    They're also very weak compared to any adventurer past level 135 or so (when their total AP catch up to each other), and so they don't make very good bossers at all.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

They're mainly for fast leveling hype value. Personally, I don't think it matters, though, as I routinely get stuck around level 50, unless the support skills are good enough that I can stop spending on pots. This USED to be the case with the cleric, but post BB, pots are an issue up to 4th job.

Quote Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
    They're mainly for fast leveling hype value. Personally, I don't think it matters, though, as I routinely get stuck around level 50, unless the support skills are good enough that I can stop spending on pots. This USED to be the case with the cleric, but post BB, pots are an issue up to 4th job.
    Cygnus are said to be 'fast' but in reality they're exactly the same as other classes in leveling... except Cygnus get a much earlier cap. 1 ~ 100 is a joke now and anyone who struggles to get there should most definitely quit =) Potion costs are also redundant as you will be using the ones from the floor till at least 70... Potion costs are very minimum in the grand scale of things and bulking up on potions only takes 1mil in mesos (Easily obtainable).
    Spoiler!

My art blog

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Other than blessing, KoC serve no real purpose. The only class that could be considered SIGNIFICANTLY faster is Dawn Warrior.

Spoiler!

Echo mule on a casual boss run. Aww yeah.

KoC can serve a purpose. They just have to be the last available good option, I'd rather have a DW with me at zakum that's capped and can echo than a full dex assassin throwing icies.

I'm pretty sure they can hold their own at scarlion too, But for real real bosses like Horntail and the like they'll never be able to hit them due to level cap.
    Last edited by White Mage Abyss; 10th March 2011 at 07:08 AM.

aren't the point of KoC be to create a advanced explorer, or whatever it is called?

Goals: 45 [X] 50 [X] 60 [X] Crusader [ ] Solo Mushmom [ ] Solo Zombie Mushmom [ ] Solo Mushdad [ ] Make new sets of goals [ ]

Quote Originally Posted by BladeStorm View Post
    aren't the point of KoC be to create a advanced explorer, or whatever it is called?
    Not originally when they came out, now. Now, yes. I also like to think of them as bite sized class previews, and I always recommend the KoC version of whatever my friends want to play when they join up the first time, Not only will it be easier for them, but it will also benefit them if they choose to really play.

Quote Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
    Maybe if you loot your kills you won't have a potion problem.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

quote a post 2 months old

bolt202/veil225/feint200