Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bullying today - Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by penguinzrock View Post
    wait so posting anti-Christian (not really atheist in theory) propaganda every waking moment on all my Christian friends' facebooks doesnt make me cool?

weird i thought it made me look p smart
    makes you look cool in my book mang
    Quote Originally Posted by BarelyAwake View Post
    This thread quickly turned into who all wants to sex up Merciless.

a dumbass baby

DAMN, that small kid got DROPPED.

I was actually bullied frequently in elementary school throughout middle school. Right around 3rd grade, I decided to take karate to defend myself against bullies when things got severely out of hand. Every once in a while I would get into a fight with a bully, and yeah. It was mostly verbal though, and it only got physical when I didn't listen to their demands.

I work for a school district now, and I hardly see bullying, and if I do here about it, it's usually passive-aggressive and in YouTube form.

Little off topic note: still practicing karate after many years and actually taking up judo and muay thai sooo... I guess I thank bullying for finding me a healthy hobby :P

Would spreading rumours behind someone's back be a type of bullying. My friend was like the enemy out of everyone and i had to defend her...

Wasn't it the little kid who had enough THEN got thrashed anyway?

In any case, this video pisses me off.
    Personally, i've experienced bullying quite a bit..
    And i guess i've done non-physical bullying in my secondary school before. In any case, i don't really know how to put it. Even with self defense arts, you can't take on several kids at once. I don't know any way to stop the bullying.
    Im not even sure whether am i making sense to myself either at the moment.

oh well.
    Holiday goals : Reach level 70 on my Dual Blader l Work on Compression and Destiny Defied l Find what i've always been looking for. l Open a new door and start anew. l Break HIM. l
    Complete - Green.
    Working on it - Purple.
    Hiatus - Red.

Hatred of you is what drives me, and i'll take solace in breaking your mind. I swear i will to whatever gods there may be, even if it's the last thing i do.

A Crusader's Guide.
    Story : Destiny Defied.
    Idea Compilation : Compression.

No the little kid has been bullying Casey (the other kid) for quite some time apparently.

--
    It's nice to see that a few people here haven't even seen bullying, that's pretty cool.

@kaglover1 - Yes, actually that kinda is. Not direct, very passive-aggressive, but yes.
    Gone with the wind

Frank needs to be my facebook friend so I can see the video. I clicked the link but didn't not find a bullying video.
    by Cryopon

I was a violent child back in elementary so I didn't get bullied until late jr. high when I calmed down. It wasn't long until I punched him in the face though.
    All in all the video's down but I'm pretty sure I know what you're talking about. Brother showed me the video and I loved it. People who get bullied piss me off to no end, it doesn't matter if the person bullying you is bigger, you have to fight back. Buckling to fear is only going to strip you of self-esteem, pride and self-respect. There are times when you walk away but there are times when you stand your ground.

Quote Originally Posted by rasudoken View Post
    Frank needs to be my facebook friend so I can see the video. I clicked the link but didn't not find a bullying video.
    Strange, I copied it from the link I got, and it went straight to it for me.
    Very strange.
    Anyways, was removed and I guess that's why. Put up a new link.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixRider View Post
    I was a violent child back in elementary so I didn't get bullied until late jr. high when I calmed down. It wasn't long until I punched him in the face though.
    All in all the video's down but I'm pretty sure I know what you're talking about. Brother showed me the video and I loved it. People who get bullied piss me off to no end, it doesn't matter if the person bullying you is bigger, you have to fight back. Buckling to fear is only going to strip you of self-esteem, pride and self-respect. There are times when you walk away but there are times when you stand your ground.
    I guess it's harder for some people to stand their ground. It's peculiar to me that we aren't taught to fight for our values, and ourselves from an early age.
    I'm sure any conversation about it would quickly devolve into School = Government, Government != Want you to fight for your values that they are keeping from you
    Gone with the wind

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

I think a problem is that many schools discourage standing up for yourself. There were several instances in my city where students did defend themselves from bullies, and the school expelled all parties. That's kinda what I mean when I'm frustrated with schools "babying" the subject.

Spoiler!

Yes it's a bit ridiculous.

For example I read that the other kid actually received NO punishment, Casey was suspended for sticking up for himself, and he may also face criminal charges.

What's even wrong with our world.
    Gone with the wind