Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bullying today - Thoughts?

I grew up in a nice suburb area, and i hung out around the good crowd with people that actually cared about school etc... not to mention i was oblivious to a lot of things going on around our school. but i wouldnt be too surprised if there was some bullying going around with the other half of the school i didn't hang out with, mainly because have our school was made up of kids outside our school district and came from ghetto schools because their schools didnt have enough room, and they brought down the school's overall GPA but reguardless were still considered one of the top highschool in CA cause were basically carrying their poor grades, but that's another issue.

I experienced a little bullying but nothing too serious. mainly an eraser thrown across the room. this was because of if you recall my old rants, the time i was put in an english class with a bunch of lets just say "undesirable students" that the school needed to dump into one class room so they wouldnt disturb multiple classes. and not to sound racist but i was the only white kid in there that the school threw in as a token piece so if anyone questioned it the school can claim that they arent being racist and can point at me being in the class room. basically i stood out in that class like a sore thumb.

How old is he to be receiving criminal charges?

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    How old is he to be receiving criminal charges?
    Not sure, a search says 16, but I don't see any source on it.
    This was in Australia apparently, I don't even know how the hell their legal system works.
    Gone with the wind

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

You can receive criminal charges pretty young, at least here.

Spoiler!

It's mainly the judge's discretion.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

The only bullying in the "modern" day is from the cool kids making fun of the normal ones in a verbal manner.
    However (based on my observations from working in an after school care center) with video games becoming the "cool" thing to do, less and less bulllying is going on, and more acceptance due to that connection with them. This is usually only true with the guys though, girls as young as 4th grade call each other *****es and **** and we can't even punish them other than telling the parents.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    I was conceived around 4-5am.

My post count is frozen. Megadeus's Avatar

I was oblivious to night everything going on socially in my elementary school(s) and high school. I paid not much attention to anyone outside my immediate circle.
    I was bullied to a degree in elementary - there was this kid a year older than me and my (then) best friend, who liked to be verbally abusive and pick on us. It wasn't anything we couldn't handle on our own, and it didn't really affect me or my friend in any way other than "oh great, here he comes again, I guess this recess isn't going to be fun anymore". It rarely got physical thanks to 1) staying within eyesight of a teacher and 2) I could outrun/dodge the older kid - he may have been physically bigger, but I was lean back then and me and my friend outran him easily. His bully-friend was leaner and kept a pace with us, but he was also more of a coattail rider and didn't actually bully us much. I guess I got off lightly. Been a suburban boy my whole life, even if at times I was in a blue-collar (but by no means impoverished) area.
    Well isn't that interesting?
    What's this? You bothered to highlight my sig?You're very bored then, aren't you? Ha. Ha. Ha.

Banned

Kid deserved what he sowed. Tired of being ****ed around? **** that person 10x over what he did to you. Honestly, this bull**** of our "zero tolerance" policy is only for those that are too afraid of standing up for themselves. I'm pretty sure that delinquents that do this kind of stuff only do it because they rather have messed up lives anyway.

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

posting this if anyone hasn't seen the video yet.

Blue bird of friendliness penguinzrock's Avatar

Giving back more violence than what you took makes you no better than the initial bully.

You don't kill someone over a push.
    Hate is easy; love takes courage.
    2/1/2010 - supalim becomes first to ever download an entire yobibyte of internet pizza
    PENGUINZ 4 MOD 2012!

Quote Originally Posted by penguinzrock View Post
    Giving back more violence than what you took makes you no better than the initial bully.

You don't kill someone over a push.
    What he did may have been overdoing it and glad the punk didn't killed but a lesson has been learned here to those who witnesses this happen and does nothing. Eventually the victim will become the aggressor, be it in the form of a bodyslam or a school shooting.