Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bullying today - Thoughts?

Default Bullying today - Thoughts?

So I was watching this video and the more I hear about it the more I get pissed off at today's society and bullying. What's up with it man?

</Got removed from Facebook too> Instead enjoy this: http://www.sportsgrid.com/media/vide...m-clouds-form/
    Posted facebook cause it keeps getting removed from youtube.

Thoughts? On bullying? Reaction? Good reactions? How kids should deal with it?
    I was never really bullied, but I've been around it a lot and it always pisses me off.
    Last edited by pyrofyr; 15th March 2011 at 11:29 PM.
    Gone with the wind

I have honestly never seen anyone get bullied at my high school
    噢如果超人会飞
    那就让我在空中停一停歇
    再次俯瞰这个世界
    会让我觉得好一些

哦拯救地球好累
    虽然有些疲惫但我还是会
    不要问我哭过了没
    因为超人不能有眼泪

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

I was a little confused as to who was being bullied in that video (it seems to be the bigger kid).

As for bullying in general, I think schools underestimate and baby the subject way too much, especially at schools where it's heavily gang wannabe based.

Spoiler!

The bigger kid was being bullied. The skinny kid had his friends there as backup, and person filming is assumed to be one of them.
    Apparently both children were suspended. Bullied for breaking Bully's ankle. Bully for bullying.

This probably could have been avoided.

Quote Originally Posted by nanop44 View Post
    Damn, must have been a good school. It usually exists in most schools in some form. I find mental bullying to be worse than physical bullying. I've mentally bullied people before, and I know it wasn't bad, I still feel bad for it.
    Gone with the wind

stop trying

Quote Originally Posted by nanop44 View Post
    Bullying is generally not as bad in Canada as it is in the US. I haven't seen anything serious either. Maybe had a couple kids call me names while walking down the hall, but that's just boring and doesn't count at all.

I got bullied pretty bad in middle school, **** sucked
    but now im not a weaboo *** anymore meanwhile the kid who made my life a living hell is a perma virgin

olololol

Blue bird of friendliness penguinzrock's Avatar

kids are the manifestations of our society's prejudices and insecurities

a prejudiced parent will rear a prejudiced child
    bullies arise from a lack of self-indentity

very rampant america
    Hate is easy; love takes courage.
    2/1/2010 - supalim becomes first to ever download an entire yobibyte of internet pizza
    PENGUINZ 4 MOD 2012!

going to a private school all my life, I have never encountered an instance of bullying.

everyone knows that I can seriously injure them with one hand, so no one tries it on me. Sometimes when verbal fights do break out, I act as the mediator, grab the two people's necks and hit the pressure points. They stop immediately.

also, may I ask what happened to this fellow, glommy?
    Quote Originally Posted by BarelyAwake View Post
    This thread quickly turned into who all wants to sex up Merciless.

Quote Originally Posted by Merciless View Post
    going to a private school all my life, I have never encountered an instance of bullying.

everyone knows that I can seriously injure them with one hand, so no one tries it on me. Sometimes when verbal fights do break out, I act as the mediator, grab the two people's necks and hit the pressure points. They stop immediately.

also, may I ask what happened to this fellow, glommy?
    Nothing, just highschool.

Basically, I went to a pretty asian middle school, smack in the middle of chinatown (actually my highschool isnt too far, its pretty asian also) and I was one of the very few resident white girls. I got bullying for being an awful weaboo, or according to some, "wanna be asian". Strangely enough, the bullies were a few asian guys, I don't know why they didn't have any guilt at all or anything. There was one instance when I kind of snapped and just punched the kid in the face, but the bullying itself didn't really stop until we got to highschool. The other bully went to a different one, and this one was probably just scared ****less of a new school himself so he didn't do anything. Over the past 3 years or so he failed to make new friends and still clings to those he has made in middle school. Judging by his facebook profile he "trolls the internets" and think's he's really great for it.

Blue bird of friendliness penguinzrock's Avatar

wait so posting anti-Christian (not really atheist in theory) propaganda every waking moment on all my Christian friends' facebooks doesnt make me cool?

weird i thought it made me look p smart
    Hate is easy; love takes courage.
    2/1/2010 - supalim becomes first to ever download an entire yobibyte of internet pizza
    PENGUINZ 4 MOD 2012!