Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Netbook Friendly MMORPGs?

Don't be surprised by the overpopulation of annoying pinoys on any ragnarok pserver.
    Mudkip 66 Lann

Quote Originally Posted by Areks View Post
    Don't be surprised by the overpopulation of annoying pinoys on any ragnarok pserver.
    Annoying? How are they annoying? There are very friendly ones. Please don't haet in general kthx.
    But yeah, try to back off in a PvP server whenever someone gets too close to you, there tend to be pinoys who only know the words "f*ck" and "noob". I mean like i got ambushed by an Asura Champion once while leveling in Thor.
    Holiday goals : Reach level 70 on my Dual Blader l Work on Compression and Destiny Defied l Find what i've always been looking for. l Open a new door and start anew. l Break HIM. l
    Complete - Green.
    Working on it - Purple.
    Hiatus - Red.

Hatred of you is what drives me, and i'll take solace in breaking your mind. I swear i will to whatever gods there may be, even if it's the last thing i do.

A Crusader's Guide.
    Story : Destiny Defied.
    Idea Compilation : Compression.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenBlade View Post
    Annoying? How are they annoying? There are very friendly ones. Please don't haet in general kthx.
    But yeah, try to back off in a PvP server whenever someone gets too close to you, there tend to be pinoys who only know the words "f*ck" and "noob". I mean like i got ambushed by an Asura Champion once while leveling in Thor.
    Those are the pinoys i'm talking about.

I know not all pinoys act the same
    Mudkip 66 Lann

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RavenBlade View Post
    You need Sakray RENEWAL, then a respective reputable PS. If you like balanced servers i recommend EssenceRO and Rapture RO.
    I went there, and saw something that fit me perfectly.

If you don't know what you are doing or you do not have an RO Client installed. You should download all 12 files: data.grf parts 1-7, rdata.grf, the BGM pack, the DLL pack and the two replacement patchers.
    Yep, that's me. I'm gonna try this when I get home.

So, lemme get this straight. With Firefox, you can only indirect play by using private servers?
    Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 5th April 2011 at 12:15 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
    I went there, and saw something that fit me perfectly.

Yep, that's me. I'm gonna try this when I get home.

So, lemme get this straight. With Firefox, you can only indirect play by using private servers?
    ... What?

You just need to download the core kRO files. Then when you find the server, you download their server client, and use their EXE to get in their server.

Alright, I've downloaded everything but the Server file (I'm trying Essence RO), and tried to update. WHAM! Got some error "failed to retrieve patch_allow.txt" which it doesn't have, so it makes a blank and then deletes it. Even if you make one, it deletes that too.

*Tears hair out*

Mebbe the actual game will run. But I really need some help with this, just in case.

---------------------

Nvm, I figured it out.

You know how I talked earlier about how I proxy blocked IE to have it kinda bugger off? Well, it's kinda needed to have the WLAN enabled for the purpose of the patcher. Hopefully I can re-disable it for playing the actual game. I hate IE completely (odd that I used it so long, huh). After using just Firefox for about 2 or so months, with zero viruses, I'm surprised how much I loathe IE.
    Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 5th April 2011 at 05:19 AM.

RO - pServer, older vanilla will work best, don't bother with ones with all the new **** unless you want lag, also avoid major towns or you'll die of lag.

It sounds like your actual internet speed isn't great, that could be another big problem for ya.

Stick to browser games mostly I'd say, I knew a few that would run really well but not anymore.

Unless Latale laxed up on what's server-side or not, don't even try bro.

MS? A joke. MS is all about fast pace, having a laptop or netbook keyboard? Pfft, enjoy the fail of epic proportions.

I can play RO on my DS though. :3c An actual pServer, not that game that came out that's 1Player.
    Gone with the wind

My speed is okay with various tweaks (i.e. my download speed was horrible, then I put firedownload, and I got 300KB/sec). I finished downloading only to have the thing patch and patch, and then after login, open/close the window. I'd already screwed over my computer, so I pulled a full reboot. I'm playing browser games from now on. Pet Forest seems like the best option.