Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hero vs Pally

Brandish has more range (i think) and if you abuse Chance Attack (which I do all the time), you can get 1.25x more damage on top of your combo.

Then in 4th job, max ACombo nets you double damage.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

Quote Originally Posted by FailFTW View Post
    Brandish has more range (i think) and if you abuse Chance Attack (which I do all the time), you can get 1.25x more damage on top of your combo.

Then in 4th job, max ACombo nets you double damage.
    Brandish, IS, CB/ACB, and Blast all have the same fixed range now if I'm not mistaken. And you'll need to stun/freeze/blind for Chance Attack to work, making it situational and not that useful at bosses, whereas a wk can just cast Threaten for the extra damage. :P
    「僕たちの前にはいまだ巨大すぎる人生が、茫漠とした時間がどうしようもなく横たわっていた。 」
    "We live in a very special time: the only time where we can observationally verify that we live at a very special time." -Lawrence Krauss

iSlash has slightly longer than brandish, and even without Chance Attack, combo should cover it. Generally, pallies excel on targets with an elemental weakness, while heroes excel in 1v1 situations (or 3v1, depending). Then there are enemies like PB who are resistant to everything except poison and lightning and then pallies can't double-charge.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

1) CB, Brandish, Crusher, Ground Smash, Blast and Intrepid Slash all have very similar ranges. Out of all warrior skills, Charged Blow is the fastest (600ms - the same as Flash Fist for Brawlers).
    2) ACA gives Heroes a 200% multiplier for damage. Chance attack provides either a 2.25 or 2.5 damage multiplier (I'll find out later). Enrage...that's about level 160, I believe. Fire + lightning charge on a Fire weak and neutral monster gives a White Knight (and Paladin) a 207.5% damage multiplier.
    3) Heroes hit 3 monsters with I-Slash. This is extremely useful in LHC.
    Paladins hit 1 monster with Blast, 7 with ACB (due to the critical rate of Blast, ACB out-damages Blast on three monsters rather than two) and (at most) 15 with Heaven's Hammer. Heaven's Hammer should not be ignored in LHC, it is also an extremely useful skill (999 999 damage per monster per 20 seconds complimenting damage dealt by Blast or ACB).
    4) Paladins cannot dual charge at Pink Bean. Most maplers don't even fight Pink Bean. I don't think this should really be a factor in choosing a class; Pink Bean runs are generally not for the common mapler and those who undertake PB expeditions are usually heavily funded or have strong connections to the organisers of the expedition.

Generally yes, a Hero will do more damage than a Paladin 1v1 (dual charging is always applied unless the monster is Lightning weak, everything neutral or strong to all elements), though this gap is not significant. It will be if (or when) the Jump patch comes to GMS, though Heroes will be losing some defensive skills (namely Achilles, which reduces damage taken by 1/1 and occasionally saves lives during lag/slow reactions).

Here's a little help about Paladins.
    1) Blast is a 3-hitting, critical, 20% 1hko on regular mobs, single-target attack.
    2) ACB is a quite powerful 8-hitting, mastery increasing attack.
    3) Combat Orders makes up for SP in 3rd job builds and helps a lot in parties and 4th job skills.
    4) Paladins excel in defensive-type with a shield with Shield Mastery, Guardian, and Divine Shield. They favor a more defensive type characteristic than the more offensive Hero.
    5) Paladins are elemental. The only monsters they should be fighting are those that are elemental weak unless there is no other option besides fighting neutral. Also about double charging... With double charging Ice, Fire, and Holy are considered the dominant elements while Lightning is considered the recessive element. It gives the Paladin the damage boost but the only elemental attribute the Paladin gets is of the dominant element. In example, if a Paladin was fighting a Fire-weak, Lightning-strong monster and he had Fire and Lightning charges up, the Lightning strong will not reduce his damage. But if the monster is let's say Pink Bean, strong against everything except Lightning and Poison, he will only have the Lightning attribute up in order to gain the elemental advantage and will lose the damage increase of another element. Paladins are very flexible in their elements with a wide variety of choices. They can compare to some of the best on elemental-weak monsters.

Either way Heroes seem to be the best choice in LHC because of iSlash being able to handle small mobs.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward