Thread: Connection Issues

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Default Connection Issues

I've recently been having odd connection issues with Maple. There were no patches/server checks/reinstallations previous to this (aside from a MTS server check that did not take the game down to complete). I had been able to play fine in between the last server check and now.

I cannot stay connected when in a map with mobs. I'll log in, and within 1-10 minutes, I will start to lag (not fps lag) and will eventually DC. I can stay connected in towns or the FM perfectly fine. This is happening on both my desktop and laptop, and on ethernet and wireless connections. It happens with every world/ch/character/account.

However, I could connect to, download, and play Combat Arms (also a Nexon game) without any lag whatsoever.

I am reinstalling Maple on my desktop at the moment, and am getting an incredibly slow installation. Combat Arms dled at about 800-1,000 kbps, but Maple is going at about 100-300 kbps (same download process).

Any ideas as to what this issue could be? I searched around but could not find any recent topics or suggestions that would explain or fix this problem.

Spoiler!

They patched DC hacks, but to do so, they had to block the same packet ID being spammed >500 MS. Most likely blocking certain packets that are being sent/recepted causing you to lag. I have this as well, most likely will get fixed when they come up with a better way to block DC hacking
    Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    I was conceived around 4-5am.

Welp, reinstalling didn't help, not that I really expected it to.

Spoiler!

Well, last night Trey and Dalton came back and we made new characters.

I was able to play for hours without DCing. Does this have something to do with only old characters?

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    Well, last night Trey and Dalton came back and we made new characters.

I was able to play for hours without DCing. Does this have something to do with only old characters?
    Most likely not. It would be pretty close to impossible for an issue like this to just happen to a single character. Perhaps a class skill is causing it. I could log on blizz for you and try killing monsters for a while and see what my results are.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    I was conceived around 4-5am.

I was DCed on Blizz, Crushed, DeNo, and FatiAm in kradia. I also got DCed on my old Windian, Khainian, and Galacian characters. Just last night, I DCed on blizz and crushed trying to move out of El Nath.

The new character didn't even get lag.

Spoiler!