Thread: Soul Driver for a Crusader?

Icon1 Soul Driver for a Crusader?

Am I able to get this somehow? Or is it just a UA thing?

sorry if a noobie Q

Thanks

There is a quest for Adventurers to obtain the UA skill equivalent, however it is much harder to obtain. You will need to get 20 items from Sand Bunnies, and their drop rate is apparently worse than Peridots (What you need for a UA).
    Spoiler!

My art blog

The Lunar Dew? I think that gives the ability to wear armor, equip weapons 10 levels above current, does it also give the soul driver ability? Looks like im gonna be spending some time there...I have 2/20 LOL

Thanks

It only provides you with the Cygnus Skill I'm afraid. The 10 levels early skill is a UA only. 2/20 isn't actually too bad! I think there are other quests JUST to level it up too, but I'm not 100% certain about this.
    Spoiler!

My art blog

Actually, you obtain 20 lunar dews to get Empress's Might which is the 10 lvl equipment skill. Then you can obtain the Cygnus Knight skill. Quest starts at lvl 50 by talking to your job instructor.

So after I get all my Lunar Dews it gives me the skill of wearing items 10 levels above? Then it opens a Quest for Soul driver or the skill is in the skill spot?
    thanks

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

No, there are different levels of Soul Driver, and you have to do quests to upgrade the skill. Normal adventurers cannot get the skill to equip items 10 levels higher.

Spoiler!

OK now i'm confused, so I should stop trying to get Lunar Dews because I am a normal adventurer and not a UA?

thanks

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Normal Adventurers can get the 5 special skills. Pirates get Shark Wave, Warriors get Soul Driver, Mages get Flame Gear, Archers get Wind Pierce, and Thieves get Vampire.

The skill goes up to level 5. To upgrade it, you do quests. So, to get it at lvl 1, you do the first quest. To get it lvl 2, you do the next quest. With the exception of Mages (for additional DoT), this is not worth doing. In the time it takes you to get level 5 driver, you probably could have leveled up about 50 times.
    Rather or not you should do it is up to you. I suggest that you don't, especially since Brandish/IS excels at LHC.

Ultimate Adventurers get multiple special skills, and they level up the UA skills every 10 levels. So, instead of doing the Soul Driver quest, a UA Crusader would automatically get 1 Driver at lvl 50, 2 Driver at 60, 3 Driver at 70, etc until level 5. To be honest, it would probably take less time to level up a KoC to 120 (something you'll need to do eventually anyway), and remake a UA Crusader (starts at level 50) and get him up to 10x. The quests to get SD on adventurers are beyond tedious, and really not worth the effort. If you really want Soul Driver on a Crusader, just make a UA.

Spoiler!

Thanks again for the update! :) In the middle of my grindfest to 110... :D