Thread: Battle Mage SUP

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Default Battle Mage SUP

Well, despite having almost constant DC problems on any of my normal characters, last night I was able to make a Battle Mage with a couple of old friends.

I do not trust guides under any circumstance, so I'd rather discuss various options with people before deciding on a build.

During 2nd job, I am currently planning to max everything except Blood Drain (I couldn't care less about potion costs). Now, other than potion costs, is Blood Drain useful enough to require maxing? I think I would have 3 points in it by 70, so would that even be worth activating?

In 3rd, I would want to max everything except Advanced Dark Chain, leave that at 11 (for 8 hit), and go back into 2nd job and put 2 more points into Blood Drain (to move it up to 2% of total damage).

Am I missing anything vitally important for Battle Mages?

Spoiler!

Blood drain can only heal 10% of your HP when maxed, so it caps out if you are semi-powerful pretty quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    I was conceived around 4-5am.

Oh, well in that case I'd just be getting it for the additional time limit -_-
    I'll be using Blizz's tradeable gear, and the extra untradeable mage stuff, so I'll probably be strong enough to reach that 10% at just lvl 5.

Spoiler!

Leave blood drain at 3, trust me. :P in the 3rd job reaper isnt worth it, max everything else

BuckshotEye-8x Cannoneer
    Destresation- 8x Aran
    [05-06, 19:18] Tesiqurasa: jitenp is hot <----took you long enough

Quote Originally Posted by jitenp View Post
    Leave blood drain at 3, trust me. :P in the 3rd job reaper isnt worth it, max everything else
    Well, it's just between that and an extra 45% damage on Advanced Dark Chain.

Spoiler!