Thread: A question about DK after big bang :)

Default A question about DK after big bang :)

Hello :D
    Before big bang, spear is strong with dragon buster and pole arm is strong with dragon fury right?...
    Does this remain the same after big bang?

No, there is no difference between the two. Use a polearm, because the animation is glitched and the Buster animation with a Spear is longer.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

The damage difference between slash and stab was completely removed, and with it, any difference in damage formulas for Spear and Pole Arm.

Spoiler!

There was never a difference in Spears and Polearms if I remember correctly. Polearms just had higher base attack, and was stronger when slashing pre-Big Bang.
    I'm pretty sure PA's still have a higher base attack.

Quote Originally Posted by DlPSHl7 View Post
    There was never a difference in Spears and Polearms if I remember correctly. Polearms just had higher base attack, and was stronger when slashing pre-Big Bang.
    I'm pretty sure PA's still have a higher base attack.
    There was a difference before BB. Polearms were weaker with stabbing and stronger with slashing(as you said) and spears were better with stabbing but not slashing, thus making Buster(I believe formerly known as Crusher, a three-stabbing move) the better choice with a spear and Fury(a single-swing 6 mob attack) better with a polearm. After Big Bang both weapons are equal so there is no difference except for the faster Buster animation with a polearm.

Eh doesn't matter after warrior revamp with that sexy new attack.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

Quote Originally Posted by omarXRanger View Post
    There was a difference before BB. Polearms were weaker with stabbing and stronger with slashing(as you said) and spears were better with stabbing but not slashing, thus making Buster(I believe formerly known as Crusher, a three-stabbing move) the better choice with a spear and Fury(a single-swing 6 mob attack) better with a polearm. After Big Bang both weapons are equal so there is no difference except for the faster Buster animation with a polearm.

Eh doesn't matter after warrior revamp with that sexy new attack.
    Actually, I was referring the their damage formula, but I seem to have not included that.

Thx u guys =D
    This really helps alot....

Quote Originally Posted by DlPSHl7 View Post
    Actually, I was referring the their damage formula, but I seem to have not included that.
    Damage formula slightly differed, IIRC. PAs had a higher max and lower min, but that was before the new mastery system.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

That was just because slash had a higher min and lower max while stab had a higher max and lower min.

Spoiler!