Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm sick of this - HackShield Update Error 0x30000030(805306416)

Default I'm sick of this - HackShield Update Error 0x30000030(805306416)

I installed Maplestory today (I had it installed a couple of months ago, but had since uninstalled it) and I get this stupid error in the title whenever I try to start the game.

I have literally exhausted every single possible solution I have found to no avail:
    - I have reinstalled countless times,
    - rebooted,
    - manually updated HackShield,
    - downloaded earlier clients and manually updated those AND again manually updated HackShield
    - replaced the HackShield with older working HackShield clients
    - I even uninstalled, cleaned my registry and every single trace of Nexon/ Maplestory/ Ahnlab I had on my HDD
    - changed my host files to allow access to the update servers

Sorry if this has been asked before, but Im hoping theres some new fix that has been discovered (I believe most of the solutions I've tried were pre-BB). The only thing I havnt tried is reformatting, but hell will have to freeze over before I reformat my computer for maplestory.
    Last edited by SomeGuyFromPBF; 15th April 2011 at 05:29 PM.

Firewall? Antivirus up?

Disabled, added exceptions. Still nothing D:

I don't remember where I heard this or how credible it is, but I think there was a setting with IE working in offline mode that prevented MS from working properly. Perhaps you could look into that.

Don't want to state the obvious, but try resetting your internet connection. If it's Wi-fi, turn it off via your Router. If it's Ethernet internet, unplug it directly from your Computer, wait 30 seconds, and plug back in.

It would be nice if I knew what OS you're using. Though, if you're using Vista/7, do NOT "Run in compatibility", only turn on "Run as Administrator" In order to do this, most Computers will have the default location as "C:/Nexon/MapleStory" or something similar. Right click on "GameLauncher" and select "properties". Then select "Compatibility", and tick the box that says "Run as Administrator".

No luck with the IE work offline mode.
    I'm using W7 64bit, but is has worked before on the same OS. Ill try your suggestions Wyatt

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

Still nothing :(
    I'm pretty sure its just the HackShield that's screwing up, its not able to connect to the update servers for some reason. I've tried the options that seem most suited to fixing that - changing my hosts file, and also replacing the HShield folder with an older version and allowing that to update. The last option gets past the Ahnlab/ HackShield loading splash, but then the game doesn't show up. It does however show up as a process in my task manager and I can only end it from there.

Would it be possible for someone to upload their latest, updated HShield folder which I could use to overwrite mine? Seeing as how I haven't actually tried replacing it with the latest version yet.
    Last edited by SomeGuyFromPBF; 15th April 2011 at 11:33 PM.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

As far as I know, just transferring the folders over no longer works.

A few more in depth questions regarding installation:
    When you uninstalled, did you get rid of all HS/MS files?
    Previous to reinstalling, was Nexon/Maplestory/Hackshield/whatever on the exceptions for your firewall/antivirus? I know Sophos had a problem with that a few months back. If you haven't, make sure all are on the exception and then reinstall.

Spoiler!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    Actually it still works as long you have not recently transferred over your folder since the current patch.

Check to see if the proxy in IE is different. Also, did you try turning of UAC?

Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post

A few more in depth questions regarding installation:
    When you uninstalled, did you get rid of all HS/MS files?
    Previous to reinstalling, was Nexon/Maplestory/Hackshield/whatever on the exceptions for your firewall/antivirus? I know Sophos had a problem with that a few months back. If you haven't, make sure all are on the exception and then reinstall.
    Nope, when I initially uninstalled I didnt clear everything, just recently when I tried reinstalling (and getting this error) that I started to do that.
    I didn't add exceptions when trying to install, but I did try adding exceptions when trying to launch the game. Ill try doing that. Should I reinstall using the NGM or should I reinstall using the full downloadable client?

Quote Originally Posted by Falkner View Post
    Actually it still works as long you have not recently transferred over your folder since the current patch.

Check to see if the proxy in IE is different. Also, did you try turning of UAC?
    I'm not sure what you mean by the proxy in IE being different. I just tried turning off UAC but still nothing :S

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

FINALLY! Its working now. I did all the suggestions, at first it didn't work so I gave up. Couple of hours later I tried out of curiosity and it loaded perfectly. So weird :/

Thanks for the help guys :)

w8 @SomeGuyFromPBF
    so what exactly did you do to get the game working? i'm running vista so maybe theres some diffrence there

and if anyone else has any suggestions it'll be great, like the one about "hosts", i found it but what am i ment to put in it?