Thread: Some permabeginner questions

Beginner

Default Some permabeginner questions

Ok so I played a few years ago, started in February of 2007, but August of 2009 had to go live with my grandmother, where their is no cable, so I couldnt play, I just got my own place again (i'm 22) and now got cable so I started playing maplestory again! I heard of the big bang and all but that happened after I had to quit. I already got a lvl 39 Aran and 22 Theif (I'm known for having multiple characters because it's fun!) so i've gotten used to many of the big bang changes. I must say it's much easier to level now! Course it seems like because of that I have much less mesos than i would have by now in the old days but ahem, anyway. (I started over in case your wondering but that isn't the point of this thread) and I was wondering a few questions about permanoobs.
    When I made the Theif and started out on maple island obviously I realized with the changes they probably killed maple islanders. Are their still any active islanders anywhere?
    As for normal permabeginners (UNfunded in my case) what would be a good place to cap dex for accuracy? (not being able to buy accuracy equips-at least not until later levels when have made some mesos from training) I know theirs some new accuracy calculater?
    And 1 more questions-for those hp beginners, if their are still any, how much dex/accuracy would they need to actually hit pink bean? (Not talking about how much hp is needed to actually survive pink bean-I know that would be near lvl 200 with pure hp)

I doubt there are any active islanders since... they shrunk it.

There is no need for dex add, it's all based on levels.

For HP beginners, ask someone else.
    I'm Retired.

Beginner

Ok. That does help. Thank you. Accuracy is all based on levels now?

I haven't played the game for a while but I hear that you can defeat monsters that are lower at your level. Any monster levels that are higher than yours would subject to be missing the target.
    I'm Retired.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Yea, for every level you are below the monster, you will miss 5% of the time. So if you are level 23 attacking a 26 monster, you'll have an 85% hit chance. Accuracy doesn't matter much, especially at lower levels.

Spoiler!

Beginner

So dex and accuracy is pretty much useless to any beginner? as long as your fighting monsters your level and lower you won't miss anyway?

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Pretty much. Accuracy comes into play very minimally, but beginners won't reach that level and most classes will obtain it naturally.

Spoiler!

Beginner

Thank you both! Sometimes i feel like a noob again where it's been so long since I played and so much has changed. Lol