Thread: Thief Shields

Default Thief Shields

I have a dex bandit. However I have either the Maple Thief Shield (find or buy from Inkie) or get a Khanjar/D. Khanjar. The problem with the khanjar is the str req.

Suggestions?
    SinofSea - level 115
    SaurusLeo - level 87
    WlNGKNlGHT - level 71
    ShadowNinto - (in-training)
    MajorFenrir - (in-training)
    BurstBarrage - (in-training)
    ArrowSea - (in-training)

You'll get plenty of Strength from 'all stat' Equipment such as Zhelms and HTP's And allstat potential items. Khanjars are the best bandit shields if you properly plan your stats.

Banned

dkhanjars are going to be expensive as hell, but are the best investment for shields you can get second to VIP shields.

Getting the STR for the khanjar isn't too hard either. At 135, my DB has a total of 64 STR.

I'd get the DKhanjar for the attack already on it clean.

Quote Originally Posted by White Mage Abyss View Post
    You'll get plenty of Strength from 'all stat' Equipment such as Zhelms and HTP's And allstat potential items. Khanjars are the best bandit shields if you properly plan your stats.
    how should i plan my stats? Should I add any strength at all and just let the all stat equips do the rest? or should i deviate from the norm of 2x dex and luk (i think that's the formula...)

Quote Originally Posted by Falkner View Post
    dkhanjars are going to be expensive as hell, but are the best investment for shields you can get second to VIP shields.

Getting the STR for the khanjar isn't too hard either. At 135, my DB has a total of 64 STR.
    I read that D. Khanjar are from NLC gach? Whether this is true or not, I haven't confirmed. How did you do str in your build? All-stat? a few AP in STR?

Quote Originally Posted by Bishopz View Post
    Scrolled or unscrolled? Gach or MTS? I don't really understand your statement. Forgive me for that.
    SinofSea - level 115
    SaurusLeo - level 87
    WlNGKNlGHT - level 71
    ArrowSea - (in-training)

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bishopz View Post
    Dkhans shot through the roof in price. They're upwards of 500m clean now. Khanjars are about 15m clean.
    Nearly half a bil for 9 more attack?
    Not unless you're pretty much geared everywhere else and can afford to invest in an att shield. Couple that with the insane price of 60% shield atts (since 70%ing a 500m item is a bad idea), and you've got too much invested for a reasonable budget. The best way to get a decent shield is to land some 70%s on a regular potentialed Khanjar (or take advantage of the basically free Chaos scrolls during the 6th aniv. event). That will be a much more reasonable way to get an attack shield.

As a general rule, unless you have the equips to reach 75 natural str (nothing sacrificed for str), don't bother shelling out the cash for an average priced dkhan. If you can't afford those equips (Czak, [C]htp, full rings, etc), you aren't going to be rich enough to make a Dkhan an economically reasonable choice.

Quote Originally Posted by KamiNoRaiden View Post
    how should i plan my stats? Should I add any strength at all and just let the all stat equips do the rest? or should i deviate from the norm of 2x dex and luk (i think that's the formula...)
    For now, just try to reach the required 60 total passively. If you absolutely need to upgrade some str, try to keep it below 20 base. If you don't naturally have ~40 total str, equipping a Khanjar really won't be a great payoff.

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    Dkhans shot through the roof in price. They're upwards of 500m clean now. Khanjars are about 15m clean.
    Nearly half a bil for 9 more attack?
    Not unless you're pretty much geared everywhere else and can afford to invest in an att shield. Couple that with the insane price of 60% shield atts (since 70%ing a 500m item is a bad idea), and you've got too much invested for a reasonable budget. The best way to get a decent shield is to land some 70%s on a regular potentialed Khanjar (or take advantage of the basically free Chaos scrolls during the 6th aniv. event). That will be a much more reasonable way to get an attack shield.

As a general rule, unless you have the equips to reach 75 natural str (nothing sacrificed for str), don't bother shelling out the cash for an average priced dkhan. If you can't afford those equips (Czak, [C]htp, full rings, etc), you aren't going to be rich enough to make a Dkhan an economically reasonable choice.

For now, just try to reach the required 60 total passively. If you absolutely need to upgrade some str, try to keep it below 20 base. If you don't naturally have ~40 total str, equipping a Khanjar really won't be a great payoff.
    So the base str if any should be below 20 unless it's a STR dit. 40 natural could take some effort but might be doable. I have some time since khanjar is at level 80 and d. khanjar is at 120. Should i try for the 75 str total passive as well?
    SinofSea - level 115
    SaurusLeo - level 87
    WlNGKNlGHT - level 71
    ArrowSea - (in-training)

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Yes, since the Dkhan is so expensive, anyone who can afford to effective use it should have 75 passive str anyway.

For now, sticking to 60 with <20 base will be fine

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by KamiNoRaiden View Post
    Your base strength should be less than 21 Forever and always.

Assume you have the following.

20 Base strength.
    16 Strength Scarlion Helmet
    21 Stat Horntail Pendant
    2+ All Stat Medal
    2+ All Stat Belt
    3+ All Stat Ring x2

That already gives us 67 Strength, from the bare minimum equipment you should have before considering a (D)Khanjar. This isn't even counting towards potential equipment, Which you could do things like Instead of looking for + Dex look for + All Stats, That way you can gain Dex AND Strength from the same piece of equipment.