Thread: Probably Rehashing An Old Question About Coma & Panic...

Icon2 Probably Rehashing An Old Question About Coma & Panic...

I didn't know whether to post this question in "Warrior" or "Cygnus Knights: Dawn Warrior" forum, but bear with me, please.

Am I mistaken to believe that if I have a maxed "Combo Attack," which yields 5 combo orbs and end it with even a level 1 "Coma," the damage output, as written, should be 1240% of my damage range?

On my pre-Big Bang Lv. 100 Dawn Warrior, I find that my range is between 2-3,000, and I have maxed Combo Attack and have a level 5 Coma for that nice, round figure of 280%. Therefore, my attack, fully charged, should be fourteen times my range, but I only do damage of 7-8,500, which is roughly 280% of my range.

Did Nexon make a mistake in putting that "per combo orb" phrase in?

This had me curious so I tested it on my own Dawn Warrior.

DISCLAIMER DISCLAIMER DISCLAIMER I HAVE NOT DONE PERCENTILE MATH IN LIKE THREE YEARS IT'S PROBABLY WRONG.

My dawn warrior's damage range is 2355~3364 'Unbuffed' (No Rage, No Holy Charge, Just Combo) which is what I used for testing. I have max combo attack (5% per orb) And Level 1 Coma (248% Per orb allegedly) The enemy I am testing this on are the level 91 Jar's at Herb Town, my Dawn Warrior is level 93.

Recorded damage with 3 coma's on 3 monsters each time.
    Spoiler!

Average %'s according to my awful math (needs proofing)
    Spoiler!

So if everything is accurate, It's absolutely not 280% per orb, or even 280% total, Remember my Coma is level 1. Though even if my math is wrong it probably answered your question.
    Last edited by White Mage Abyss; 13th May 2011 at 02:31 AM.

I still have no idea what the coma and panic formulas are or how they work. But I don't trust the descriptions that much anymore, after seeing the description for advanced combo.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

I just think a simple deletion of that "Per Combo Orb" phrasing is in order.

Although considering the way most Dawn Warriors use Brandish & Soul Driver instead of Coma & Panic, it doesn't much matter, but the phrasing makes you think, if you are any good with mathematics, that you'll start wiping the floor of enemies with those skills. Just imagine 250%, maxed "Soul Driver," augmented by a full "Combo Attack." That is whatever your Damage range is times 125%, then times 1000% (provided every hit counts), equaling 1250%.

NOW, take the same 125% from Combo Attack and multiply by Coma's maxed, 400% per orb. That's 2500%. 25 times your damage range! Twice as much damage as Soul Driver, though you'd connect with two fewer enemies, you'd stun them 90% of the time? And it would not have that "cast time" attached? THAT WOULD BE FRICKIN' AWESOME!

Just saying, but thanks for the commentary. ^_^