Thread: How to Mess up Netflix (and how to fix it)

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Default How to Mess up Netflix (and how to fix it)

I suddenly couldn't use Netflix Instant Play for like a month or so, and couldn't figure out why. I got error N8007 and it mentioned storage and stuff. So I rightclicked and selected storage, and monkeyed around with DRM, storage amounts, everything the so-called experts from Netflix and Silverlight suggested. I tried reinstalling different versions of silverlight. Still, no dice.

I read a bunch of internet sites, but most of the people were seriously just confused about it as me. They thought it might be the version of firefox (I checked), or firefox itself (but this happened to some on IE), or all kinds of firewall settings. And some of the solutions were either overly technical or seemed outright dangerous.

So, a month passed, and my Netflix was STILL messed up. Why? I saw somewhere someone talking about switching away from private browsing session, and just having it delete history on exit. Suddenly it worked. It was a simple matter of Netflix not having the proper storage it wanted. (Ummm, why couldn't they figure this out?)

Because who would think of streaming using Private Browsing?

"In a Private Browsing session, Firefox won't keep any browser history, search history, download history, web form history, cookies, or temporary internet files."

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

I can use youtube and virtually every other video thing with it disabled. Yet Silverlight decides it needs that.

Oh ****ing great, now another error even with it enabled. Error Code 2104. Okay, it was just a matter of refreshing. Still, Silverlight is retarded. Why can't they use Flash like everyone else?
    Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 15th May 2011 at 03:53 AM.

Blue bird of friendliness penguinzrock's Avatar

gonna go out on a limb and say that youtube streaming is much different from netflix streaming
    Hate is easy; love takes courage.
    2/1/2010 - supalim becomes first to ever download an entire yobibyte of internet pizza
    PENGUINZ 4 MOD 2012!

Adobe Flash has its own temporary storage separate from the web browser's temporary file storage. Same with DivX, QuickTime, and other popular media delivery systems.

Jr. Necki

Hello everyone!
    In general, a month ago I bought a TV from Toshiba, everything was very good, I liked the picture and color reproduction. But yesterday, when watching another movie, the TV turned off and did not turn on. I tried everything I could, but I didn’t get any result. And today I came across the article 7 Fixes for Toshiba TV That Won't Turn On, which helped me find the cause of this strange error and fix it, everything turned out to be many times easier than I thought.
    Last edited by kodio; 17th April 2022 at 12:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kodio View Post
    Hello everyone!
    In general, a month ago I bought a TV from Toshiba, everything was very good, I liked the picture and color reproduction. But yesterday, when watching another movie, the TV turned off and did not turn on. I tried everything I could, but I didn’t get any result. And today I came across the article 7 Fixes for Toshiba TV That Won't Turn On, which helped me find the cause of this strange error and fix it, everything turned out to be many times easier than I thought.
    Great to know that I was creating new Shopify site and that came up recently. Does eny freelancer play in dark mode web side spheres?

Quote Originally Posted by kodio View Post
    Hello everyone!
    In general, a month ago I bought a TV from Toshiba, everything was very good, I liked the picture and color reproduction. I played poker on it all day long poker download android.

But yesterday, when watching another movie, the TV turned off and did not turn on. I tried everything I could, but I didn’t get any result. And today I came across the article 7 point of sale terminal , which helped me find the cause of this strange error and fix it, everything turned out to be many times easier than I thought.
    Great to know that I was creating new Shopify site and that came up recently. Does eny freelancer play in dark mode web side spheres? I need to link a video from netflix
    Last edited by JakaBasej; 9th May 2022 at 09:41 PM.