Thread: Transform or sparks first?

Default Transform or sparks first?

Alright so I just got to 3rd Job. Woohoo and stuff. Level 71 and right now I'm focusing on Maxing Critical punch and Shark wave in that order. After that, I'm deciding if I should max sparks or transform first. Sparks is awesome and all, and it completely destroy mobs even at level 1 but the 20 wep. att and speed from transform is tempting also. I don't know what the difference would be between max sparks and Max Transform if you used shark wave in combination with one of them damage wise. That and transform sounds like lots of fun to play around with. I'm gonna max out both of them eventually but I'd like to know which one would benefit me best early on.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

I guess it depends on a few things.
    Would the extra +20 att change your KO rate with Shark Wave (against the enemies you will train on between now and when all of those are maxed)?
    What's your passive speed (or speed with a +10 pill)? If it's not close to passive "haste", did you get dash?

I'd personally go for Spark because it adds a great new element to attacks.

A compromise might be to go for lvl 1 Transform, then lvl 11 Spark (for 3 hits), then max transform.

Spoiler!

Hmm I think I may see about going for 11 sparks and max transform. I don't see much benefit from level 1 transform (other then looking cool :p) But with a level 70 maple cape I have 10 speed. I didn't go for dash because I heard that it ended up being really annoying for some people (And I can see why). I'll see how it goes though because I really don't want to wait that long to use Transform. It sounds fun :p If anyone has other opinions I'll gladly accept them.

lol someone else who messed up thanks to takebacker.

dash is one of the most useful skills on any pirate. I guess it doesn't matter as much on a TB.

but yeah, you should definitely go sparks first, I dont see transform helping a whole lot because of the cooldown, etc.
    Last edited by emailbox; 19th May 2011 at 10:06 PM.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

With level 1 Transform, you get a haste effect 37% of the time.
    With no Transform, you get a haste effect 0% of the time.

Level 1 of Transform is actually pretty useful.

Also, I have never once accidentally activated dash. It's also nice to note that you can hotkey it, meaning it doesn't need to be double tapped to be activated. If you have good control, you will be on dash more often than not (unless you're on transform).

Spoiler!

double tapping for dash is a surefire way of slowing yourself down.
    it should be on an easily reached hotkey.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Hmm. I've never really had a case where I regretted not having dash though. I guess it mostly preference at least from how I see it. I'm thinking of making a Bucc ultimate adventurer after wards so I guess I'll put dash on that character if it's as helpful as you say.

All of the skills should be maxed but not shockwave cause shockwave is slow at attacking but dmg higher then sharkwave but the original attack that u are going to use on is going to be the sharkwave.