Thread: Maplestory V.98 Mob.wz Corrupt File

Icon7 Maplestory V.98 Mob.wz Corrupt File

I am sorry if this is in the wrong place, but please, one person tell me once.

This has been a problem frusterating me all day, upon starting up Maplestory, it automatically downloads a new patch. Everything goes fine, but after the "Mob" file start downloading, a message appears telling my it is corrupted. I am not an extremely technological person, so this baffles me.

I was hoping that Nexon would notice that it was a corrupt file, that it wasn't a problem on my end, and fix this problem. However, after trying to re-download it six times throughout the day, it would appear it is either not being fixed, or is a problem on my end.

Its dreadful trying to download Maplestory all over again, so I have therefor refrained from doing so. I hope there is an alternate solution besides this.

So please help.
    You need a seed before you can grow a forest.

Slime

My best advice is to never delete the most recent maple installer for one (saves the redownload times), delete the mob.wz file and run the patcher from the MapleStory folder and see if the patching works.

I deleted the mob.wz file, then attempted to run the pather from the folder by doubleclicking, and right clicking "run as"

It sends me to the site via doubleclicking, and I attempted to patch from there. I also attempted manual patch, to no avail. The patch comes up with an error, or in the manual ones case, freezes that certain tab.

Thank you for trying to help, I'm either doing something wrong or it didn't work.

Please bear with me, I again, am not at all technological.
    You need a seed before you can grow a forest.

Slime

It may not be you either, MapleStory is no where near perfect or even completely compatible with anything to be honest. You may want to look into a guide for clearing out your registry for anything that has to do with MapleStory. Then after that, you'll have to restart and reinstall (as I recall from the guide I once saw). It makes for a lot of work if you're never done such a thing, but it seems to help some people.

As I've said before, download from a different source; in fact, download a slightly older version from a different source, then patch that.