Thread: MSEA Ice & Lightning Level 1~50 Guide.

Default MSEA Ice & Lightning Level 1~50 Guide.

Guide for an I/L mage!

Updates:
    V0.01 - Started on making this guide. Yay!
    V0.13 - Finished first job skill build.
    V0.17 - Finished the training guide for 1st Job.

Hello! I am a player from MapleSEA. I cannot tell you what my IGN is or what world I play in because I basically play in a lot of worlds. I recently started on I/L wizard, and realised that most guides included monsters only availble in GMS (Twisted Jesters etc.), so I simply decided to make this.

I have been playing in maplestory for years, before MapleSEA even came out and that means I used to play GMS. However, I have not really been successful when it comes to leveling due to sheer laziness. The highest I ever obtain before this character was a Lvl 70++ Aran. With that, I left maple for a few months waiting for Big Bang, which came to MapleSEA just recently. And now, I am leveling.

As for Pros and Cons, I believe I don't really need to list it down because basically for choosing this job, you know why you chose it.
    Fine.
    Pros:
    Teleport Mastery is actually fun.
    Lightning bolt is great and sexy, in fact.
    As you have less HP, you can use the cheaper pots for a LONG LONG time.
    Monsters weak against ice/lightning are fun to own.
    Actually fun to train.
    Can use both wands and staff/staves, which means you can use whatever you get from drops.

Cons:
    Due to low HP, you can die easily.
    Your skills kill enough mp, magic guard kills more.
    Which means, super aa lot of MP pots used.
    And MP pots tend to be more expensive.
    Monsters strong against icee/lightning is no fun.
    Receive higher damage from monsters.

AP:
    There are actually 3 types, or should I say 3 different ways to add your AP.

General: This means that you just keep on clicking auto-assign to add your LUK. Which also means your LUK will forever be 3 above your level. I don't suggest this, however. Also, people who stop adding LUK around 60 and above are considered general mage.

LUKless: Unless you are filthy rich, do not ever take this path. Also, magic attack from wands/staffs are more worth than LUK now, so it is more worth to add some luck than not getting new wands.

Low LUK: This is IT. The one that I will suggest. I personally kept my LUK at 35. But you may keep it lower. However, this does not really increase your damage, so if you cannot seem to find anything that adds on to your LUK, just out of desperation add some more LUK. But never ever, so above 70 for LUK.

1st Job Advancement:
    Just talk to the Grendal the Really Old whose house unfortunately fell into the middle of the town. He'll just advance you.

Skill points:
    Alright, now onto skills distribution.

Level 1-8:
    Just add anything you want in any order. You will only be able to max 2, but I personally did not use any.

Level 8-20:
    Lvl 8 : {+1} Energy Bolt
    Lvl 9 : {+3} Magic Claw
    Lvl 10 : {+3} Magic Claw
    Lvl 11 : {+3} Magic Claw
    Lvl 12 : {+3} Magic Claw
    Lvl 13 : {+3} Magic Claw
    Lvl 14 : {+3} Magic Claw
    Lvl 15 : {+2} Magic Claw, {+1} Magic Armor
    Lvl 16 : {+3} Magic Armor
    Lvl 17 : {+3} Magic Armor
    Lvl 18 : {+3} Magic Armor
    Lvl 19 : {+3} Magic Armor
    Lvl 20 : {+2} Magic Armor, {+1} Magic Guard

Grendal kindly gave you one SP. Use it on Energy Bolt so that you can get your Magic Claw. Max you Magic Claw cause it is just that awesome and sexy, then go ahead and add Magic Armor. Magic Armor is before Magic Guard as monsters were actually hitting me a crazy and unbelievable high damage, and I needed the protection cause I actually died (a few times in fact). Magic Guard is good but it kills my MP, which I don't want to lose a lot so early. But if you prefer or is well-funded, then go for Magic Guard.

Lvl 21-30:
    Lvl 21 : {+3}Magic Guard
    Lvl 22 : {+3}Magic Guard
    Lvl 23 : {+3}Magic Guard
    Lvl 24 : {+3}Magic Guard
    Lvl 25 : {+2}Magic Guard, {+1}MP+
    Lvl 26 : {+3}MP+
    Lvl 27 : {+3}MP+
    Lvl 28 : {+3}MP+
    Lvl 29 : {+3}Energy Bolt
    Lvl 30 : {+3}Energy Bolt

Max your Magic Guard because it will be useful in the future. MP+ is a must as it adds to your MaxMP, which does not make INT too important as you already have enough MP to sustain yourself, and therefore allowing you to add extra LUK if you do not have enough. Lastly, with nothing else to add just go ahead and add energy bolt. You must use ALL your skill points before you can even achieve your 2nd Job advancement anyways. Ohya, Magic Armor is also better than Energy Bolt as Magic Claw is a lot better than Energy Bolt, while Magic Armor have nothing to replace it.

Training:
    Maple Island Quests: For level 1 to 8, just do the quests in Maple Island. I personally finished quite a few of the quests. When you are finished with Mai's training thing and is Lvl 8, just get your Recommendation and go to Lith Harbour. Do not finish all the quests though, you will exceed lvl 8. Once at Lith Harbour, do Olaf's quests, Path of a Magician. There is a quiz before that but thankfully it does not give too much exp. Once finished, just get to Ellinia.
    Training Quests: Pretty simple. Just do it.
    Slimes: You can just kill these at level 8.
    Dark Stump: Found it the training centre, kill it along with slimes.
    Bubbling: They are qutie difficult due to high touch damage(pratically all monsters give you high touch dmg), and start these guys at level 10.
    Fairy: You can start at them from as early as level 11, do not stay for too long, however.
    Blue Ribbon Pigs: From level 14 to 20, I went to blue ribbon pigs! They were awesome and dropped me a few robe.
    Horny Mushroom: These guys are just the alternative if blue ribbon pigs is full or you just don't like them. Remember to do the Remeberer's quests though, it is good exp.
    Zombie Mushroom: They're fine actually. I did not really liked them though.
    Ligators: I personally liked them. Slow, and always in a pack. Start around 20 I guess.
    The 'Eyes': They are all okay. I highly suggest doing the rememberer's quest and there is a mini dungeon, which is awesome and better than the tree which have slanted platforms.
    Mixed Golems: I personally disliked them. They were good exp and all, but they caused great damage on me and I was losing money for unknown causes. Also, they are boring with magic claw. However, I still recommend them though.
    Zombie Lupins: I liked them. Your magic claw can hit the platform above you, therefore they are good. There are also teleporters on the side of the map to bring you to the top. Good drops too. But their bananas are slightly annoying.

You can basically train at the monsters when you are 1 or 2 levels lower than them. Stay as long as you think that the exp is fast, if not, just move on. Equipment wise, just wear anything you get. But I suggest that you get a level 28 wand.
    [Will hopefully expand this in the future.]

2nd Job Advancement:
    Coming soon, I hope.

This format seems familiar, lol.

So far the things I'm not sure of are why you hold off MP boost for so long. At the low levels you certainly won't need Magic Armor that desperately that you can't hold it off for three levels for MP boost.

Otherwise I'll be interested in seeing what comes later.

Also, because this format looks so familiar...lol

I will warn you that typing as extensively as you are will take a while to write! I wish you luck and hope you can finish the endeavor, as SEA is going to need some serious help. Big Bang is confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aberrence View Post
    This format seems familiar, lol.

So far the things I'm not sure of are why you hold off MP boost for so long. At the low levels you certainly won't need Magic Armor that desperately that you can't hold it off for three levels for MP boost.

Otherwise I'll be interested in seeing what comes later.

Also, because this format looks so familiar...lol

I will warn you that typing as extensively as you are will take a while to write! I wish you luck and hope you can finish the endeavor, as SEA is going to need some serious help. Big Bang is confusing.
    It's probably just my personal preference and experiences, but I'd do that too.

At lower levels (at least when I play), mages don't really need to use Magic Guard. Increasing max MP only allows a mage to either cast more before potting, use pots which heal larger amounts or, with higher levels of Magic Guard, survive longer. Increasing defence, even if only by 20, reduces the touch damage quite a bit when you're getting hit for 50 damage.

And because I'm so unsure about what I just typed, I'm going to make a mage on the weekend.