Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: bulmabriefs144

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Just by myself, however, selfish traits take over. Although a very strong part of me would prefer to fix things on my own, I might need some help in this area because the very nature of the problem is my self.

So yea, you definitely should blame me. But I'd also still like your input.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
    Some ppl need to get a life.

http://behindthewall.msnbc.msn.com/_...reet?gt1=43001

If a kid can drive, and the parents own the car, and supervise, what's really wrong with letting them drive?

Back in pre-industrial America, somewhere between the early 1900s to 1920s or so, in rural areas, not only was it often allowed on small farms, but needed. If the dad gets sick while the mom is away, shouldn't the kid be able to drive a car over to the doctor's to get help? Phones weren't as prevalent. Sure now you can call people today on the cellphone but ironically our cellphone prevalence has led to an absence of homephones, so if you're in a dead zone or battery's low, it might be quicker to just rush over.

"Those poor children" who are getting the chance to drive early. I put off for a year because I thought I wasn't ready. It just meant one less year of driving and that I was worse than people my age. There are terrible drivers on the road, shouldn't we be training kids younger?
    Cuz american kids're stupid. Why mentally? Kid's learning is like 6 times ours. It's not that hard a skill either, gas to speed up, brake to slow, turning is intuitive, and parallel parking is often unnecessary so the only guesswork is understanding signs. Give up our stupid manual transmission and it's even easier. I'd agree psychologically, but not mentally.

Even back in the 1980s, it was still more or less the way of things. You'd have farms not really to the extent of rural 1920s but they at least had the ****ing sense to build farms well back from roads. And people's lawns? They'd have back yards that went into woods area. Not today. Now we have farms crossing into public streets and/or major highways, basically everything gridded into nice neat squares of road. You can thank Walmart for this, "let's develop rural land, take away their livelihood, make them dependent on our goods, and then skip town when there's no local business left." No wonder we now have super-crowded lands with no privacy, general recession, and a deep disconnect for nature in general. I'm not liking these "low prices."

Holy crap, I just found out Tesi knows nothing about the 80s cause he's younger than me.
    Mentally, as in it's too hard for them to learn because the knowledge is so complex that they need to be a certain age. I doubt that's the case.

Psychologically, as in coming to grips with the frightening experience of random ppl zooming at them (particularly trucks), inclement weather conditions (ice and snow), mountain and night driving. This is doable from a learning perspective but it may very well traumatize little kids.

On the other hand, backwoods driving for kids? Np, legalize it.

Tone down the "people do wat dey want" **** already. Some rules exist for damn good reasons. When it gets to the point that I'm saying it, you've gone too far.

Spoiler!

Oh man, this whole thread.

Bulma's posts seem like someone who was trolling so long they became the troll and then forgot they were trolling, and are now stuck living as a troll forever.

Will Bulma ever be a real boy(girl? I don't follow) again? More at 11.

(Oh, Bulma accepts it, that's different then. Still, interesting thread, interesting thread)
    Last edited by pyrofyr; 4th September 2011 at 01:07 PM.
    Gone with the wind

Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post

Tone down the "people do wat dey want" **** already. Some rules exist for damn good reasons. When it gets to the point that I'm saying it, you've gone too far.

Absolutely, laws should be followed. But what I'm talking about is not the rule itself.

The situation shouldn't exist where the reason becomes a problem, i.e. children living on farms away from city streets should be able to drive, because it's more or less their own private property and telling people (children or not) they can't drive within the confines of their own land is like someone coming to your house and telling you that you can't be nude. It does exist, because people have allowed their property to become sandwiched by opening up to consumerism.

End point, parents should mind their own business, because it was their very desire to have iced mochas, wifi connections, and mini golf within reach that drove things to where it's unsafe even for a teenager to practice driving the first time as right outside their driveway comes someone at 60+ mph on a major highway.

my 78 year old grandfather bought a manual car

of course he's German so it doesn't really count

I drive a manual car. It's so much fun! :3
    Quote Originally Posted by BarelyAwake View Post
    This thread quickly turned into who all wants to sex up Merciless.

So Tesi, the point I usually make (except when I contradict myself) is not "people shouldn't be forced to obey laws" but rather "laws shouldn't exist because laws are a symptom of inadequacies in society." When there isn't enough to eat, or wear, or whatever, people steal. When people do things to each other that drive them to murder, people kill. Must they steal or kill? Probably not. But it's this choice that creates laws. I was at Taco Bell last week and they had no sauce anywhere so I took it from a nearby table. Had they put it somewhere that didn't involve asking at the counter, I wouldn't have stolen it.

And manual cars are not the suck. But some European countries have nothing but manual transmission. That's the suck.

Laws exist because we don't live in a utopia. There is no such thing as a perfect society because there is no such thing as a society full of people that will always be morally good and never do something wrong or stupid. Rules and laws are there for a reason. The whole base of society is work for what you need. Everyone needs to work to survive. Even if it seems some people work less and get more, it doesn't matter. People must work if they want to survive and stealing is taking away from those that have worked. Murder is something completely different. That is a crime. Taking the life of an innocent person is something no one has the right to do.

Your connection via Taco Bell was not stealing. In no way is that even remotely close. The customers are free to grab hot sauce for their food. No one is stopping them. I would call it a victimless crime but it's not even a crime. It was just stupid.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

You guys should see my cousins house. He has one of those huge ice cream containers full of hot sauce that they took from taco bell

BuckshotEye-8x Cannoneer
    Destresation- 8x Aran
    [05-06, 19:18] Tesiqurasa: jitenp is hot <----took you long enough

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Absolutely, laws should be followed. But what I'm talking about is not the rule itself.

The situation shouldn't exist where the reason becomes a problem, i.e. children living on farms away from city streets should be able to drive, because it's more or less their own private property and telling people (children or not) they can't drive within the confines of their own land is like someone coming to your house and telling you that you can't be nude. It does exist, because people have allowed their property to become sandwiched by opening up to consumerism.

End point, parents should mind their own business, because it was their very desire to have iced mochas, wifi connections, and mini golf within reach that drove things to where it's unsafe even for a teenager to practice driving the first time as right outside their driveway comes someone at 60+ mph on a major highway.
    First of all, the video you gave as an initial topic was of a VERY young child driving in a metropolitan area. You wrote this immediately afterward: "If a kid can drive, and the parents own the car, and supervise, what's really wrong with letting them drive?" That's one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. There was no talk about private, rural land at this point.

Secondly, the example you gave is missing a massive point. Being nude in the privacy of your own home does not put you in serious, direct physical danger. Driving a car does. I understand letting a ~13yo learn to drive on private land. A 4-5 year old is a completely different story.

If you really choose to further argue that young children should be allowed to drive, then I'm just going to put you on ignore. Your **** has gone too far.

Spoiler!

If you were in the middle of a completely flat patch of land that stretches for a 100m radius, and the car isn't an SUV or anything else with a high center of mass, then there I won't see a problem of letting a kid drive, assuming the kid can reach the pedals.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100