Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: bulmabriefs144

Blue bird of friendliness penguinzrock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
    So Tesi, the point I usually make (except when I contradict myself) is not "people shouldn't be forced to obey laws" but rather "laws shouldn't exist because laws are a symptom of inadequacies in society." When there isn't enough to eat, or wear, or whatever, people steal. When people do things to each other that drive them to murder, people kill. Must they steal or kill? Probably not. But it's this choice that creates laws. I was at Taco Bell last week and they had no sauce anywhere so I took it from a nearby table. Had they put it somewhere that didn't involve asking at the counter, I wouldn't have stolen it.

And manual cars are not the suck. But some European countries have nothing but manual transmission. That's the suck.

bulma's point?:
    I think there shouldn't be laws because laws mean we're not perfect.
    If we get rid of laws we could be perfect.
    Hate is easy; love takes courage.
    2/1/2010 - supalim becomes first to ever download an entire yobibyte of internet pizza
    PENGUINZ 4 MOD 2012!

Yea right, havoc will be created. Buildings get burned down, people start practicing cannibalism.

Little kids in general shouldnt be allowed to drive. I dont care if they are in the middle of no where or in a packed city street. You know those warnings they give on the things the block the sun. they say " CHILDREN UNDER 12 SHOULD NOT BE IN THE PASSENGER SEAT.THEY CAN GET HURT FROM AIRBAGS" Im 15 and the only time ive ever driven was when i was 13 and on a motorcycle in my grandpa's land(hes somehwat rich so he has a lot of land around his house idk) I had a helmet, pads, my uncle sitting behind me and i was on a dirt road. 18 year old drivers arent trusted and get in so many accidents. WTF MAKES U THINK THAT A 4 YEAR OLD SHOULD

BuckshotEye-8x Cannoneer
    Destresation- 8x Aran
    [05-06, 19:18] Tesiqurasa: jitenp is hot <----took you long enough

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jitenp View Post
    Little kids in general shouldnt be allowed to drive. I dont care if they are in the middle of no where or in a packed city street. You know those warnings they give on the things the block the sun. they say " CHILDREN UNDER 12 SHOULD NOT BE IN THE PASSENGER SEAT.THEY CAN GET HURT FROM AIRBAGS" Im 15 and the only time ive ever driven was when i was 13 and on a motorcycle in my grandpa's land(hes somehwat rich so he has a lot of land around his house idk) I had a helmet, pads, my uncle sitting behind me and i was on a dirt road. 18 year old drivers arent trusted and get in so many accidents. WTF MAKES U THINK THAT A 4 YEAR OLD SHOULD
    It's one of three things.

1. Bulma simply wasn't thinking about the implications of allowing children to drive. She made a statement, but instead of pulling back, kept pushing on.
    2. Bulma said it knowing people would flip out. Problem is, she's gotten so used to saying this crap that she actually starts to believe it herself.
    3. She's just really ****ing stupid.

Spoiler!

ITT: Bulma shows she's never studied child development
    Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    I was conceived around 4-5am.

There should be a limit to laws, but Bulma seems to be taking it a bit too far.

You see, laws without purpose have no place in any group that considers themselves 'fair'. Laws that are made solely for the purpose of shaping people, or restricting freedom is usually wrong.

I've firmly been a believer that laws should do all they can to stop abuse without preventing use. In any situation. Furthermore they should account for:
    1)The possibilities of an exception. Should all kids drive at 14? No. Are there possibly some kids that are so good at it that it could be their life mission, maybe they're NASCAR material, should you stop them? What if you need ****s for an important medical test, but these ****s are 'illegal'.
    2)The possibilities of people doing it anyway. Just because you say Jay-walking is bad because yes indeed, someone CAN be hurt, doesn't mean that people won't do it. If you make things like marijuana illegal with very little actual reasoning other than 'slippery slope', people will not believe in your law and will do it anyway, this leads to a slippery slope in trust with the law-creating body, and it also leads to other laws exactly like the first prohibiting things with very little reason.

Laws don't have to be bad, in fact laws shouldn't be bad, they should be a good thing, but laws should almost never be seen as a 'rule' and more as a 'guideline'. You should never lie, but if there is a good reason, go for it. The problem with exception by good reason is who determines if a reason is good enough or not. If you're jaywalking because you have to save your daughter by bringing her this medicine and she'll die if you don't get there in time and the crosswalk is a long way down the road and there is no time, then a car comes down the road speeding and it's a 16yo girl, she swirves and dies, but you save your daughter. I bet you no matter what you say that mother of the 16yo girl won't find your reason 'good'.

Another problem I have with laws is how a lot of people try and mistake morals for laws, they have nothing to do with each other. Morals and ethics are something you make and we might have many in common and we can indeed set down a definition that most people will agree are a good set of morals, but a good deal of the time these may not agree with the law.

I've never done ****s and never intend to, but I must come back again to marijuana, there's no good reason for the law, and alcohol is damn proof of that. Given the facts as proven by scientists I'm sure most would agree that marijuana should be legal, but not in more than certain amounts. Growing it and selling it should be maintained because of it's danger (Pfft even at it's dangerous levels/time it's not exactly going to kill you) much the same as alcohol, sans age limits (I'll get to that too), because face it, it's no more dangerous.

You would like to think parents know what's best for their kids but how many kids are in orphanages because their parents just didn't want them, how many parents abuse their kids, how many kids end up ****ed up because of their parents, how many parents are just terrible people in general, it makes you wonder, why does this fact that they birthed me long ago mean that they 'own' me until 18 years of age. I know 12yos with more ****ing common sense than their parents or many adults, and it makes me just wonder, why, what makes it so ****ing special. If there was a way to determine maturity, and responsibility for oneself, kids should be administered such a test every year since 12, but since there isn't it'll just have to do as is. I doubt every kid is going to go out and get ****faced if they can buy alcohol at 12, some do, yeah, but those are the same kids who are doing it at 18 or 21, so really, who gives a flying ****, alcoholism being so common is just proof that adults are no more better, but that's a common problem in America. Tell someone they can't do something or see it or know **** about it until they're X age, but make it seem so ****ing cool in the media, so that when they're X age they can't get enough!

Sex in America? Nope, don't show breasts, don't show anything, that's like a sin or something, then they wonder why people go sex crazy once they can get some. High Schools are nothing more than 'who's ****ing who' gossip centers.

edit: Maybe I took it a bit too far too. Whatever man. Utopian societies don't exist yet, but I can't wait.
    Gone with the wind

Blue bird of friendliness penguinzrock's Avatar

can you guys stop referring to bulma as a she

he is a male
    Hate is easy; love takes courage.
    2/1/2010 - supalim becomes first to ever download an entire yobibyte of internet pizza
    PENGUINZ 4 MOD 2012!

Ugh.... Bulma wants to be referred as a she, though we all know that he is male

Well thanks for clarifying that, why does bulma want to be called a girl?
    Gone with the wind

Should I answer that??? Well i dont know why he would want to referred as a girl

this post is not here