Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: bulmabriefs144

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

I'm sorry you had to get dragged into this White Mage. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if you got upset with me (I know this because the one time you actually did, and yourself lectured me, it felt like I'd been kicking some old grandmother. i.e. not fun unless you're into S&M).

And honestly, no offense, but I disagree with a lot of your personal views, but I can relate you your expereinces and why you would think the way you do. You're a nice person at heart, but that's a terrible thing apparantly.

Also I ****ing hate being spoken for, And the entire forum is on this 'WE ALL WANT U GON LOL' Mentality, And some of us don't. At least I don't, If we're going to conduct ourselves like adults, or tell others to do so, I figure we should at least be as impartial as possible. Being vocal, rude and disliking someone is one thing, I've done it to people on here a few times, but forcing people out of the forum is ****ing despicable and terrible, especially when those same people disliked the idea of the lynch mobs that apparently happened oh so long ago.

I speak of course of quotes like:

Quote Originally Posted by pyrofyr View Post
    After 2 years of it online we can't stand it anymore,
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinzrock View Post

If you're a gigantic nuisance to the forum, stop posting for our sakes.
    Quit it.
    Last edited by White Mage Abyss; 7th September 2011 at 08:32 PM.

Blue bird of friendliness penguinzrock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by White Mage Abyss View Post
    Hey

Hey

People react differently to different things.

If someone is so consistently one way they're probably not going to change. I really like bulma and Identify with some of her problems, but I see why you're all angry as well. I don't however see how you're angry about it so often. If you see a few posts you don't like, ignore the person, problem solved. Instead, everyone needs to bash this person several times a week when we could be discussing something cool or important. Everyone is so hell bent on hating X poster or being mad for Y Reason, how about we all buck up, cheer up and move on. If we drove out every member we didn't like we'd all eventually be gone after awhile. And you have to realize, not every person dislikes X Poster, so this "Learn Or Leave" Bull**** really pisses me off.
    It's not even about this anymore.
    If you were tired of "hey heres my opinion or blatantly unrelated experience" in every god damn thread, wouldn't you be just a little annoyed?
    I give everyone a clean slate with every post, but bulma consistently derails threads with just the nature of his posts.
    It's not even about content anymore. Every thread bulma posts in with some kind of bizarre "well according to cross-dressing and anime" suddenly becomes about how that post made zero sense.
    kaglover1 is another example. Her posts lack any sort of social context, and disregard any subtle social cues or leads. However, hers are much easier to put on ignore, no interest attached, because kaglover1 has no idea what the hell she's posting.
    bulma, on the other hand, tries to insert himself, try as he might, into every thread he posts in. Every damn quirky, controversial aspect of himself is present in the threads he posts in.
    His posts beg the question, if you will. They're provocative. Not in the sense that you get angry after reading them, but provocative in that they naturally make people want to ask questions about them. These questions are all fine and well, but they belong in PMs, not in the same thread.
    This, however, is not a fault upon the questioners' parts, it is a fault upon bulma. When your posts start garnering a million offtopic posts in the threads you participate in, is when you ought to stop being a damn attention-craving child.
    I've said before, I have absolutely zero qualms with bulma's actual tendencies (cross-dressing, identifying with gays, reading anime all day; there's nothing wrong with that). But once he starts complaining about it, or drawing attention to how strange he is, is when I have a problem.

Think of it this way. Were bulma to be the exact same person, but instead of complaining about how life mistreats a poor unfortunate soul such as him, he made posts that actually contributed to discussion, I'd be a-okay with this. But no. All I've seen from bulma are posts about how:
    • Men are a vile and disgusting gender, who ought to be abhorred and feared due to their sexuality
    • People relate to gays but not to cross-dressers
    • Anime is a good, realistic example for everything
    • Women hate gays
    • Too much is expected of men because of gender-based social standards, but nothing is expected of women
    • It's okay to be disruptively different and strange "as long as it works for you"
    • This includes being noticeably whiny and difficult to be around
    • bulma can't do the things bulma wants because bulma can't change

I haven't seen a single post from bulma in a thread that had some sort of normal feel to it, like "oh hey today i threw out my back lifting this heavy thing man was i tired"
    Instead, I see a post like that with unrequited sentiment attached, "oh hey today i threw out my back because the man expects so much of me. curse my male body, oh how cruel fate has plagued me. here's an extended rant about how unfair it is for me to be a man."
    And then after countless posts telling bulma, "hey, you can change. you're not painted into a corner by the world. you can keep things to yourself sometimes. you're not alone. if you stop complaining people will like you. being different is okay, but being different to the point of self-vicitimization and fatalism is not."
    But he continues to bluntly disregard any and all good sentiment.
    Hate is easy; love takes courage.
    2/1/2010 - supalim becomes first to ever download an entire yobibyte of internet pizza
    PENGUINZ 4 MOD 2012!

Oh I absolutely know WHY you're mad, I also realize that you've been dealing with this frustration for years. But what I don't get is that after several years of this behavior that you personally dislike, that you'd either:

A) Be able to tune it out.
    or
    B) Click the Ignore Button if you absolutely have to.

What I'm mad about is that everyone feels the need to speak for absolutely everyone, when there are at least a few people who don't feel this way. Everyone feels it's right to make someone feel not welcome, even if they're somewhat annoying. I go through fits of Ignoring Kaglover, Because quite frankly some of her posts make me want to smash my face against a brick wall repetitively. Yet, I don't go around waving a KAG GET THE OUT flag in every thread she posts in. I disagree, and I deal with it. I'm just one person, I'll just cater to my own problem with that person.

Also, some of Bulma's opinions of those said things have absolutely offended me, I share most of those tendencies and I greatly disagree with a lot of her views, but still, I'm not having a 'Get out' Flag. I can deal with it, I guess. But Like I said, Everyone reacts to stuff differently, this is proof of it. I can take all of these 'awful' posts just fine. But some can't. Likewise, you guys should realize she can't deal with her problems the way you guys can.

I understand some people are upset about threads being derailed, if everyone did their part and didn't draw attention to it it'd be fine. I understand some people find that unfair, that they'd have to act a special way towards something, but this is a public forum for ****s sake. You won't like everyone.
    Last edited by White Mage Abyss; 7th September 2011 at 09:00 PM.

It'd be an enormous lie to say I was worried about new members jumping on bulma. So I'm just going to reclarify that when I refer to "we" collectively, I refer to just those members who share my opinion.

I care about bulma. I want him to be happy. So you can see why it's frustrating to see the same complaints week after week... from bulma. Then how frustrating it is to see how casually he blows off any advice I or anyone else may have to offer.

EDIT: I do not argue with bulma in the threads he posts in, only here.
    Last edited by penguinzrock; 7th September 2011 at 09:15 PM.
    2/1/2010 - supalim becomes first to ever download an entire yobibyte of internet pizza
    PENGUINZ 4 MOD 2012!

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Huh. I actually like kag too, so it's kinda weird that the people I consider friends don't like each other.

I've been told that the ignore button doesn't work for me, because the people who can't stand me, often quote me anyway. (hint: stop quoting me)

I like penguin too, and I do try to listen. It's not that I can't change, it's that part of the vicious cycle I'm in includes friends and family. Sure, I'd be alot happier if I just up and moved where people my age are, tried to fit in, etc. Heck, I'd probably be easier to be around here. What makes it a non-option is that my parents are over thirty years older than I am, and not in the best of health. They'd probably be happy to see me succeed in my life. But I'd be like "the hell point of success, if the people you care about you have to leave behind to do it." So yea, I whine. But I'd hate myself more for "being happy" the other way.
    Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 7th September 2011 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
    Huh. I actually like kag too, so it's kinda weird that the people I consider friends don't like each other.

I've been told that the ignore button doesn't work for me, because the people who can't stand me, often quote me anyway. (hint: stop quoting me)
    (hint: the people who quote you are outside of the group of people who try to ignore you. This is why it's also aggravating for those members who try to ignore you see your provocative posts draw unrelated quotes and replies in threads.)
    PENGUINZ 4 MOD 2012!

Quote Originally Posted by penguinzrock View Post
    It'd be an enormous lie to say I was worried about new members jumping on bulma. So I'm just going to reclarify that when I refer to "we" collectively, I refer to just those members who share my opinion.

I care about bulma. I want him to be happy. So you can see why it's frustrating to see the same complaints week after week... from bulma. Then how frustrating it is to see how casually he blows off any advice I or anyone else may have to offer.

EDIT: I do not argue with bulma in the threads he posts in, only here.
    Hate is easy, Love takes courage. It's your sig, From what I notice, Bulma, Kag, and any other 'problem' poster respond to postive influence better than negative. Kag grasped the concept of merchanting in MS after Tesi slowly and calmly explained to her how to do it, and she did a fair job of doing it. Assuming we all went.

KAG YOU SUCK AT MAPLESTORY QUIT FOR EVER YOU SUCK YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO DO IT THIS WAY.

I'm sure she wouldn't have learned anything, I'm not saying we should be catering to posters we get offended at, but I'm saying we should try a more balanced approach, and a more calm approach. I know for a fact you have the capacity to do it, but can we all do it?

I've tried. I've tried everything. I've tried being calm, angry, rational, irrational, serious, joking, involved, flippant, understanding, harsh, friendly, patronizing, analytical, distanced, and now finally frustrated.

I've had the courage to expect something different from bulma in every new post.
    PENGUINZ 4 MOD 2012!

I've been around hidden street a solid 5 or so years now (admittedly i rarely post but I am there) and one thing I've realised is that this place really doesn't know how to just let things go. This sub section especially, I can't fathom why it exists. It's nice to have a good debate, that's just banter..but to specifically target how someone lives their life...its just degrading and no one has the right. This thread has blown the whole bulma thing out of proportion. It's no ones place to tell him how to live, draw the line at his actions on these forums in the same way bulma needs to seperate his life experiences with what goes down here. Ignore it, move on, why set out to continually degrade someone in the hope that they'll leave? Keep things in perspective. I'm on these forums daily and I personally don't think bulma quite deserves this..
    neigh