Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: bulmabriefs144

Blue bird of friendliness penguinzrock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xEiyuux View Post
    I've been around hidden street a solid 5 or so years now (admittedly i rarely post but I am there) and one thing I've realised is that this place really doesn't know how to just let things go. This sub section especially, I can't fathom why it exists. It's nice to have a good debate, that's just banter..but to specifically target how someone lives their life...its just degrading and no one has the right. This thread has blown the whole bulma thing out of proportion. It's no ones place to tell him how to live, draw the line at his actions on these forums in the same way bulma needs to seperate his life experiences with what goes down here. Ignore it, move on, why set out to continually degrade someone in the hope that they'll leave? Keep things in perspective. I'm on these forums daily and I personally don't think bulma quite deserves this..
    The only thing I've been complaining about are his actions on the forum.
    Like I said, I have no qualms with bulma's real life actions.
    Hate is easy; love takes courage.
    2/1/2010 - supalim becomes first to ever download an entire yobibyte of internet pizza
    PENGUINZ 4 MOD 2012!

I've been around hidden street a solid 5 or so years now (admittedly i rarely post but I am there) and one thing I've realised is that this place really doesn't know how to just let things go. This sub section especially, I can't fathom why it exists. It's nice to have a good debate, that's just banter..but to specifically target how someone lives their life...its just degrading and no one has the right. This thread has blown the whole bulma thing out of proportion. It's no ones place to tell him how to live, draw the line at his actions on these forums in the same way bulma needs to seperate his life experiences with what goes down here. Ignore it, move on, why set out to continually degrade someone in the hope that they'll leave? Keep things in perspective. I'm on these forums daily and I personally don't think bulma quite deserves this..
    Much like most people in this thread, I've been a regular member since bulma came on the forum. The point people are making seems to have to be repeated and rejustified everytime someone who's missed out on the action wants to be filled in. Now a simple solution is to just read the points but let me make this clear:

1. No one cares about bulma's personal life, that's our point from the beginning. In current event threads, sports threads, game threads, the picture thread and religion threads we aren't there to discuss the topic of female hipbones.
    2. You can't ignore bulma's post. This point has been made numerous times and even in my post a page back or something. Would help if you read.

Recap: Not every topic bulma enters' a thread about bulma. This is something that bulma needs to understand. Now there are people who will take his bait and is willing to turn the thread into a "What the hell bulmadoken" thread but my question is why do we have to make it so every member ignores every post from bulma for our threads to continue to function? There is a rule to make it so a member doesn't regularly do this.

But yeah Hotsand shouldn't exist.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
    Because bulma usually isn't this angry and hurt.

In case you guys haven't noticed. I have listened to Tesi for the better part of two years or so. I've listened to everyone in this board. I try to fit in socially here (I'm socially awkward, and have trouble in this regard. I've even TOLD you I'm socially awkward and have trouble in this regard. Listening works both ways, ppl). So I try to act like the criticism doesn't affect me, and keep trying to make friends here. What do I get for it? I get snubbed, I get shut down, and I occasionally get lectured.

Now I like Tesi. But having him tell me "act like an adult" is too much (the point is not his age, but that he lectured me about something that already pisses me off). I grew up in fear and loathing of "adults", worthless people who chose their jobs over their family. I saw these shiftless people in other families (mine was a bit better, but would occasionally say this too) and wanted no part in this reality. "Sometimes being an adult means doing things you don't wanna do" while you break promises, effectively telling them your next paycheck was worth breaking off plans you as a young kid had been told for months. For me, it was being uprooted rather than broken promises, I'd finally make friends and we'd leave the scene because of my parent's job. You're not being "responsible" you're being greedy and/or afraid. I actually try to be responsible by not breaking promises to my family and friends, while still holding the job so my expression becomes "Bull! You can do anything you wanna do. Being an adult means taking responsibility for the choices you make."

So am I? To some extent, no. I've made the choice for a long time to act like criticism doesn't bother me, being outcasted doesn't hurt my feelings. It kinda does. I want to make friends here, you want me to "listen or leave." I'm sure you can see a conflict of interests. What am I supposed to be listening to anyway?

I apologize, Tesiqurasa. But not to some of the people in the forum.
    I understand why you'd feel hurt by this, but realize that in order to learn some things, you have to be uncomfortable. That's the key to developing new schemata. When something in your world makes you consistently uncomfortable, a well-adjusted person will figure out why this is happening and gradually alter him/herself and his/her surroundings. I don't mean "adult" in your personal connotation of the word. I mean "adult" in the developmental sense. That's something everyone needs to do in order to function effectively in society. You've already shown a desire to do so, but do not want to take the necessary steps. We just can't have the best of all worlds. If you're not willing to give up a child-like view of the world (your choice, btw), you can't reasonably complain about being socially outcast.

Yes, the world sucks. Lots of people suck. All of this talk about being different and you still have to compare yourself to the failures in the world? You're not them unless you make yourself them. If you're willing to change, I don't want you to leave. I'd like it to go back to casual back-and-forth argument. However, sometimes you have to reject people you care about in order to help them. I just wish it wouldn't get to that point

Spoiler!

If Bulma was a bad person and we didn't like him to some extent we wouldn't be doing this, we'd let him be an ignorant idiot and move on with our lives.

The fact that so many people chimed in just means that a lot of people actually care enough to want him to see the error of his ways and grow as a person.

P.S. Hot Sands shouldn't exist? Are you insane?! Hot Sands is where it's at.
    Gone with the wind

Bulma backfired :O Just because Tesi is well knowledged on everything. You could say he could be the father of HS. And Bulma don't just say stuff like that...

Phoneix, I don't see how you can submit so easily to saying you cant ignore bulmas posts. That's completely ridiculous, of course you can. No one is asking anyone to read what he says. You've gone and said I need to read but you missed the point completely of my post. With the exception of penguinz, tesi and a few others (including yourself) people ARE relating his personal life to his posts. Threads function regardless.

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

Apologies for the double post, on my phone at the mo and can't click the edit button. Wanted to add that the 'been around a while' part was just to justify why i'm here in case I got people asking 'who are you, what do you know' A lot of you are taken down a level in result of kags posts? You said yourself you don't kind kag...what's different there? The concept is the same - posts with information in you could do with brushing past. Can't understand what's difficult in it.[COLOR="Silver"]
    Last edited by xEiyuux; 8th September 2011 at 09:45 PM.
    neigh

Blue bird of friendliness penguinzrock's Avatar

kag doesn't fully grasp the concept of the english language nor does she understand even simple social interactions... or sarcasm or silliness.
    it's easy to ignore her the same way you'd ignore a 5 year-old
    Hate is easy; love takes courage.
    2/1/2010 - supalim becomes first to ever download an entire yobibyte of internet pizza
    PENGUINZ 4 MOD 2012!

Yeh that's fair enough. But its easy not to retaliate to bulma too. Kag; posts with misinformation, unfunny jokes, trolls....they all require the same thinking process to make it non existent. I guess some are after a bit of drama more than others. Don't get me wrong, your posts are completely justified, its the ones that home in on bulma's life and retaliate to his own comments about them
    neigh

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

While you might lurk, it's obvious that you've missed a good chunk of the drama. This thread is just a collection of the "final" arguments regarding previous issues. I don't think anyone has a problem with how Bulma lives her life; the problem is that she brings it up in nearly every post, and will make rather outrageous claims seemingly for the sake of being outrageous. I'm getting sick of the "just ignore it" comments though. Rather or not you want to, it's all but impossible to just shut someone out completely. Bulma is not a generic troll out to get attention. She's outright said that she wants to seek some amount of companionship and advice, but that's not obtained by knowingly avoiding social cues.

I've said it once and I'll say it again. If I ignored someone every time things got heated, there'd be no active forumers left to talk to. That's an awful, temporary solution.

Spoiler!

I'm not in any way trying to justify bulma's actions. Ok, so I guess the ignore solution is not the option of choice here. I just don't understand this incredible amount of concentrated hate and endless attempts at demoralising this person. How in any way is that going to help? There are anumber of posts here that deliver their point about bulma very well, and although denying it outright its unlikely he is going to reduce it to nothing. And it seems that in the cases where that happens people go so low as to target his lifestyle. I may indeed have missed a hearty chunk of time here, but no one deserves that. If he doesn't take the advice, move on or if its got to that stage, ban him? Anything beyond those methods is unnecessary and anyone with a piece of sense will know that it will go nowhere. That's why I never understood this subsection. Empty house, fine. Hot sands...why bother? There is an equivalent in real life...and if makes you feel like you've achieved whatnot then you know somethings wrong...
    neigh