Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: bulmabriefs144

While I disagree with a lot of her views on a few things, mainly the most recent thing that has come up. And her general sense of timing, I really don't hate bulma at all, I kinda respect her for being a bit more experienced with things than I.

Every discussion had with bulma is either contradictory, ignorant or blind to facts. I mean good god every time you think his argument has been squashed he comes back a month later spouting the same ****.

hi

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
    I guess it's never occurred to you some men don't want to be considered the dominant ones. Here's an experiment we had in a youth group vacation with innertubes, where everyone lined up, and held on to the people in front of them, and whoever was chosen that time led. Guess what the lesson of the day was? "Are you really leading, or are you being pushed?"

Being dominant means you get blamed for every bit of crap that comes along (yes, such as rape, it is true to that it's naturally easier for men to be rapists, but men can in fact be blackmailed or otherwise coerced into sex they don't want by women). Also, it isn't that you're allowed to be leader, you're expected to lead. If you don't become successful, you become a freak (trust me, I know). These great authorities you think are keeping men in their place are really just chains of another sort, but most men are just afraid to speak out about it because they get bashed by others along the lines of "you have everything, what the hell more do you want?"

To give it all up, and let other people have these stupid expectations foisted on them.
    Er...is that a derail of the argument that derailed the thread?
    I don't even understand the main point of this response as it pertains to the previous argument.

Spoiler!

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Er...is that a derail of the argument that derailed the thread?
    That's the beauty of it. If left alone for long enough I can contradict myself, and then contradict my contradiction, thus "proving" my original point.

Seriously, I can't manage to remember the last time I actually got upset with WhiteMage. Penguin on the other hand, meh, just fifteen minutes ago, probably.

Was this a new thread or did someone necro it based on something I've said or done lately? I wasn't paying attention.
    Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 2nd July 2011 at 10:02 AM.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Please pay attention. It's kind of rude in some situations...

Spoiler!

its not necroing if its relevant
    hi

Hmmmm... okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    Using an example (and don't uselessly take this out of context, please).
    A painter (you) sits down to paint a landscape to show his friends back home. He wants to show them a view of his current position, and wants it to feel real.
    He gets the basic structure of the painting set up. The main focal points have been marked, and he has started to add some detail.
    A bush blows into view, and so his attention catches on that. He decides to focus in on the moving bush, so he paints it in several spots across the canvas.
    A flock of birds flies in, and so the painter draws a large bird in the top of the painting.
    A small rainstorm starts and makes strange water marks on a patch of grass. Ignoring the rest of the uninteresting rain, the painter exaggerates the marks on the grass, and paints them across the whole canvas.
    As the rain clears, his attention is caught by a glistening tree in the background. He then draws the tree in the foreground, and makes it the large focal point.

The painting definitely has meaning to the painter. Some would argue that it is a great work of abstract art. I'm not going to deny that in any way.

The problem is that the painter set out to do a realistic landscape to show his friends. His work has little concrete significance to anyone besides himself. Unless he takes the time to explain his thought process, no one will understand it. Even if he does explain, they will not have the same experiences as him, and will likely take their own stance on the painting.
    For some reason, I really, really, really like this analogy. Only, if the analogy were truly correct, I think even the first version with all the focal points mapped out would strike people as bizarre. Wait, I think I actually have a sample of some of my art (holdon). This is actually alot like I draw.

I drew this on like the back of a paper in a restaurant for some fundraiser. Some jackass was being self-important, so I started sketching... Tree, sunset, clouds, lake (to the right), rain, mountains, and geyser. Perspective and focal realities are totally screwed up.

Interesting fact about this painting, the rain, the clouds, and the shadows of objects are composed of a gibberish script I came up with years ago (I was a weird teenager too).
    Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 2nd July 2011 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    Please pay attention. It's kind of rude in some situations...
    This, It was kinda hurtful to just disregard everything, I imagine your memory must be fuzzy, at least from what I've been gathering, but If you made the quick effort to scan through stuff everyone would win.

Sorry. It's not that I don't remember, it's that I have had roughly 5 or six HotSand threads about me, and short of reading straight on from page one (I usually pop in somewhere near the middle somehow), it's hard for me to know what's new and what's not. I read page 2 and 3, and still didn't figure it out. That's not so much paying attention, as sorta randomly picking what to talk about and overlooking other details. As far as the most recent discussion about myself, the whole no homo thread, I'd rather not say so much (I've talked alot about it anyway).

As far as the first post of "no homo" if that's what you're talking about, yeah I didn't read much of that. I tried to relate some of what he was talking about to my own experiences, and got sidetracked by some weird "men's rights" debate. Now's a good time.
    Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 2nd July 2011 at 11:32 AM.