Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HS Ban Blotter

Default HS Ban Blotter

To avoid continuous questioning (and confusion) regarding account and IP bans, I've decided to create a list of banned members from here on out. Bots and the like will not be announced here, obviously.

Staff: Feel free to edit this as you wish.

User | Date | Ban Type | Reason
    Poisonous / 5/6/2011 / Ban / Spam
    Poisonous / 5/7/2011 / Permanent IP ban / Evading ban

How do you evade a ban?
    by Cryopon

Quote Originally Posted by rasudoken View Post
    How do you evade a ban?
    Iirc, using different IPs, starting new accounts, stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
    Iirc, using different IPs, starting new accounts, stuff like that.
    Hmm, I assumed that where it says "Evading Ban", Poipoi was evading the ban and was still able to use his account. I also don't understand how using different IPs can help you evade it when the account itself is banned.
    by Cryopon

Quote Originally Posted by rasudoken View Post
    Hmm, I assumed that where it says "Evading Ban", Poipoi was evading the ban and was still able to use his account. I also don't understand how using different IPs can help you evade it when the account itself is banned.
    By "different IPs" I mean starting new accounts on different IPs, but ask someone who knows more than me for more accurate information.

Poisonous initially was only account banned due to spam, but he logged on with a different account ('hipster band 20' or something). Typical loser activities. That warranted the IP ban, which could be evaded simply by changing IPs or using a proxy. If anyone is a big enough loser to do that, then we have a nice team of admins and moderators to keep things at bay.

it's too bad he wasn't hiding behind 7 proxies

Poisonous has been bypassing and evading everything this forum could possibly throw at he/she/it.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

It's silly. A Google search returns anything he was doing (blank posting, bypassing, etc). If you love wasting time to garner attention from faceless internet people, good for you, but don't do it here. We'll have another Poipoi soon, loser *ssholes are an internets abundance. Anyway, talking about him only feeds into the attention he loves. We'll miss him, but he's gone off the deep end.

Quote Originally Posted by turles View Post
    It's silly. A Google search returns anything he was doing (blank posting, bypassing, etc). If you love wasting time to garner attention from faceless internet people, good for you, but don't do it here. We'll have another Poipoi soon, loser *ssholes are an internets abundance. Anyway, talking about him only feeds into the attention he loves. We'll miss him, but he's gone off the deep end.
    So he was a bad member? I always thought Poisonous was cool. Didn't know he did all this...Everyone seemed to ignore it.