Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Complete guide.

Energy Charge before Mastery? That's new. Only ever seen that type of thing on Sins and NWs. Maybe there's something new with TBs?

You could also do more with explanations. Explain why Energy Blast is not needed? Explain that Shockwave is not maxed because of it's inability to be used effectively on uneven terrain?
    The idea is to guide someone through the creation of a certain class, not to recount what you did.

On top of that, this is only really a complete SP guide. There's no mention of training areas, equipment, capping DEX based on funding, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by White Mage Abyss View Post
    Accuracy is as potent as defense now.
    Defence is much more potent than accuracy. It actually does something in massive amounts, unlike accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by DlPSHl7 View Post
    You could also do more with explanations. Explain why Energy Blast is not needed? Explain that Shockwave is not maxed because of it's inability to be used effectively on uneven terrain?

The idea is to guide someone through the creation of a certain class, not to recount what you did.

Defence is much more potent than accuracy. It actually does something in massive amounts, unlike accuracy.
    I absolutely agree with you about the guide part, But I still say most defense comes from % lowering abilities rather than actual solid defense numbers.

I absolutely agree with you about the guide part, But I still say most defense comes from % lowering abilities rather than actual solid defense numbers.
    That's true. The defence difference between me using a 1H and 2H sword is about 4000 from memory. That takes off 800 damage at most (from Crockies, when I run through them. Could be more, but that's the most I've seen). Compare that to the miss rate of an archer, with a several hundred accuracy, and a warrior with 150 accuracy on Zakum. They both have zero, and no matter how much more accuracy the archer gets nothing else is going to change.

But that takes thousands of defence. Just having Powerguard cuts damage by much more.

Quote Originally Posted by 00p00 View Post
    even if you're missing 100% on snails?
    This is a dumb question. If your in 1st job and ur missing snails, there is something severly screwed up with ur char

BuckshotEye-8x Cannoneer
    Destresation- 8x Aran
    [05-06, 19:18] Tesiqurasa: jitenp is hot <----took you long enough

Quote Originally Posted by jitenp View Post
    This is a dumb question. If your in 1st job and ur missing snails, there is something severly screwed up with ur char
    That is called Hyperbole, stop being dumb.

I created a Thunder Breaker a few days ago and I followed a guide pre big bang (I didn't realize it was) and now I'm pretty sure I ****ed up. My dex/str is correct, but I've maxed Quick Motion and Somersault so far, with 5 into Straight and 1 in Lightning. Is there any SP resets you can get in quests and stuff? I guess now since everyone is saying Quick Motion is useless, I should just max Lightning and Dash too...
    any info/ideas to help me?
    J3><
    I don't play anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by Jex View Post
    I created a Thunder Breaker a few days ago and I followed a guide pre big bang (I didn't realize it was) and now I'm pretty sure I ****ed up. My dex/str is correct, but I've maxed Quick Motion and Somersault so far, with 5 into Straight and 1 in Lightning. Is there any SP resets you can get in quests and stuff? I guess now since everyone is saying Quick Motion is useless, I should just max Lightning and Dash too...
    any info/ideas to help me?
    If you're only level 2x, and you're sure you messed up your stats that much. Just restart.

I'm 28 and that is sooooo irritating if I actually have to...
    J3><
    I don't play anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by Jex View Post
    I'm 28 and that is sooooo irritating if I actually have to...
    Well, tell me your stats and skills and I'll help you out. 28 isn't exactily hard, I had to remake a 76 chief bandit because of big bang.

Well, tell me your stats and skills and I'll help you out. 28 isn't exactily hard, I had to remake a 76 chief bandit because of big bang.
    haha I know, you're probably right but still.
    Well I have all Str and my Dex is the same as my level (26, not 28 I made a typo haha). I maxed Quick Motion, Somersault, I have 5 into Straight and 1 in Lightning. One guide I read said to max Quick Motion, Somersault, put 11 into Straight and max Lightning (because Dash gets useless at third job).
    J3><
    I don't play anymore!