Thread: Lex's 1 ~ 120 Guide

Hybrid View

Default Lex's 1 ~ 120 Guide

================================================== ==========
    Lex's 1 ~ 120 Training Location Guide Chaos

This is a quick guide for training on monsters from levels 1 ~ 120. I will be mentioning alternatives where available and my own opinion on the locations. This guide is for any general class with no specifics. As Chaos has an updated accuracy formula I will be changing this guide based on it. Added training level recommendations because certain people may find it difficult to use their initiative.

Levels 1 ~ 10

These levels are so easy that there is no need to mention any sort of training location. Normally classes would follow their set stories, such as an Evan's farm quests and a Citizen's Edel quests. If anyone has trouble making it to level 10 I highly recommend that you stop playing Maple Story as it doesn't get easier.

~~First Job Advancement~~

Levels 10 ~ 20

Blue Ribbon Pigs (Level 13)
    Map: Beach: Blue Ribbon Beach
    Opinion: Blue Pigs are wonderful exp as their spawn is brilliant and the map is fairly flat. You'll rarely find it completely empty in terms of spawn.
    Recommenced level to train: 10 ~ 20

Job/Story Quests
    As some Job/Story Quests go on and on and on and on they level you up so you pass these levels.

Mushmom (Level 15)
    Map: Singing Mushroom Forest: Mushmom Forest Trail
    Opinion: Mushmom is in it's own specific portal now, one which you can only enter once an hour, making training on them not really worthwhile. If you're in the area, give it a kill.
    Recommended level to train: 10 ~ 12+. 10 if you're well funded with items and 12 if you're not.

Blue Mushmom (Level 18)
    Map: Singing Mushroom Forest: Blue Mushmom Forest
    Opinion: Blue Mushmom doesn't have it's own monster portal so it remains spammable and still very nice leveling early on. I'd presume it's more popular now as Mushmom has got a monster portal in place. Lesser populated worlds with more channels would be favourable
    Recommended level to train: 13 ~ 15+. 13 if you're well funded with items and 15 if you're not.

Rotting Skeleton (Level 20)
    Map: Haunted House: Chimney Possessed by the Skeletons
    Opinion: Due to the new accuracy formula it's an option early on. I don't see the point in these chaps with Mushmoms as an option though. High mobility classes would be better here.
    Recommended level to train: 17+

Levels 20 ~ 30

Blue Mushmom (Level 18)
    Map: Singing Mushroom Forest: Blue Mushmom Forest
    Opinion: Blue Mushmom is still very good at this level. It'll be taking slightly longer than 2 kills to level up though.
    Recommended level to train: 13 ~ 15+. 13 if you're well funded with items and 15 if you're not.

Zombie Mushmom (Level 23)
    Map: Singing Mushroom Forest: Zombie Mushmom Hill
    Opinion: Like with Blue Mushmom, Zombie Mushmom has no monster portal, making it very nice training to 2nd Job. Not as hunted as Blue Mushmom, but still relatively popular. Lesser populated worlds with more channels would be favourable.
    Recommended level to train: 18 ~ 21+. 18 if you're well funded with items and 21 if you're not.

Mixed Golems (Level 26)
    Map: Golem's Temple: Golem's Castle Ruins (Mini Dungeon)
    Opinion: Very nice map, especially if you can hit two platforms at once in first job. Very good spawn and fairly decent, frequent drops. Chances are you won't be out-killing their spawn rate.
    Recommended level to train: 22 ~ 30

Blue Ribbon Pigs (Level 13)
    Map: Blue Ribbon Beach
    Opinion: Due to the new accuracy formula you shouldn't really be here anymore, however it's still a viable training spot. Not recommended for further in to the 20s.
    Recommenced level to train: 10 ~ 20

Job/Story Quests
    Yup, some poor jobs still have these. Shouldn't be used for serious leveling but they're generally fairly nice exp.

Rotting Skeleton (Level 20)
    Map: Haunted House: Chimney Possessed by the Skeletons
    Opinion: I can't say I've ever been there but for that level of monster the exp is pretty broken. The map seems like an okay map however it'd be most suited to classes with high mobility. I'd presume ksers would appear here as well, seeing as it's a Chimney map. Zombie and Blue Mushmom are still better options at this point due to their massive exp yield. Saves a travel to New Leaf City too.

Dyle (Level 28)
    Map: Swamp Region: Deep Mire and Swamp Region: Unseen Danger
    Opinion: Dyle is like Mushmom. It has it's own monster portal now, so it is no longer spammable. If you're in the area for it though, give it a kill.
    Recommended level to train: 23 ~ 25+. 23 if you're well funded with items and 25 if you're not.

~~Second Job Advancement~~

Levels 30 ~ 40

Mushking Castle Quests
    Map: Mushking Empire (Mushroom Castle: Mushroom Forest Field and onwards)
    Opinion: Quests give a load of exp and the monsters are not especially terrible with their exp rates. Helmet Pepes are brilliant on their two row, flat map. As a bonus you get 1 Att, 2 M.att gloves and a decent Medal too. You're not allowed to enter until level 30.
    Recommended level to train: 30 ~ 36

Faust (Level 33)
    Map: Cursed Forest: Polluted Tree
    Opinion: Same as Dyle and Mushmom, Faust now has it's own portal as well. Not viable as a training spot anymore, however you can still give it a kill if you're nearby.
    Recommended level to train: 28 ~ 30+. 28 if you're well funded with items and 30 if you're not.

Jr. Kitties (Jr. Cellion, Jr. Lioner, Jr Grupin (Level 36))
    Map: Garden of Red/Green/Yellow (The maps are relatively the same. Choose the map with more ideal equip drops for your class)
    Opinion: Nice monsters which deal relatively low damage with fair drops. Picking up items won't slow you down too much as well and their meso drop is pretty decent so there is a profit to be had. Normally you'd go here straight after the Mushking Empire quests. Kitties tends to slow down around the late 3X stages so at that point I'd recommend CDs.
    Recommended level to train: 32 ~ 36

CDs (Latest Hits Compilation (Level 41) and Greatest Oldies (Level 42))
    Map: Kerning Square: 7th Floor 8th Floor Area A
    Opinion: The map is flat with brilliant spawn rates. The drops aren't too great and you won't see them often. CDs drop an insane amount of HP potions, whites and oranges, so worrying about HP on some classes isn't needed. High mobility classes are more favoured here.
    Recommended level to train: 34 ~ 48

King Clang (Level 42)
    Map: Florina Beach: Warm Sand
    Opinion: Another boss with a monster portal. I wouldn't recommend you going out of your way JUST to fight King Clang. He's part of the unfinished Silent Crusade quest line, so sooner or later you'll be killing this chap.
    Recommended level to train: 38+

Levels 40 ~ 50

CDs (Latest Hits Compilation (Level 41) and Greatest Oldies (Level 42))
    Map: Kerning Square: 7th Floor 8th Floor Area A
    Opinion: CDs will become very boring, very quickly, but if you stick at it then it's worth it. CDs will slow down a lot by 45+.
    Recommended level to train: 34 ~ 48

Adult Kitties (Cellion, Lioner, Grupin (Level 46))
    Map: Stairway to the Sky 1
    Opinion: Very nice map until the early stages of 5X. The exp is very nice and the drops are fair as well. They drop a fair amount of mesos, HP potions and etc items (Which NPC quite well) and picking up will not slow you down too badly. Generally mobbing classes which can shoot/hit at angles are pretty nice due to the slants on the map, however single target moves still prove to be decent exp (I was here on my Assassin).
    Recommended level to train: 42 ~ 52

Malaysia
    Map: General Maps in Malaysia (Level 45 ~ 56) (Malaysia: Trend Zone Metropolis and onwards)
    Opinion: Malaysia is an amazing training area. There is a quest available at level 50 which will get you to literally 85% straight away (Not including Empathy bonus exp). The quest requires 250 Rebabs and 150 Coconut Husks. As soon as you get to Malaysia you should start collecting. It WILL SLOW YOU DOWN but the result is well worth it (85% at level 50 and 26 fame). After you've stopped collecting the items you can just blitz the monsters. Emo Slimes and Chlorotraps drop Rebabs and Coconut Husks. Village Chief Malek in Muddy Banks 2 is the quest giver.
    Recommended level to train: 46 ~ 53

Dead Scarecrows (Level 50)
    Map: Haunted House: Chimney Possessed by the Scarecrow
    Opinion: Decent exp. Fairly poor spawn, bad map design, bad drops and crowded, so I wouldn't advise training there. I've never needed Scarecrows but it is still worth the mention. High mobility classes are more favoured here.
    Recommended level to train: 42 ~ 54

Pixie Trio (Levels 38 ~ 43)
    Map: Orbis: Cloud Park VI or Orbis: Cloud Park V
    Opinion: The maps are pretty large with decent spawn. The money is pretty nice there as well, plus you can collect 50 of each Pixie's etc items while your there for a quest later in Chryse.
    Recommended level to train: 35 ~ 48

Levels 50 ~ 60

Malaysia
    Map: General Maps in Malaysia (Level 45 ~ 56) (Malaysia: Trend Zone Metropolis and onwards)
    Opinion: Continuing on from previous. Malaysia really slacks soon after early 50s so I wouldn't stay for too long.
    Recommended level to train: 46 ~ 53

Adult Kitties (Cellion, Lioner, Grupin (Level 46))
    Map: Stairway to the Sky 1
    Opinion: Again, just a continuation of the previous section. I recommend leaving Kitties in the early stages of 5X.
    Recommended level to train: 42 ~ 52

Dead Scarecrows (Level 50)
    Map: Haunted House: Chimney Possessed by the Scarecrow
    Opinion: As boring and crowded as this map is it is well worth a mention due to the broken exp. Don't hang around here longer than you have to.
    Recommended level to train: 42 ~ 54

Chryse (Quests and Monsters)
    Map: General Maps of Chryse (Levels 55 ~ 62) (Floating Island of Chryse: Road to Chryse and onwards)
    Opinion: Not bad exp and the monsters drop White Potions in bulk, so no worries about HP potion costs. The maps are not the most well laid out and the maps are huge, however after doing a set amount of quests, which should level you at least twice, you can go into the Coliseum and battle with Golden Mammoths (Level 62) in Floating Island of Chryse: Coliseum Corridor 3. Golden Mammoths drop White Potions in slightly bigger bulks and drop a fair amount of money. The map is nice and flat with a fairly slow spawn.
    To get the from the main Orbis map take the furthest left portal. In Orbis Park find Ericsson and select the Go to Chryse option.
    It should be noted that Chyrse is terrible for classes without a mobility skill like Teleport. As nice as Golden Marmots are they're not worth it if you can't move around the maps quickly.
    Recommended level to train: 55 ~ 64

Toy Trojans (Level 57)
    Map: Ludibrium: Sky Terrace <5> or Ludibrium: Cloud Terrace <5>
    Opinion: I can only judge on Sky Terrace <5> as I've not been to the Cloud Terrace side. The map is relatively flat with a total of 3 main platforms. The spawn is very good and Trojans are fairly fast to they dash to you quite well. Picking up items will hinder your exp gain.
    Recommended level to train: 50 ~ 65

Drake Family (Levels 50 ~ 54)
    Map: Victoria Island Dungeon (Swamp: Silent Swamp to Swamp: Humid Swamp
    Opinion: I wouldn't go too deep into the dungeon for Drakes simply because the maps for them get worse and worse. Training here is kinda slow as the maps are pretty big but I know Drakes drop some nice items, like Dragon Skin and a few potions. High mobility classes are favoured here.
    Recommended level to train: 48 ~ 53

Twisted Jesters (Level 70)
    Map: Haunted House: Toy Room, Haunted House: Toy Room [2], Haunted House: Chimney Possessed by the Clown
    Opinion: Jesters are amazing. Easy mode from 52 ~ 80. Toy Room is much more ideal until 3rd job because 2nd job lacks area filled powerful attacks. Toy Room is also less crowded and more friendly to lower mobility classes. Expect to get KSed at peak times or on popular servers.
    Recommended level to train: 52 ~ 80/90. 80 in Toy Room and 90 in Chimney.

Levels 60 ~ 70

Toy Trojans (Level 57)
    Map: Ludibrium: Sky Terrace <5> or Ludibrium: Cloud Terrace <5>
    Opinion: Same as in the previous section. Trojans are pretty safe until around the early 60s.
    Recommended level to train: 50 ~ 65

Chryse (Quests and Monsters)
    Map: General Maps of Chryse (Levels 55 ~ 62) (Floating Island of Chryse: Road to Chryse and onwards)
    Opinion: Golden Mammoths are decent until around mid 60s. It will get boring but the exp is still pretty good at this stage.
    Recommended level to train: 55 ~ 64

Voodoo/Hoodoo (Level 60)
    Map: Haunted House: Sophilia's Bedroom [3]
    Opinion: Both spawn here. From what I've heard it's fairly decent after coming from Scarecrows and it saves travelling to Ludibrium.
    Recommended level to train: 52 ~ 64

Robos (Level 61) and Master Robos (Level 63)
    Map: General Toy Factory Maps (Ludibrium: Toy Factory <Main Process 1> and onwards/backwards)
    Opinion: I've never been to their maps for leveling however I have heard good things about them. The meso drops are pretty nice at Robos and the maps seem nice and flat. I can't really say much as I've not been there.
    Recommended level to train: 55 ~ 67

Omega Sector
    Map: General Omega Sector Areas (Levels 65 ~ 71) (Omega Sector and onwards)
    Opinion: Upon looking for an Angelic Blessing Recipe I've found that the Boswell fields are very nice maps! Loads of spawn, good drops and potentially an AB Recipe to boot! The amount of quests available in the Omega Sector are awesome too. Boswell Field maps should be better than Kulan Field maps due to those flying aliens, but it's not like it's the only training spot there.
    Recommended level to train: 60 ~ 74

Map: Haunted House: Toy Room, Haunted House: Toy Room [2], Haunted House: Chimney Possessed by the Clown
    Opinion: Jesters give 1325 exp per kill and your leveling gets faster as you hit better. That's all there is to it really. They're amazing. 60 - 70 is when you'll be hitting them much better and, hopefully, getting some decent gear so killing them faster is another bonus.

~~Third Job Advancement~~

Levels 70 ~ 80

Opinion: As you can hit them 100% now you can travel to the Chimney Map. Be warned as it is HIGHLY POPULATED. I recommend Toy Rooms over the Chimney Map if your character class doesn't have high mobility (Jump and Speed). If you manage to find an empty Chimney map you're doing well, however expect to get many MANY visitors. Asking to share the Chimney map is not a bad idea too.

Omega Sector
    Map: General Omega Sector Areas (Levels 65 ~ 71) (Omega Sector and onwards)
    Opinion: I'm presuming Omega Sector is still okay until mid 70s.
    Recommended level to train: 60 ~ 74

Sand Rats (Level 77)
    Map: Sunset Road: Sahel 1
    Opinion: I've never trained there myself but the map seems pretty solid as it's flat with a decent spawn. Definitely worth the mention.
    Recommended level to train: 72 ~ 80

Edelstein Mines (Level 67 ~ 79)
    Map: Edelstein Mine Maps (Verne Mine: Power Plant Security and onwards)
    Opinion: I've been there once or twice and it's reasonably good exp, decent spawns and not terrible maps. There are plenty of quests to do within the mine and they all add on a nice amount of exp.
    Recommended level to train: 63 ~ 82

Levels 80 ~ 90

Opinion: Still a beastly option. Jesters are just that broken. You should be killing them much faster now so the Chimney becomes a viable option. If you're a low mobility class then training elsewhere could be more profitable.

Guard Robot L (Level 79)
    Map: Verne Mine: Shaft 4
    Opinion: I'm presuming it's still an option, however only for the early half of 80s to 90s.
    Recommended level to train: 75 ~ 82

Scorpions (Level 81) and Sand Rats (Level 77)
    Map: Sunset Road: Sahel 2
    Opinion: Just like Sahel 1 but with another, better monster. Nice flat map with decent spawn.
    Recommended level to train: 75 ~ 82

Mu Lung Practice Fields (Level 82 ~ 83)
    Map: Mu Lung Practice Fields (Mu Lung: Practice Field: Beginner and onwards)
    Opinion: I've heard good things but not been there properly myself. The maps are relatively flat and there is a couple of quests related to them so the extra exp is pretty useful.
    Recommended level to train: 77 ~ 85

Mu Lung Wild Bear Areas
    Map: Mu Lung: Wild Bear Areas 1, 2 and 3 (Level 85 ~ 90)
    Opinion: The maps are reasonably flat and the drops from Grizzys are veeeeery nice (Chaos Scroll and Holy Cross earings). Decent spawn rates and picking up won't murder your kill rates too badly. Tae Roon is actually pretty good exp if you manage to find and kill him too. His drops are reasonably good as well. Tae Roon is more ideal if you have a decent range and a world with 19+ channels.
    Recommended level to train: 80 ~ 95 (Up to 110 with Tae Roon killing).

Iron Mutae (Level 83)
    Map: Alcadno Research Institute: Lab - Area B-3
    Opinion: Lovely flat map with nice drops and a decent spawn. Excellent until late 80s.
    Recommended level to train: 70 ~ 85

Roid (Level 88) and Neo Huroid (Level 89)
    Map: Alcadno Research Institute: Lab - Area C-2
    Opinion: Very nice map and a very decent alternative to Jesters early. Expect to stay here for quite a while though.
    Recommended level to train: 80 ~ 95

Selkie Jr. (Level 90) and Slimy (Level 93)
    Map: Mysterious Path 3 (Mp3)
    Opinion: Superb map, especially for high mobility mobbers. Expect to get Ksed here if you're not too mobile. Coming with a friend or in a small party is most ideal.
    Recommended level to train: 85 ~ 105

Ghost Ship Monsters (Level 90 ~ 98)
    Map: Singapore: Ghost Ship 1, 2, 5, and 6
    Opinion: Probably a better option earlier on and if you're low mobility or on your own. The maps here are reasonably good. 2 platforms with a nice spawn. Picking up items won't hinder your exp gain either.

Levels 90 ~ 100

Opinion: If you've not exploded from them yet they're still a viable option until early 90s. I wouldn't recommend you staying longer than you have to at this stage though.

Sage Cat (Level 95)
    Map: Mu Lung: Goblin Forest 2
    Opinion: Very nice map, two rows of spawn, nice drops, decent exp. I was here a lot Pre-BB. They deal a fair bit of damage but it's pretty tolerable, especially as potion costs are virtually non-existent.
    Recommended level to train: 88 ~ 100

Opinion: Very nice map, dubbed as boring though. Decent exp and fair money drops. Picking up will effect your training speed. HIGHLY POPULATED and Ksers are everywhere here, so be prepared if you go there. You also could be missing a lot due to their broken avoid rates.

Ghost Ship Monsters (Level 90 ~ 98)
    Map: Singapore: Ghost Ship 1, 2, 5, and 6
    Opinion: A slower, possibly better (Job dependant) alternative to Mp3. Deserted compared to Mp3 as well, and that is never a bad thing. Maps have 2 platforms of monsters, generally connected by a stairway at either end of the maps. Decent spawns and exp, however, as said before, slower than Mp3 in most cases. Same issue with accuracy applies.

Gallopera (Level 94)
    Map: Malaysia: Entrance to the Spooky World
    Opinion: I've yet to train there myself however I've heard it's really good, decent spawn, and nice items as well. Somewhat populated and people going to Scar/Targa run will most likely Ks you as they have nothing better to do. Avoid rates are broken here, so you'll probably be missing a fair chunk till mid 80s.
    Recommended level to train: 90 ~ 105

Roid (Level 88) and Neo Huroid (Level 89)
    Map: Alcadno Research Institute: Lab - Area C-2
    Opinion: Still a viable option. Wouldn't recommend staying for longer than you have to.
    Recommended level to train: 80 ~ 95

Kru (Level 103) and Captain (Level 105)
    Map: Herb Town: Red-Nose Pirate Den 2
    Opinion: A lovely map. Den 2 is incredible for Mages and higher mobility classes and mobbers alike. Relatively deserted too.
    Recommended level to train: 95 ~ 120

Death Teddy (Level 112)
    Map: Ludibrium: Forgotten Path of Time <3>
    Opinion: Can't say I've been there personally but it's been recommended and worth a mention. Fairly decent drops too. They're also Fire and Holy weak, so Clerics, F/Ps and Evans can make use of that.
    Recommended level to train: 107 ~ 112

Levels 100 ~ 110

Gallopera (Level 94)
    Map: Malaysia: Entrance to the Spooky World
    Opinion: I presume that Gallos are still reasonably good until about 103 or so.
    Recommended level to train: 90 ~ 105

Opinion: Still okay, but I wouldn't recommend staying longer than about 103 as it really isn't worth the hassle of Ksers.

Opinion: Excellent area for exp, good flat map, nice drops and decent meso range. The spawn rate isn't bad either. Populated on ocasion, such as 2x events, but you can see the reason why to be honest. I've heard a lot of people saying it's a boring map but it really isn't so bad.

Captains (Level 105)
    Map: Captains Mini Dungeon
    Opinion: Not as good as Pirate Den 2 but still an option during 2x if every other map is full. As the rate for Captains has increased there's a more likely chance to find a few nice items, such as Shoes for Jump 10% and Chaos Scrolls, though they're still pretty rare.
    Recommended level to train: 100 ~ 120

Map: Herb Town: Red-Nose Pirate Den 3
    Opinion: I'm honestly not a fan of this map. It's not as good as Pirate Den 2 or the Mini Dungeon but it is still worth the mention. Sniping platforms are available, however it's really not a brilliant map.

110 ~ 120

Opinion: Easily a viable option still. I normally get to 120 on Captains/Kru as they're still not slow really. Most people complain that it's too boring though so they just hop to Lion Heart Castle.

Captains (Level 105)
    Map: Captains Mini Dungeon
    Opinion: Still an option that's available. Pirate Den 2 is more ideal in most class cases.

Map: Herb Town: Red-Nose Pirate Den 3
    Opinion: Again, still an option, though with the Mini Dungeon available I'd go there or to Lion Heart Castle.

Dual Ghost Pirate (Level 114)
    Map: Hidden Street: Unbalanced Time
    Opinion: I've been there once... and died. I wasn't a fan of the layout and the damage you take is quite a chunk. Mainly for bulky classes who can take hits well. The spawn isn't terrible either.
    Recommended level to train: 105/110 ~ 120. 105 for bulkier classes.

Spirit Viking (Level 119)
    Map: Ludibrium: Warped Path of Time <4>
    Opinion: Nice map for the Archer type classes. Fair spawn, decent drops which won't hinder killing speed, and nice exp. The magic attack damage is overpowered though, so try to kill them quickly.
    Recommended level to train: 115 ~ 120+

Death Teddy (Level 112)
    Map: Ludibrium: Forgotten Path of Time <3>
    Opinion: Again, can't say too much from personal experience. Fire and Holy elements can make use of these chaps till later I'd presume.
    Recommended level to train: 107 ~ 112

Crocky the Gatekeeper (Level 115)
    Map: Lion King's Castle: Under the Castle Walls 1
    It's Lion Heart Castle (LHC) time! Most classes go here as early as possible because Captains are that boring. I would advise against going here if you're an I/L Mage because, from experience, Captains/Kru are faster. Getting a party of 6 is the key in LHC as there's a total of 250% bonus exp to be had through party bonuses.
    Recommended level to train: 110 ~ 120+

Bearwolf (Level 122)
    Map: Lion King's Castle: Under the Castle Walls 4
    Opinion: I've only been there once but it's a rather nice map with good exp. It's generally less populated as opposed to Crockys. Same applies with the party bonus area as mentioned above. Generally Crockys are much better. People who go to Bearwolves are very funded and have very nice gear and kill a lot more than you do, thus draining exp away from you and more to them.
    Recommended level to train: 115 ~ 120+

~~Forth Job Advancement~~

That's the end of the Guide I guess. If there's anything extra that needs to be added or details I've missed let me know and I'll amend them accordingly. Hope this Guide helps people get a better understanding of where to train at their levels.
    Last edited by Phazonkirby; 31st August 2011 at 04:11 PM.
    Spoiler!

My art blog

I'll get my lvl 10 Wind Archer to 120 with this.

Also please use my formatting tips ^___^

Pretty good training area guide.

Works since after Big Bang everyone seems to train in the same area regardless of class.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

Thunder God

40-50 Pixies. Fastest leveling for any mobile class.

Thanks for all the feedback so far =) I've still got to change a few things and add other suggestions, such as Thorr's note, but for another day methinks.
    Spoiler!

My art blog

Guard Robot L is really a 70 - 80 spot, not 80 - 90. Iron Mutaes completely overshadow it then.