Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Am I doing it wrong?

Shamefully to make 120 gear you need to be around 142+ to get into ToT unless you buy the things you need.
    Spoiler!

My art blog

And Maker is going to be deleted in Chaos which you'll probably get in around ~6 months after Big Bang?

If I can’t have what I want, let me want what I have.

If I screw this up, I still have a Spearman anyway... :V
    http://haimerejloh.deviantart.com
    Visit my Deviant for my Artwork.

TO DO LIST:
    [X] Get to First Job (Pirate)
    [X] Get to Second Job (Gunslinger)
    [X] Get to Third Job (Valkyrie)
    [ ] Get to Fourth Job (Corsair)
    [ ] Get Cygnus Character to Level 120 (Blaze Wizard)

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thorr View Post
    Your damage is naturally going to be low. You have to make up for it with firing speed.

Don't worry about your strength. Statless build are EXTREMELY overrated. You will be just fine if you capped your strength right now.

What you need to do is scroll that gun. My lvl 64 maple gun has a total of 90 Attack. Since yours is only 60, I have to assume it's clean. Maple guns should be relatively cheap. I would get a couple of them and spam 30% scrolls on them. Get 2 successes on one gun and then 60%/70% the rest of it. That should get you at least in the realm of 75 attack. (Mine is 82 and has been hammered twice. It also has +8 WA from potential.)

Essentially, you need to get Attack on as much gear you can. it will make a world of difference. If you do that, your worries about strength will disappear.
    Assuming GMS-similar prices, he could just buy a mediocre mid-game gun for less and not take the chances of scrolling. With limited funding, landing scrolls isn't usually the most cost-effective boost. It's better to either buy a mediocre, or just throw 100%s on normal weapons (since he has str).

Spoiler!

Thunder God

Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    Assuming GMS-similar prices, he could just buy a mediocre mid-game gun for less and not take the chances of scrolling. With limited funding, landing scrolls isn't usually the most cost-effective boost. It's better to either buy a mediocre, or just throw 100%s on normal weapons (since he has str).
    I don't disagree with any of the prior points. My only point is to work with what you have. It cost me all of 1M mesos to scroll my gun to max. It is a given that you'd want to start with the highest gun you can successfully wield, but scrolling the one he already has will be fine, too.

From what I'm noticing now, mostly People in SEA are interested in the following:

Maple Pyrope Weapons
    Lvl 17 Evolving Rings
    60% Att/M.Att Scrolls
    Blue Rex Earrings
    Steelies
    Eternal Bullets
    Equipment with Potential of their Main/Dump Stat

The 64 Maple Gun is now gathering dust, since someone gave me the Lvl 80 Gun for free since he was hunting for Potentialed Gloves...

Basically people don't want Unpotentialed stuff though... Hit Level 80, My Max STR is now around 95 something. i'm thinking of hitting up that Scarlion Boss for its Hat once I hit the appropriate level (Thank god I have a Cash Shop Hat to hide it) Training feels a bit slow since all I'm doing now is spamming Flamer/Splitter.
    Last edited by JeremiahLoh; 22nd June 2011 at 12:05 AM.
    http://haimerejloh.deviantart.com
    Visit my Deviant for my Artwork.

TO DO LIST:
    [X] Get to First Job (Pirate)
    [X] Get to Second Job (Gunslinger)
    [X] Get to Third Job (Valkyrie)
    [ ] Get to Fourth Job (Corsair)
    [ ] Get Cygnus Character to Level 120 (Blaze Wizard)

Quote Originally Posted by JeremiahLoh View Post
    From what I'm noticing now, mostly People in SEA are interested in the following:

Maple Pyrope Weapons
    Lvl 17 Evolving Rings
    60% Att/M.Att Scrolls
    Blue Rex Earrings
    Steelies
    Eternal Bullets
    Equipment with Potential of their Main/Dump Stat

The 64 Maple Gun is now gathering dust, since someone gave me the Lvl 80 Gun for free since he was hunting for Potentialed Gloves...

Basically people don't want Unpotentialed stuff though... Hit Level 80, My Max STR is now around 95 something. i'm thinking of hitting up that Scarlion Boss for its Hat once I hit the appropriate level (Thank god I have a Cash Shop Hat to hide it) Training feels a bit slow since all I'm doing now is spamming Flamer/Splitter.
    Actually with icefire, your training should be pretty fast, at iron mutaes around the 80s, you can shoot to 88 in no time. Magatia is awesome through the 80s and into the 100, and you never want to be back again after that lol.
    Last edited by AcrylicBlaze; 23rd June 2011 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrete View Post
    And Maker is going to be deleted in Chaos which you'll probably get in around ~6 months after Big Bang?
    Maker is revived as one of the professions isnt it? Not specifically named maker though.