Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am I doing it wrong?

Default Am I doing it wrong?

So I'm level 77 right now, my Damage is 1149-1167. Wild Hunters keep on saying my damage is too low...

Have 80 STR (65 Base +15 Bonus)

The Rest obviously in DEX

Using a Level 64 Maple Gun right now has 60 Attack on it as well.

On Training, currently my playstyle now is just use Flamethrower->Ice Splitter then do the same for other Mobs, once they've thawed out they'd be at 1 HP, so I just hit them with Flamethrower again to kill them. Is this basically how I can train now?
    http://haimerejloh.deviantart.com
    Visit my Deviant for my Artwork.

TO DO LIST:
    [X] Get to First Job (Pirate)
    [X] Get to Second Job (Gunslinger)
    [X] Get to Third Job (Valkyrie)
    [ ] Get to Fourth Job (Corsair)
    [ ] Get Cygnus Character to Level 120 (Blaze Wizard)

Obviously Wild Hunters say your damage is low.

But I think your base STR is a little high. I'm sure soon there will be email or someone more experienced with Sairs here telling you things like they really are.

If I can’t have what I want, let me want what I have.

I don't remember my damage range then, but yeah your str is a little too high, with evo ring and scar/targa/zak helm, you can even hold a concerto, but don't worry, you can spare more dex eq now instead to cover up.
    With mech coming, everything guns related is just out of your monetary reach, leaving you to just hunt everything, (eternal bullets 5m each in bootes, gun scrolls are just insanely overpriced for stupid reasons, -.-), so your weapon is fine for an unfunded, but do get an infinity or pyrope if you can soon.
    As for your training, don't be 'cheap' with your icefire if you want to level fast.

I made this Character pre-BB, and I sorta laid dormant for about a year or so. Came back to Big Bang so meh... blame BB, I wasn't able to participate in the Evo Ring Event so i guess i'll have to buy them... or hope they host another one. Well I've got Maker Skill, I was planning on getting it to 3 anyway to make my stuff. And the STR Boost will drop down to -8 by next year though as i'm wearing a face Accessory that expires by next year...

I'm planning to go full throttle on the Pirate Hat upgrade up to its lvl 100 Version though once I max out my Fire & Ice Shots.

TO DO LIST:

I came back just before bb at around my 60s so I kinda got all of the stuff, rings not gonna be cheap :/

Well to be honest, I'm not really asking for being a Power Gamer. I just enjoy the game for fun. I don't have much mesos. So I always went with the Regular 2nd Stat Route. If I got some extra STR or DEX thats lovely. I'm pretty fine overall... :P
    Last edited by JeremiahLoh; 20th June 2011 at 07:07 PM.

TO DO LIST:

Thunder God

Your damage is naturally going to be low. You have to make up for it with firing speed.

Don't worry about your strength. Statless build are EXTREMELY overrated. You will be just fine if you capped your strength right now.

What you need to do is scroll that gun. My lvl 64 maple gun has a total of 90 Attack. Since yours is only 60, I have to assume it's clean. Maple guns should be relatively cheap. I would get a couple of them and spam 30% scrolls on them. Get 2 successes on one gun and then 60%/70% the rest of it. That should get you at least in the realm of 75 attack. (Mine is 82 and has been hammered twice. It also has +8 WA from potential.)

Essentially, you need to get Attack on as much gear you can. it will make a world of difference. If you do that, your worries about strength will disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorr View Post
    Your damage is naturally going to be low. You have to make up for it with firing speed.

Don't worry about your strength. Statless build are EXTREMELY overrated. You will be just fine if you capped your strength right now.

What you need to do is scroll that gun. My lvl 64 maple gun has a total of 90 Attack. Since yours is only 60, I have to assume it's clean. Maple guns should be relatively cheap. I would get a couple of them and spam 30% scrolls on them. Get 2 successes on one gun and then 60%/70% the rest of it. That should get you at least in the realm of 75 attack. (Mine is 82 and has been hammered twice. It also has +8 WA from potential.)

Essentially, you need to get Attack on as much gear you can. it will make a world of difference. If you do that, your worries about strength will disappear.
    I have a slight problem with this. Is it really worth to pour so much on a lower leveled weapon? I know it'll be used until a lot later but if you scroll a better weapon later then it would last even longer. Wouldn't that make more sense than to scroll a lower leveled weapon?
    Spoiler!

My art blog

Quote Originally Posted by Thorr View Post

I agree with phazon and also, in mSEA right now, anything gun related has its prices multiplied about 5x. But to go low str is just to get the most out of your stats, wa is more important and damage changing.
    Last edited by AcrylicBlaze; 20th June 2011 at 08:31 PM.

Well I'm trying to look for the 77 Version. Then scrolling those with 60%'s then sticking with that until I get to 120 to make Reverse Equipment.

TO DO LIST: