Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can someone explain scrolls to me?

Quote Originally Posted by White Mage Abyss View Post
    Several thousand damage in high levels.
    Oh wow. But that's assuming you know what you're doing. XD I most likely wouldn't, and I won't be high level for quite a while.

New question, why are 60% scrolls more valuable than other types? Or are they?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrex View Post
    New question, why are 60% scrolls more valuable than other types? Or are they?
    They have a better Success to Gain ratio out of the other types of scrolls, you can use 7 60% scrolls on average and end up with a better scrolled weapon than if you used 7 100%'s or 7 10%'s. They also don't blow up your weapon. This isn't counting using multiple types of scrolls which would be even better. 70%'s give the same bonuses, and have a 10% higher chance of succeeding, however they have a 50% chance to blow up the item on failure. Meaning they'd be best used first.
    Last edited by White Mage Abyss; 26th June 2011 at 11:30 PM.

30%s seem to be the most valuable in most cases because of the fact they give the same stats as the 10%s with a much more appealing success rate than just... well the oh so notorious 10%.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

Oh I see.

But apparently there are ways of ensuring it won't delete the item? And there's ways of improving the success rate, right?

There are not right now. The 30% is a dark scroll and like the 70% scroll it will blow up your item at a 50% chance if it fails. I think based on calculations there is a 35% chance that the item will blow up. Not sure if my math is correct. The only real thing you can do for a scroll is just use a white scroll or a Pam's song that will make sure the scroll does not use up one of the item's slots upon failure. Even then there is still a chance the item will explode. I think right now the only way for you to increase the success rate of scrolls is with the upcoming personality system in MapleStory Chaos. One of the "personalities" raises your scroll success rate.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

Quote Originally Posted by omarXRanger View Post
    There are not right now. The 30% is a dark scroll and like the 70% scroll it will blow up your item at a 50% chance if it fails. I think based on calculations there is a 35% chance that the item will blow up. Not sure if my math is correct. The only real thing you can do for a scroll is just use a white scroll or a Pam's song that will make sure the scroll does not use up one of the item's slots upon failure. Even then there is still a chance the item will explode. I think right now the only way for you to increase the success rate of scrolls is with the upcoming personality system in MapleStory Chaos. One of the "personalities" raises your scroll success rate.
    Ah, good. What do Miracle Cubes do?

Reset your potential stat. People use them to get the best potential stats. By potential stats I mean like % stats.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by omarXRanger View Post
    Reset your potential stat. People use them to get the best potential stats. By potential stats I mean like % stats.
    Oh right right. OK, I think I understand this a lot better now.