Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nova

Hidden Street Nova

NOTE: The first new server is going to be called Chaos, and Nova will be coming later on (probably 1-2 weeks).

Also note that this list is no longer being updated.

Well as many of you know there is yet another new server being released with the Chaos patch. This was implicitly stated by Nexon in their poll "Help us choose a name for a new world that will launch during the Chaos update!". According to the majority vote, with a whopping 25% lead, it will almost definitely be named Nova. I'm not sure whether this new server will be released with the first Chaos segment, or the last, but it's definitely coming within the next five weeks.

As for myself, I haven't been playing MapleStory for a while and am planning on playing again, along with my brother, once this new server hits. I like the fact that a new server introduces the chance to start totally fresh. This includes the opportunity to be equal with everyone else in terms of event items, such as the Time Traveler Medal, and the Evolving Rings. Heck, this even includes the very recent 6th-Anniversary Maple equipment. Nobody will have these in Nova, and nobody ever will - unless of course they are re-released in another event, in which case everyone will be given a fair chance anyways. I suppose there are the odd server immigrants who might carry over some of these things, but the quantity in this case is so miniscule that it's not even worth noting.

To the point: is anyone else planning on starting fresh on Nova? It would be stellar if we could get a list of HSers going so that, when the time comes, we will be able to help each other out in the new world. Plus, I'd be willing to bet HS would like to get their trademark guild established in Nova asap. Now that it's a mere 100,000 Mesos to form a guild, along with the reduction of 5 people, I'm sure this wont be a problem. I'll be playing non-stop until I get my first 100k for my own guild, but afterwards I would definitely be willing to donate for the cause. The only tricky part of grabbing a guild name quick is getting that 100k and, while doing so, hoping nobody else beats you to it. If anybody has any tips for making Mesos while every single player is in first job, please let me know. I haven't been around lately so I have no idea - for all I know Slimes could drop Meso bags. (o_o)

Anyone interested?

~ ◦ ~

Those interested (maybe not anymore):
    Last edited by Aeca; 12th July 2011 at 08:52 AM.
    Inactive (as of 2011-08-28 YMD)
    W i n g

For if I had Wings, I would surely fall.
    Aecarus ◦ Lv70 Ranger ◦ Chaos
    Lv7 Herbalism ◦ Lv5 Alchemy
    Aecarus the Azure Phoenix

100,000 mesos is very easy to get if you actively loot while you train.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

I got like 100k in like two days, and I'm not a hardcore player.

If enough people go Nova and the lag isn't bad I'll definitely sign up. Maybe. I need to diversify my character list.

Hmm. By what level could one gather up 100k? Around 20? I've heard it barely takes 2 hours to get to Lv20 nowadays. I still remember back in the day, when I got that Red Triangular Shield from Blackbull and about keeled over because it sold for 25k. That would probably be just plain sad now, wouldn't it?
    Last edited by Aeca; 24th June 2011 at 09:34 AM.
    W i n g

Quote Originally Posted by Aeca View Post
    Hmm. By what level could one gather up 100k? Around 20? I've heard it barely takes 2 hours to get to Lv20 nowadays. I still remember back in the day, when I got that Red Triangular Shield from Blackbull and about keeled over because it sold for 25k. That would probably be just plain sad now, wouldn't it?
    I think 25k is still a good chunk of change, at least pre-level 100. I still get excited when I find monster drops I can sell for 10k+.

Yeah shouldn't take that long. Getting to Orbis might take longer, lol. Although I don't know if you have to go there to make a guild, I just assumed so.

Nope. That's one thing I do know is that the guild system has been totally revamped (most of it good, IMO). You no longer need a full party, and you can actually teleport to the guildhall from a variety of towns, including Henesys.

~ ◦ ~

I just thought of something: Gachapon. You have a pretty good chance of getting junk with that game, but even that junk can sell for a bunch of quick Mesos. Does anyone know that the Level requirement to buy/play Gach is? I'm going to assume that there is no new account/server restriction, but I could be mistaken.
    Last edited by Aeca; 26th June 2011 at 10:27 AM.
    W i n g

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

I'm not sure if it happened in the new servers, but when Galacia came out, there was a quest that gave you 300k at a very early level (something <30).

Also, I wouldn't mind messing around in Nova, especially since it's summer.

Spoiler!

I'll go in Nova. Seems like a short fun break from Bera.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

I quit all my accounts on empty worlds because no one was there. I might come to nova.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    I'm not sure if it happened in the new servers, but when Galacia came out, there was a quest that gave you 300k at a very early level (something <30).

Also, I wouldn't mind messing around in Nova, especially since it's summer.
    Notes that summer makes Tesi do odd things.

Yeah i'm game. I can make 20m+ at 40 which takes like...maybe 5 hours?
    Spoiler!

i've lost my got damned mind