Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Re:Atheism

Default Re:Atheism

What if there was no belief. Just imagine how crappy our world would be. It's hard to describe because it would give you a headache describing every possible part of life that would be affected. Without belief it would be worse, instead of belief in atheism and theism now, it would just become an all out knowledge war for whatever corner you're in. So some guy that had nothing better to do made some really long page to describe belief and how you could live a life without it.
    http://www.nobeliefs.com/beliefs.htm

Now please, believe in whatever. I'm christian, but oh well, believe in whatever and live your lives to the fullest on earth.

(Mesniac totally encouraged me to do this so please troll him if this irritates you)

Oh goody goody

I am an atheist, my parents are atheists, most of my friends are atheist or at least agnostic. Everyone seems to be doing great, having fun, etc.

"It's hard to describe because it would give you a headache describing every possible part of life that would be affected. " I don't get headaches from thinking too hard. We (more or less) look at what we find and draw rational conclusions. If we don't know the answer, we might say "I don't know" instead of making something up.

"Without belief it would be worse, instead of belief in atheism and theism now, it would just become an all out knowledge war for whatever corner you're in."
    There seems to be a strong inverse correlation between how religious (non-secularized would be a better word) a society is, and how peaceful a country is. Sweden, Denmark, Japan, Finland, Germany, Luxembourg, Switzerland, to name a few, have, for the most part, excellent education systems, and are rather peaceful. http://www.visionofhumanity.org/info-center/global-peace-index-2011/

anyway, you might be wondering, "why the hell is merciless talking about peace"

and I don't know why, but here's my beef with religion. Why do you believe it, why do YOU have faith? answer that, and I will respond accordingly.
    Quote Originally Posted by BarelyAwake View Post
    This thread quickly turned into who all wants to sex up Merciless.

so i can drink wine underaged legally

Quote Originally Posted by ClericLordLeo View Post
    so i can drink wine underaged legally
    I'm 18, i would not even touch alcohol. Not even wine, all alcoholic drinks are awful nasty. Other HS adults may think differently

If there was no belief, the twin towers would be standing. We would not be at war. We wouldn't have had WWII. Advancements in physics and other sciences would be immense. We would already have flying cars and Star-Trek-esque starships. Politics would make sense. The average person would be more intelligent. The average person would have more friends. Harold Camping is not an engineer and was never one, no matter how many people said he was a civil engineer.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

Alcohol is good for the body and soul.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

Quote Originally Posted by FailFTW View Post
    If there was no belief, the twin towers would be standing. We would not be at war. We wouldn't have had WWII. Advancements in physics and other sciences would be immense. We would already have flying cars and Star-Trek-esque starships. Politics would make sense. The average person would be more intelligent. The average person would have more friends. Harold Camping is not an engineer and was never one, no matter how many people said he was a civil engineer.
    Blame on religion and countless hypotheticals on how the world would be more peaceful without it is blind to the obvious problems worldwide. Why was there a war in Iraq? People were quick to follow the "islamic extremist" bandwagon because it was an easy target. Certainly a foreign and unknown belief would be to blame for out misfortunes! Of course it was all a known lie and the true reasoning for it was for resources. When Iraq's oil became free for all Oil giants made a fortune. The failed coup of Hugo Chavez, prolonging of the Afghan war, Vietnam war, Afghan war in the 80s, World War 1, World War 2 and I can go on but you get the point. World conflicts have generally been about land, profit and power.

Saudi Arabia for example, do you think the royals in power are religious in any ****ing sense of the word? Study their family, they are driven by money and power with Bahrain as a large example. They can send troops to Bahrain and aid their puppets to preserve their sphere of influence on the region. Be it by way of torturing and oppressing people, it matters not because no one is going to stop them. Western nations are so concerned with destroying the Libyan dictatorship yet they don't lay a finger on the issue of Bahrain because of the profit motive. They don't want to cross the nation that feeds them oil.

Conflicts would be resolved much sooner if the world was moved by justice instead of material gain. So now instead of dealing with world poverty, disease and overpopulation we are having debates on whether should tax the rich. I mean good god, people need to be with their poisonous nationalistic nonsense and be humanists./rant

I don't ****ing care what other people believe in. As long as they don't act like a douche because of their religion.

If I can’t have what I want, let me want what I have.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixRider View Post
    Blame on religion and countless hypotheticals on how the world would be more peaceful without it is blind to the obvious problems worldwide. Why was there a war in Iraq? People were quick to follow the "islamic extremist" bandwagon because it was an easy target. Certainly a foreign and unknown belief would be to blame for out misfortunes! Of course it was all a known lie and the true reasoning for it was for resources. When Iraq's oil became free for all Oil giants made a fortune. The failed coup of Hugo Chavez, prolonging of the Afghan war, Vietnam war, Afghan war in the 80s, World War 1, World War 2 and I can go on but you get the point. World conflicts have generally been about land, profit and power.

Saudi Arabia for example, do you think the royals in power are religious in any ****ing sense of the word? Study their family, they are driven by money and power with Bahrain as a large example. They can send troops to Bahrain and aid their puppets to preserve their sphere of influence on the region. Be it by way of torturing and oppressing people, it matters not because no one is going to stop them. Western nations are so concerned with destroying the Libyan dictatorship yet they don't lay a finger on the issue of Bahrain because of the profit motive. They don't want to cross the nation that feeds them oil.

Conflicts would be resolved much sooner if the world was moved by justice instead of material gain. So now instead of dealing with world poverty, disease and overpopulation we are having debates on whether should tax the rich. I mean good god, people need to be with their poisonous nationalistic nonsense and be humanists./rant

The Shunni/Shiite have been warring for as long as Islam has been around. They always have and always will.

Lol oil...
    Spoiler!

i've lost my got damned mind

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bishopz View Post
    What if there was no belief. Just imagine how crappy our world would be. It's hard to describe because it would give you a headache describing every possible part of life that would be affected. Without belief it would be worse, instead of belief in atheism and theism now, it would just become an all out knowledge war for whatever corner you're in. So some guy that had nothing better to do made some really long page to describe belief and how you could live a life without it.
    http://www.nobeliefs.com/beliefs.htm

Now please, believe in whatever. I'm christian, but oh well, believe in whatever and live your lives to the fullest on earth.

(Mesniac totally encouraged me to do this so please troll him if this irritates you)
    Do you mean no religious belief? Of no belief at all?

'Cause, if you Yuna is any judge at all, we can get on without "hope" or supernatural beings.

That said, I'm likely the most religiously-inclined here.

But without believing in anything, we'd be like Adam Warlock's definition of "goodness" in Doctor Strange (Doctor Strange Infinity Gauntlet 36 or so, it was showing how without will to act on or own convictions in that case because they were forced to be good, people are kinda lukewarm and not really all there). You must read the comic now because it's good, and will take your soul.
    Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 25th June 2011 at 07:13 PM.