Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Pally Pally Paladin - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pally Pally Paladin

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

I threw CO in early on because I just don't care about pot costs, at all.
    If I do decide to get 18 fire charge soon, should I still put 6 into Lightning for the boost (in case I do come across a situation that requires it)?

Spoiler!

If you raise fire I recommend you raise lightning right after it. It does give you a significant damage boost.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

No. 6 Fire then max CB or 18 Fire then max CB is much stronger than 18 Fire and 18 Lightning at the same point in time. The damage boost from dual charging is easily eclipsed by the damage boost from using CB instead of Ground Smash or Slash Blast.

That's what he planned to do.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

Yea, I had always planned on maxing CB once I got Fire to 6 (past tense at this point though, well into 3rd job now).

Also, with the new acc formula, I've been able to train at most places with ease. I was partially 1 hitting Roids and Neo-Huroids, so I started upgrading Lightning to match Fire. The additional 5% boost seemed to give enough benefit to make up for 30 second more frequent re-casts.
    Last edited by Tesiqurasa; 2nd July 2011 at 12:34 PM.

Spoiler!

Oh. I misread and thought you wanted to dual charge straight after getting fire, and before Charged Blow. My mistake.

But yeah. If dual charging makes you go from two-hitting to one-hitting, go for it.

EDIT:
    Surprisingly, Nexon decided to remove the fire-elemental weaknesses from all LHC monsters (and maybe Holy, but no sane mid-4th job Paladin goes to Castle Golems). Don't know if they've completely wiped elemental advantages/disadvantages in LHC though, as I haven't been there in a very long time.
    Just like to point out that, when deciding on your fourth job build, Heaven's Hammer now has greater priority over Blast unless you're running around with approximately 17k max range. And that 17k max range with max Blast on one monster is needed to out-damage max Heaven's Hammer on one monster, but if there's only one monster on your screen then maybe a change of strategies would be help.

Despite Nexon's "decision", as it seems too major and too focussed to be deliberate, Holy Charge does not need to be maxed earlier as the damage multiplier isn't much higher than Fire's.
    Last edited by DlPSHl7; 2nd July 2011 at 04:13 PM.

Drake

It's a pity that Big Bang pretty much erased whatever knowledge I had left of this game, looking forward to seeing how your Paladin turns out though.

More on-topic, doesn't Charged blow use up your charge at 3rd job? Never found the idea of recharging between every hit appealing to be honest, slows down DPS very significantly, especially now that warriors have a better spammable mobbing skill in comparison to Slash Blast at 2nd.
    SienZPaladin , lv 172 Paladin ~
    ~ KoClSienZ , lv 120 Wind Breaker
    SienZGenesis , lv 200 Bishop ~
    ~ SienZUltimus , lv 49 Assassin

Lvling record personal best : lvl 1~69 under 24 hrs

I <3 Pooky !

yea, BB got rid of that with CB, but early on it only hits 4 max until ACB.

Spoiler!

With the removal of elemental resistances in LHC, training at castle golems is now a choice Paladins can make. A lot of warriors go there which is beneficial to them because they can fight the golems efficiently. Now that paladins can go there they can also take advantage of it.

Also, they changed the Charged Blow skill so it does not use up charges. It is a spammable attack without having to max out Advanced Charge Blow.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

I'm not entirely sure about my 4th job skill build. Reaching a 17k training range should be no problem by 13x, assuming my gear transfers from Kradia by then.

The only thing I'm certain about is my early 12x build. I'd like to do 1 ACB, 1 Rush, and 1 Blast right away, then 1 HH and max ACB. Beyond that, I was thinking max Blast.

Since Golems are now possible for Pally, would stance beat max HH? Or would it be better to Bear Wolves and max HH before Stance?

Spoiler!