Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Pally Pally Paladin - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pally Pally Paladin

No wait. 17k range might be easy, but that's only one monster. If there were 4 monsters on screen, which is quite common without even having a strategy, you'd need a 68k range. That's what I meant by HH is very underestimated - you don't see numbers and it doesn't kill, but trying to match 4+ times the damage cap every 20 seconds isn't as easy as people think it is.

HH comes before max stance. Opinions vary though, some people think 8 Stance early on helps with some knockback issues. In my own experience at Bearwolves, Stance is unnecessary because you'll spend most of your time on top of the wolves taking 1 damage.

As far as Golems vs. Bearwolves, most people are inclined towards Bearwolves. To go to Golems means you possibly need to move Divine Charge earlier, and/or you need to replace Heaven's Hammer with a decent amount of Stance which would hurt your potential damage output. I've never been to Golems, so I'll try to find out for you (because I might be missing something here).

I can do 8x the damage cap every 20 seconds on my bowmaster. And his range is about 17k now.

He doesn't need to worry about Divine Charge now that the mobs at LHC don't have any elemental resistance or weakness.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

What are the calculations of 3 Blast and 32 HH vs 32 Blast and 3 HH (assuming +10% crit ring and SE)?
    Last edited by Tesiqurasa; 4th July 2011 at 02:36 PM.

Spoiler!

I believe the DPM of Blast without any criticals is 61928.5714%. I don't know the pros and cons of maxing HH before Blast, but just based on observations of other Paladins and a little research of my own I think Blast is the better choice.

I don't know if I got that Blast DPM right btw.
    Last edited by Omar Ranger; 4th July 2011 at 03:12 PM.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

Okay, after seeing how uncommon Blast30 is, I'll definitely bring it to at least 15 early on.

Spoiler!

So, it looks like max HH does 50k damage per second, although probably slightly less given the reaction and setup time. To give it the benefit of the doubt, I'll just say 50k.

Blast with a 1h Fast (5) wep and booster has a delay of just 690ms. I'd hit almost 87 blasts per minute (ideally), compared to 3mil damage per minute (ideally) of HH. Stance would actually let me get close to that 87 hits, but even with max Stance, it would still probably only be about 70-80.

From the looks of it, it seems that Blast is far better than HH in almost every small-range situation, and definitely every "standard" bossing situation. Assuming I will be training at Bearwolves until I get stance, I can't see a huge use for HH every ~20 seconds. The only time I can think of that it would be significantly better would be right after the party finishes clearing out a rushed group of bottom mobs. Beyond that, Blast and ACB seem ideal for single target/small mobbing (most of LHC).

Edit:
    Nvmd I'm dom. I completely forgot to take the difference between 32hh+3blast and 32blast+3hh. Now I'm still getting closer to 10k range req, and even less with SE. That's not even factoring in the lvl 3 HH every 310 seconds, meaning with both SE and 3 HH, you basically need no amazing range to match 32HH+3blast.

The only time I can get about 17k is when I calculate a 2h Normal speed wep without booster, or I don't factor in ignored PDR (assuming bearwolves) and crit, or I don't factor in stacking, neutral charges. I also factored in Threaten, 5% passive crit and a 10% crit ring.

On a semi-unrelated note:
    I've been seeing a ton of those 100% 1h sword att scrolls all over the FM, and they're just about 400-500m each. It seems like a VERY cheap way to make a perfect weapon. My plan is to get 7-9 of them (not sure if I want to hammer yet) and scroll a Dragon Carabella to use now. A 14x-15x att 1h sword is definitely "end-game" for me, not going to invest the ~4b it takes for a clean VIP 1h.

Then, I'm going to stock up and save 10 of them for the eventual lvl 140 sword, unless there's something else that's planned on being released?
    Two questions:
    1. Is there anything else being released that I should know about?
    2. Since I definitely will upgrade MUCH later on, would a Carbella be a safe investment to hold at least some amount of resale value? The last thing I want is an unused perfect untradeable wep on my acc.
    Last edited by Tesiqurasa; 6th July 2011 at 06:40 AM.

Spoiler!

The only thing being released is the warrior Jump patch which makes your ACB much more powerful, but also adds a longer delay.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

seriously doubt 140 sword is going to be obtainable soon legitly.
    you need to kill empress to get it, i think.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Quote Originally Posted by emailbox View Post
    seriously doubt 140 sword is going to be obtainable soon legitly.
    you need to kill empress to get it, i think.
    Yes, but I'm guessing 100% scrolls won't get much cheaper.
    I am almost done with the Carabella though; just need to hammer it. I'll cube it as if it was an end-game weapon, but it will have at least some resale value on the off-chance that I do eventually get hold of a 140 wep.

Spoiler!

Drake

Personally I'm using a Flairgrave for end-game weapon, prefer the speed, gives overall better DPM than any 1h sword. As for the 140 sword, you're gonna need 170 dex to equip it, so good luck with that if that's in your plans.
    SienZPaladin , lv 172 Paladin ~
    ~ KoClSienZ , lv 120 Wind Breaker
    SienZGenesis , lv 200 Bishop ~
    ~ SienZUltimus , lv 49 Assassin

Lvling record personal best : lvl 1~69 under 24 hrs

I <3 Pooky !