Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: The book thread

I can honestly say that Lord of the Flies is one of my least favorite books. I can't stand Golding's writing style for some reason. It puts me to sleep
    Quote Originally Posted by BarelyAwake View Post
    This thread quickly turned into who all wants to sex up Merciless.

LOST did have a character mention Lord of the Flies though.

The main thing I remember about reading Lord of the Flies in school was that for weeks everyone kept saying "Sucks to your assmar."

Some of Ronald Dahl books like The Witch, Fantastic Mr. Fox and James and the giant peach I enjoyed as a kid and I still enjoy it now.

Confederates in the attic and the Assault on Reason I recently read.

Maus proves that you can make a comic as dark and heavy.
    I'm Retired.

Haruki Murakami is the only author. Read almost all his books and have two next to me (Norwegian Wood and South of the Border, West of the Sun) that I need to read.

A Wild Sheep Chase, Dance Dance Dance, The Windup Bird Chronicle, Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World, After Dark, Kafka on the Shore, What I Talk About When I Talk About Running, and Sputnik Sweetheart are all amazing books.

OH GOD NEW BOOK COMING OUT OCTOBER 25 YESYESYEYSYYESYSYEYWUETBVIg2f648n2hb39g51bt16f v@#KF @uh (1Q84)
    someone at The Japan Times called it his magnum opus. WE SHALL SEE
    Last edited by supalime; 6th July 2011 at 02:33 PM.

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    When most high schools teach Inferno, do they teach the rest of the Divine Comedy as well?

Those two are incredibly boring. That's the reason I began thinking, "If people in heaven are [insert trait here], I'd much rather be in hell. So much more interesting!"
    I tried to read the Divine Comedy, just before college. I wasn't really taught how to read poetry until the middle of college, so I waded through it, finally just looking at the chapter opening summary.

Currently I'm reading through the Wheel of Time series. It's going slow because I'm out of practice with reading books, and I have too many things to do to really concentrate.

My high school doesn't teach the entire Divine Comedy.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

i read about 400 pages of a game of thrones yesterday (is good), gonna finish it today, got a clash of kings so i can start that when im done with GoT
    hi

Done with Game of Thrones, about 200 pages in a Clash of Kings
    hi

It may sound strange, but I'm a big fan of more classical literature. And my favorite author is Shakespeare with his large number of works that have changed literature. I can read about him an infinite number of times and each time I find something new. That's how it turned out now that in every state in America there is a whole festival and more info I read it in this article. I certainly understand that a lot can change in connection with the period of the pandemic. But in the article I am our all sources of information that will help me to follow and study options on how to get to this festival.

Thank you so much for these recommendations!